Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT - T U F episode 6 discussion  (Read 957 times)

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
SPOILER ALERT - T U F episode 6 discussion
« on: October 23, 2008, 07:47:02 AM »

What did you guys think?

Both guys sucked in their standup - no combinations- no set ups, hardly any power behind those half assed punches they threw at each other. What the hell is a BJJ blackbelt doing standing when he should be attempting to take the fight to the ground?. Delgado had a reach advantage and could have utilized it way better by scoring points off that other idiot.

As for Junie... ::). All that talk and antics but in the end couldn't back it up. Hopefully this will snap him back into reality and force him to focus more on his training and less on trashtalking.

Overall pretty boring fight.

The blackbelt stunt was a little over the top just for the sake of playing mindgames and I'm surprised at Mir for not taking Junie to task for that. I like Mir but he seems to be letting a lot of things go while Nogeira is doing his best to be a professional. Could be the editing. Anybody notice Machida in the background in last weeks weigh ins? The guy doesn't even get a mention. I guess he's just as elusive out of the Octagon  ;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: SPOILER ALERT - T U F episode 6 discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 10:09:35 AM »
Junie's hands looked good, but, for some reason, when he landed a punch, he didn't follow up.

Delgado was a complete powder puff. Who would encourage a guy like that to go into MMA?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 10:23:34 AM »
Junie could have put that dude away so many times it's not even funny.  Delgado had no power and his path of stance was trash plus his hands were below his waist most of the fight.  Even when he was on the ground tryin to get De la riva he looked pretty novice-like, Lol at Mir calling him out on his Blackbelt.
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 11:55:07 AM »
seems to me mir probably has the resources to actually call down to brazil (even if he has to get an interpreter for the phone call) and actually see if this guy did get a black belt

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »
maybe he did get a black belt but a black belt under one guy isnt the same as a black belt under another guy
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 02:56:14 PM »
maybe he did get a black belt but a black belt under one guy isnt the same as a black belt under another guy

Either that or he bought that belt (which is what everybody including Mir was saying).  I know of a Gracie school in Austin (it's actually run by a gracie, I forget which one though) in which they have a scheme similar to Delgado's situation.  I think it's 10 classes for $275 a class and you get your first belt and so on.  My instructor would make fun of some of the guys from that school because alot of them were Delgado-esque. 
Predictions
 40/61