Author Topic: Its a sad day for our country..  (Read 1534 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Its a sad day for our country..
« on: August 25, 2023, 08:32:00 AM »
No matter what side of this you are on, this is a sad day for our country in that we have got to the point (however we got there) that a former president has now had a mug shot taken of him.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Its a sad day for our country..
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 08:44:02 AM »
The mugshot of President Donald Trump has rallied the opposition behind him. And it will give the former president a mandate, should he win the election, to sweep away the rot in our government, without compromise.

Now that Democrats have shown how far they will go, Republicans will feel it necessary to prevent them from ever doing it again.

Note the half-hearted attempts by celebrities and talking heads to claim that Trump is getting what he deserves. They know the Georgia indictment is a joke — that a thousand Democratic politicians, including the prosecutor herself, could just as easily be indicted for the non-crime of claiming that elections have been stolen.

Democrats relished the idea of this moment — for years — before it happened. Yet now that it is a reality, what they should really fear is what Republicans will do in response.

Big changes will be made, and justifiably so. Secret archives will be opened. Mass pardons will be offered. Whole government departments will be dismantled or relocated. There will be no kangaroo courts — none of the perversions Democrats have committed — but the Democrats behind the “Russia collusion” hoax, including Hillary Clinton, should call their lawyers.

There will be no mercy for those who have attacked the rights and values of our constitution and then claimed to be acting in defense of democracy — a democracy they abhor when it provides leaders that do not serve their own corrupt interests.

The indictments of Donald Trump, capped by this final, vindictive effort at humiliation, are an attack on the rule of law and the foundation of our society. On social media, people mentioned the attack on Fort Sumter that launched the Civil War. And the analogy is valid, because there, too, the rebels held the advantage until the nation could regroup, and respond decisively.

Speaking personally, as a Republican voter who is broadly supportive of Trump and his policies, but who might have preferred an alternative, the persecution of Trump suggests there really is no alternative. A vote for Trump is the only way to protest what is going on, and perhaps to overcome it.

And it no longer matters whether this is all part of a clever Democratic plan to ensure that Republican voters nominate a supposedly “unelectable” candidate. It doesn’t even really matter if Trump loses this election. Few Republicans will consider that result credible. And the fight will continue, long after Trump, until the immense wrong of this moment — of six years of torment — has been remedied.

I was fearful of what a Trump mugshot might feel like. Not because of what might mean for the next election, but what it might mean for the country. I feared a sense of degradation. I feared that Democrats would not stop with Trump: the fact that the Georgia indictment — like the parallel federal indictment — criminalizes political speech really does mean they are coming for all of us.

But I found, to my surprise, once I saw the mugshot, that I felt excited, almost elated. Trump’s glowering face did not show pain or shame. It did not even show anger. It was a look of righteous indignation, the glare of a man who may be a prisoner now, but is actually in control. It was the expression he wore a thousand times on episodes of “The Apprentice.” It was how he looked when he said, “You’re Fired.”

They will all be fired, if he wins. And half the country is prepared to do whatever it takes to give him the chance.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/25/blue-state-blues-democrats-beware-the-trump-mugshot-has-rallied-the-opposition/

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 08:55:50 AM »
Or, more likely, the Repubs will do the exact same thing to the next opponent.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 09:36:05 AM »
Or, more likely, the Repubs will do the exact same thing to the next opponent.

You mean like they tried with the previous ones?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 11:28:53 AM »
You mean like they tried with the previous ones?

Basically.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 12:01:36 PM »
Basically.

Yeah.  Can expect the same results I suppose.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2023, 12:49:43 PM »
The mugshot of President Donald Trump has rallied the opposition behind him. And it will give the former president a mandate, should he win the election, to sweep away the rot in our government, without compromise.

Now that Democrats have shown how far they will go, Republicans will feel it necessary to prevent them from ever doing it again.

Note the half-hearted attempts by celebrities and talking heads to claim that Trump is getting what he deserves. They know the Georgia indictment is a joke — that a thousand Democratic politicians, including the prosecutor herself, could just as easily be indicted for the non-crime of claiming that elections have been stolen.

Democrats relished the idea of this moment — for years — before it happened. Yet now that it is a reality, what they should really fear is what Republicans will do in response.

Big changes will be made, and justifiably so. Secret archives will be opened. Mass pardons will be offered. Whole government departments will be dismantled or relocated. There will be no kangaroo courts — none of the perversions Democrats have committed — but the Democrats behind the “Russia collusion” hoax, including Hillary Clinton, should call their lawyers.

There will be no mercy for those who have attacked the rights and values of our constitution and then claimed to be acting in defense of democracy — a democracy they abhor when it provides leaders that do not serve their own corrupt interests.

The indictments of Donald Trump, capped by this final, vindictive effort at humiliation, are an attack on the rule of law and the foundation of our society. On social media, people mentioned the attack on Fort Sumter that launched the Civil War. And the analogy is valid, because there, too, the rebels held the advantage until the nation could regroup, and respond decisively.

Speaking personally, as a Republican voter who is broadly supportive of Trump and his policies, but who might have preferred an alternative, the persecution of Trump suggests there really is no alternative. A vote for Trump is the only way to protest what is going on, and perhaps to overcome it.

And it no longer matters whether this is all part of a clever Democratic plan to ensure that Republican voters nominate a supposedly “unelectable” candidate. It doesn’t even really matter if Trump loses this election. Few Republicans will consider that result credible. And the fight will continue, long after Trump, until the immense wrong of this moment — of six years of torment — has been remedied.

I was fearful of what a Trump mugshot might feel like. Not because of what might mean for the next election, but what it might mean for the country. I feared a sense of degradation. I feared that Democrats would not stop with Trump: the fact that the Georgia indictment — like the parallel federal indictment — criminalizes political speech really does mean they are coming for all of us.

But I found, to my surprise, once I saw the mugshot, that I felt excited, almost elated. Trump’s glowering face did not show pain or shame. It did not even show anger. It was a look of righteous indignation, the glare of a man who may be a prisoner now, but is actually in control. It was the expression he wore a thousand times on episodes of “The Apprentice.” It was how he looked when he said, “You’re Fired.”

They will all be fired, if he wins. And half the country is prepared to do whatever it takes to give him the chance.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/25/blue-state-blues-democrats-beware-the-trump-mugshot-has-rallied-the-opposition/

WTF is going on in American politics ??

All sides need to take a long hard look at themselves.
The Politicos in the job for many years all need to go & all the
establishment - Clear out & start a Fresh - Its Rotten to the Core.

Just as our British Parliament / H O L & establishment
need clearing out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 01:04:56 PM »
Banana Republic.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 01:18:53 PM »
It's a sad day for our country..

..when people try to make excuses for criminals and their crimes against the nation.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 01:43:22 PM »
It's a sad day for our country..

..when people try to make excuses for criminals and their crimes against the nation.

Speaking of criminals

President Joe Biden “lied” at least 16 times about his family’s elaborate business schemes, the House Oversight Committee recounted Thursday.

The committee says Joe Biden lied in five different ways about his family’s foreign business endeavors: 1) That Joe Biden never spoke to his family about their business dealings; 2) His family did not receive $1 million through a third party; 3) Hunter Biden never made money in China; 4) Hunter Biden’s dealings were ethical; 5) and his son did nothing wrong.

Below are the 16 examples.

Joe Biden on not talking to his son about his business dealings:

1) August 28, 2019

Joe Biden: “First of all, I have never discussed with my son, or my brother, or anyone else, anything having to do with their businesses, period. What I will do is the same thing we did in our administration. There will be an absolute wall between the personal and private, and the government. There wasn’t any hint of scandal at all when we were there. And I will impose the same kind of strict, strict rules. That is why I have never talked with my son or my brother, or anyone else in the distant family about their business interests, period.”

2) September 21, 2019

Reporter: “Have you ever spoken to your son about his overseas business dealings?”

Joe Biden: “I’ve never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings.”

3) October 4, 2019

Reporter: “Excuse me. There was a photo of you golfing with your son Hunter and his business partner Devon Archer. Do you stand by your statement that you did not discuss any of your son’s overseas business dealings?”

Joe Biden: “Yes, I stand by that statement.”

4) October 9, 2019

Joe Biden: “I don’t discuss business with my son. I didn’t know that was the case when in fact I found out after the fact. And I don’t discuss things with my son or my family because I don’t want to have any knowledge of any, I don’t want to be accused of well you talk with your son, you talk with your whomever.”

5) October 15, 2019

Joe Biden: “I never discussed a single thing with my son about anything having do with Ukraine. No one has indicated I have. We’ve always kept everything separate.”

6) October 16, 2019

Joe Biden: “I never discussed with my son anything having to do with what was going on in Ukraine. That’s a fact.”

7) October 27, 2019

Joe Biden: “I’ve never discussed my business or their business, my sons and daughters. And I’ve never discussed them because they know where I have to do my job and that’s it.”

8) October 29, 2019

Joe Biden: “I’ve never discussed my son’s business with him.”

9) April 5, 2022

Reporter: “The President has said that he never spoke to his son about his overseas business dealings. Is that still the case?”

Jen Psaki: “Yes.”

10) June 26, 2023

Reporter: “Did you lie about never speaking to Hunter about his business dealings?”

President Biden: “No.”

11) August 9, 2023

Reporter: “There’s this testimony now where one of your son’s former business associates is claiming that you were on speakerphone a lot with them talking business. Is that what?”

President Biden: “I never talked business with anybody, and I knew you’d have a lousy question.”

Joe Biden on his family receiving over $1 million in payments from China through an associate:

12) March 20, 2023

Reporter: “Any reaction to House GOP’s memo about your family’s dealings […] revealing that Hunter Biden’s business associates sent over $1 million to three of your family members?”

President Biden: “That’s not true.”

Joe Biden on Hunter Biden making money from China:

13) October 22, 2020
Joe Biden: “My son has not made money, in terms of thing about, what are you talking about? China. The only guy who made money in China is [President Trump].”

WATCH — “Give Me a Break, Man”: Biden SNAPS at Reporter Asking About Family’s Business Relations in China:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/24/oversight-committee-joe-biden-lied-at-least-16-times-about-family-business/

Joe Biden on his son’s business dealings being ethical:

14) October 22, 2020

Moderator: “There have been questions about the work your son has done in China and for a Ukrainian energy company when you were vice president. In retrospect, was anything about those relationships inappropriate or unethical?”

Joe Biden: “Nothing was unethical.”

Joe Biden on his son doing nothing wrong:

15) October 27, 2019

Joe Biden: “And it turns out, [Hunter] didn’t do a single thing wrong as everybody has investigated.”

16) December 8, 2019

Reporter: “So you think that everything that happened was kosher?”

Joe Biden: “You know that there’s not one single bit of evidence. Not one little, tiny bit to suggest that anything done was wrong.”

WATCH — Biden: Hunter Has “Done Nothing Wrong” and His Situation Impacts My Presidency “by Making Me Feel Proud of Him”:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/24/oversight-committee-joe-biden-lied-at-least-16-times-about-family-business/

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2023, 02:03:13 PM »
No matter what side of this you are on, this is a sad day for our country in that we have got to the point (however we got there) that a former president has now had a mug shot taken of him.

Agreed, wild times for sure.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2023, 02:12:49 PM »
Speaking of criminals

President Joe Biden “lied” at least 16 times about his family’s elaborate business schemes, the House Oversight Committee recounted Thursday.

The committee says Joe Biden lied in five different ways about his family’s foreign business endeavors: 1) That Joe Biden never spoke to his family about their business dealings; 2) His family did not receive $1 million through a third party; 3) Hunter Biden never made money in China; 4) Hunter Biden’s dealings were ethical; 5) and his son did nothing wrong.

Below are the 16 examples.

Joe Biden on not talking to his son about his business dealings:

1) August 28, 2019

Joe Biden: “First of all, I have never discussed with my son, or my brother, or anyone else, anything having to do with their businesses, period. What I will do is the same thing we did in our administration. There will be an absolute wall between the personal and private, and the government. There wasn’t any hint of scandal at all when we were there. And I will impose the same kind of strict, strict rules. That is why I have never talked with my son or my brother, or anyone else in the distant family about their business interests, period.”

2) September 21, 2019

Reporter: “Have you ever spoken to your son about his overseas business dealings?”

Joe Biden: “I’ve never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings.”

3) October 4, 2019

Reporter: “Excuse me. There was a photo of you golfing with your son Hunter and his business partner Devon Archer. Do you stand by your statement that you did not discuss any of your son’s overseas business dealings?”

Joe Biden: “Yes, I stand by that statement.”

4) October 9, 2019

Joe Biden: “I don’t discuss business with my son. I didn’t know that was the case when in fact I found out after the fact. And I don’t discuss things with my son or my family because I don’t want to have any knowledge of any, I don’t want to be accused of well you talk with your son, you talk with your whomever.”

5) October 15, 2019

Joe Biden: “I never discussed a single thing with my son about anything having do with Ukraine. No one has indicated I have. We’ve always kept everything separate.”

6) October 16, 2019

Joe Biden: “I never discussed with my son anything having to do with what was going on in Ukraine. That’s a fact.”

7) October 27, 2019

Joe Biden: “I’ve never discussed my business or their business, my sons and daughters. And I’ve never discussed them because they know where I have to do my job and that’s it.”

8) October 29, 2019

Joe Biden: “I’ve never discussed my son’s business with him.”

9) April 5, 2022

Reporter: “The President has said that he never spoke to his son about his overseas business dealings. Is that still the case?”

Jen Psaki: “Yes.”

10) June 26, 2023

Reporter: “Did you lie about never speaking to Hunter about his business dealings?”

President Biden: “No.”

11) August 9, 2023

Reporter: “There’s this testimony now where one of your son’s former business associates is claiming that you were on speakerphone a lot with them talking business. Is that what?”

President Biden: “I never talked business with anybody, and I knew you’d have a lousy question.”

Joe Biden on his family receiving over $1 million in payments from China through an associate:

12) March 20, 2023

Reporter: “Any reaction to House GOP’s memo about your family’s dealings […] revealing that Hunter Biden’s business associates sent over $1 million to three of your family members?”

President Biden: “That’s not true.”

Joe Biden on Hunter Biden making money from China:

13) October 22, 2020
Joe Biden: “My son has not made money, in terms of thing about, what are you talking about? China. The only guy who made money in China is [President Trump].”

WATCH — “Give Me a Break, Man”: Biden SNAPS at Reporter Asking About Family’s Business Relations in China:

Joe Biden on his son’s business dealings being ethical:

14) October 22, 2020

Moderator: “There have been questions about the work your son has done in China and for a Ukrainian energy company when you were vice president. In retrospect, was anything about those relationships inappropriate or unethical?”

Joe Biden: “Nothing was unethical.”

Joe Biden on his son doing nothing wrong:

15) October 27, 2019

Joe Biden: “And it turns out, [Hunter] didn’t do a single thing wrong as everybody has investigated.”

16) December 8, 2019

Reporter: “So you think that everything that happened was kosher?”

Joe Biden: “You know that there’s not one single bit of evidence. Not one little, tiny bit to suggest that anything done was wrong.”

WATCH — Biden: Hunter Has “Done Nothing Wrong” and His Situation Impacts My Presidency “by Making Me Feel Proud of Him”:

Hahhahaa.   "ok"

How many times did Trumpy lie last night?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2023, 02:24:10 PM »

Hahhahaa.   "ok"

How many times did Trumpy lie last night?

You mean how many times were you told he lied?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2023, 02:46:58 PM »
You mean how many times were you told he lied?

No, the number of times he did lie.

I know you can't understand the difference and probably really believes he does weigh 215lbs,  but the majority of the country doesn't.   :'(

Don't you think it's funny that he didn't share that "report" <-- hahahaha, that he claimed fully exonerated him from this mess with Tucker the other night?  Why would any hold onto to something that proved their innocence?    :D

And why does a billionaire have to use a bail bondsman?  He doesn't have a measly $200K to put up?   ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2023, 02:51:00 PM »
Seriously does any here think he is 215 pounds?

Unless maybe he is mostly hot air lol

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2023, 02:52:34 PM »

Nobody here does.  And if they say they do, they are either blatantly lying or naturally stupid.

And nobody else anywhere else believes it either.   :D

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-says-hes-63-weighs-204121709.html

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2023, 04:05:33 PM »

LOL, a svelte 215 lbs... Maybe he said 250 and they misheard?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2023, 04:13:02 PM »

I thought it was interesting that these stats are obviously not accurate. There is no possibility Trump is 6'3" and 215 lbs. Maybe 315 would have been more accurate. Also he is not blond/strawberry blond. His hair is white, thank goodness he seems to have ceased dying it piss yellow to go with the orange pancake make-up he has been known to wear.

Not having been arrested and booked, I presumed folks are officially measured and weighed. When did the lighting get so good with mug shots and those arrested be allowed to 'pose' for them? All these mug shots of the 19 indicted folks look like no others I've ever seen where the arrested are told to look straight at the camera with almost no expression.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2023, 04:16:36 PM »
Sad day because liberals are fng insane.    Did trump ever do this to Hillary or the deep state for the Russia hoax and lies ? 

Did W do this to gore ? 

Liberals are mentally ill emotionally driven lunatics. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2023, 04:20:17 PM »
Sad day because liberals are fng insane.    Did trump ever do this to Hillary or the deep state for the Russia hoax and lies ? 

Did W do this to gore ? 

1- There are no liberals in those mugshots
2 - Trump tried to do this to Hillary.  Did you forget?  Oh that's right... there was NO EVIDENCE to his claim and it was tossed out of court. 
3 - There was NO election interference, outright fraud (like the Republicans tried this time) or election related CRIMES between Bush and Gore.
4 - How many witnesses gave testimony and evidence against Trumpy that are liberals?  Please count.  I will wait.

You can whine and make excuses all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that this little dumpster fire is all of Trumpy's own making.  No one did this but him.  He is 100% to blame. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2023, 04:23:39 PM »
Or…maybe he’s the one that didn’t say it. Whether he’s 215 or 250 is irrelevant but anything to detract

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2023, 04:23:49 PM »

Did W do this to gore ? 

A disproportionate number definitely are. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2023, 04:27:50 PM »
False.  Comey said Hillary obstructed Justice.    The FBI and CIA did interfered w the election pushing the fake Russia collusion hoax.   They surpassed the hunter biden laptop.    The censored the covid stuff before the election.    That is all fng fact.

1- There are no liberals in those mugshots
2 - Trump tried to do this to Hillary.  Did you forget?  Oh that's right... there was NO EVIDENCE to his claim and it was tossed out of court. 
3 - There was NO election interference, outright fraud (like the Republicans tried this time) or election related CRIMES between Bush and Gore.
4 - How many witnesses gave testimony and evidence against Trumpy that are liberals?  Please count.  I will wait.

You can whine and make excuses all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that this little dumpster fire is all of Trumpy's own making.  No one did this but him.  He is 100% to blame.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2023, 04:28:00 PM »

Did W do this to gore ? 

If he was as much of a "fascist" and an unhinged "dictator" as they said he was, he would've certainly done it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2023, 04:28:58 PM »
If he was as much of a "fascist" and an unhinged "dictator" as they said he was, he would've certainly done it.

Which he never did !    It’s the left who are the communist racist tyrants acting on all emotion and no facts.