Author Topic: Terminator Terminated By IRS  (Read 422 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Terminator Terminated By IRS
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:58:03 AM »

L.A. NOW
Southern California -- this just in

November 27, 2009 | 11:14 am

The Internal Revenue Service has filed a federal tax lien against Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger for nearly $80,000, public records show.

The lien was filed May 11 at the Los Angeles County recorder's office for $79,064, according to a record in an electronic database that includes lien filings. The record does not indicate what property the lien was placed on, but it lists the debtor as Arnold Schwarzenegger with the governor's home address in Brentwood.

[Updated at 11:42 a.m.: A federal tax lien would be attached to all of the governor’s properties, according to the IRS.]

The lien was reported this morning by TMZ.com, which posted a copy of a lien document that says it is from the county recorder's office. That document shows that Schwarzenegger owes $39,047.20 from 2004 and $40,016.80 from 2005. The document also lists a section of the IRS code that suggests the debt may be penalties for a failure to report certain business transactions.

Schwarzenegger's spokesman, Aaron McLear, said in a statement that the "governor has paid his taxes in full and on time."

"No one, including the IRS, has notified the governor of any issues whatsoever with his taxes," McLear said. "We are contacting the IRS to determine if the document in question, which appears to be a penalty for missing info and not for unpaid taxes, is legitimate and if there is any discrepancy to resolve."

-- Michael Rothfeld in Sacramento
C

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Terminator Terminated By IRS
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 12:27:10 PM »
serious question

do you EVER have a positive thought?  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 01:07:37 PM »
Arnold's innocence or guilt aside, does anybody else on the board have others do their taxes?

I'm not the most business savvy person so I have an accountant do mine, but I'm always wondering what if he makes a mistake/omission?  How much trouble am I going to be in?  Fortunately, I'm just small potatoes...but even still, a hefty fine could be pretty nasty.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 01:09:41 PM »
serious question

do you EVER have a positive thought?  :-\

You couldn't ask a serious question if your life depended on it.
C

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »
You couldn't ask a serious question if your life depended on it.

actually you are right...i'm never serious...

but i'm always brilliant  :-*
carpe` vaginum!

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 03:10:46 PM »
actually you are right...i'm never serious...

but i'm always brilliant  :-*

Moving right along.... Did you hear the one about the virus that entered the bar?
C