Author Topic: THAT HIT ON TOM BRADY'S KNEE DID NOT LOOK GOOD!!!  (Read 9388 times)

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
Re: THAT HIT ON TOM BRADY'S KNEE DID NOT LOOK GOOD!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 06:12:56 PM »
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady limped off the field after he was hit in the left knee midway through the first quarter of Sunday's 17-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. Yahoo! Sports, citing a team source, said Brady suffered serious ligament damage and will miss the remainder of the regular season

body88

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 07:43:59 PM »
Body88?

Waiting on your 'state of the union' address??

I think its safe to assume that Brady is done for the year. Looking at the video, it looks like an MCL to me. Honestly, the patriots have little to no shot at much more than a playoff birth without Brady. Matt is not Tom, and Tom makes a huge impact on this team. The pats have enough talent to win the east if Cassel plays well, but without Tom I doubt the do much in the playoffs......not because they don't have talent, or great coaching, but because Tom is so freaking clutch. Although, Carolina beat the Chargers, Chicago is beating the colts, and the Jets almost lost to the fins.....so who knows.

Oh well, I will still root for the pats just as hard, and hope they can make something happen. Maybe by the grace of God he will be able to return by week six.....doubt it :-\

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 08:27:57 PM »
too much debating in this thread, brady is done for the year,end of story. they still have enough talent to finish top 2 in they're division

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 10:12:57 PM »
Sickening watching that especially since it was avoidable but I think there could be a silver lining for the Pats. IMO they weren't going far in the playoffs with that defense, that o-line and last year's baggage, despite the inexusably easy schedule the NFL awarded them. In the longer-term i think it better that they flounder now, consider it a rebuilding year and get better draft picks for next year than to fall just a little short as i expected them to. This year's team looks about on par with the team 2 years ago at best, in terms of where it would end up.

They need serious defensive youth and speed across most of the board in addition to help with pass protection and if possible an impact running back.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 12:33:05 AM »
Hate to see a career threatening injury on ANYONE.  But I like my Stillers chances a whole lot more after today.  Jax lost, Dolts looked anemic against the Bares, and the rest of the AFC North looked terrible.  Cincy is the worst team in the AFC.  (Sorry Up, but Flacco aint the savior)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 01:12:12 AM »

Oh well, I will still root for the pats just as hard, and hope they can make something happen. Maybe by the grace of God he will be able to return by week six.....doubt it :-\
true fandom. i think if you guys just make it to the playoffs you'll be a favorite in the afc.  this year is going to be a "Rocky Balboa" type of year for you guys, aged veteran who also is a huge underdog. as much as i dont like the Pats, im not even going to count them out a little. what do they say about an injured animal or whatevers...

although i thought your defense looked a little slow, in contrast to what you posted earlier.
my fins still need a few more years.. ::)

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 04:56:42 AM »
i cant confirm this but a guy at work last night told me he heard hes out for 8 months

sucks to see this happen to someone so great...well to anyone actually but...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 05:26:13 AM »
Why would you be happy to see Brady get hurt? Real fans don't gloat when great players are injured. I know I wouldn't laugh if big Ben was injured. Sour grapes is what I think off when people gloat about HOF players going down.

The hate for Brady comes from his skill, because he is always respectfull of his opponents, and is good friends with many players from rival teams....including Manning.

Wow....haven't been on getbig forever but I figured there would be a thread on this. I bet he is done for the year...as much as I am NOT a NE fan I still don't like to hear of something like this. Don't know why anyone would want to deliberately hurt another player ..especially something as delicate as the knee that could end a career. shamefull. not saying he did it deliberate but if he did he should be gone for good. that aint no way to win.Hopefully he makes it back to 100%

body88

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 06:18:29 AM »
Sickening watching that especially since it was avoidable but I think there could be a silver lining for the Pats. IMO they weren't going far in the playoffs with that defense, that o-line and last year's baggage, despite the inexusably easy schedule the NFL awarded them. In the longer-term i think it better that they flounder now, consider it a rebuilding year and get better draft picks for next year than to fall just a little short as i expected them to. This year's team looks about on par with the team 2 years ago at best, in terms of where it would end up.

They need serious defensive youth and speed across most of the board in addition to help with pass protection and if possible an impact running back.

It was tough to watch, but I am confident he will be back next year ready to go.

Some thoughts on your critique of the pats:

Mayo, Wheatley, Wilhite, Slater, Gutton and Crable are all starting, and played great.  The pats defensive backfield is very young this year. Wheatley and Wilhite are rookies, Meriweather is a second year player, Sanders is a third year player, and Hobbs is only in his fourth year. The only vets out there are Harrison and Delta. The new pats secondary has a ton of speed, thats their biggest asset. Harrison is the only "old" guy back there. I thought Wheatley and Wilhite played awesome yesterday. However, they do need to draft another db, and Rodneys replacement.

The oldest player on the pats defensive line is 28 years old. Bruchi and Vrabel are the only "old" players in the lb core. Thomas is not that old, Alexander is a third year pro, and Mayo and Crable are rookies. The pats defense as a whole is pretty young, imo.

The pats do need a blocking tight end to help with pass protection, but when Neal is in there the line is pretty much all-pro across the board. Neal is hurt, and Watson was out with an injury yesterday. The O-Line is the same line as last year. Three all pros (Mankins, Light and Koppen) and an above average starter in Yates. Since Yates has been hurt the right side of the line has been inconsistent, but that will improve. Nick K and Hochenstein are average at best, so the pats should draft another starter on the ride side of the line. But, as a whole the line is above average imo.

The NFL didn't award them an easy schedule. The schedule was made up in 2002. The NFL uses a formula to makes its schedules years in advance, and only divisional games are decided by your previous record. It looks like the AFC east will be pretty good this year.

Imo the pats need:

Another SS
Blocking tight end
O - line starter to replace Kasczer
4th wr
O-line depth

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 07:12:54 AM »

It was tough to watch, but I am confident he will be back next year ready to go.

Some thoughts on your critique of the pats:

Mayo, Wheatley, Wilhite, Slater, Gutton and Crable are all starting, and played great.  The pats defensive backfield is very young this year. Wheatley and Wilhite are rookies, Meriweather is a second year player, Sanders is a third year player, and Hobbs is only in his fourth year. The only vets out there are Harrison and Delta. The new pats secondary has a ton of speed, thats their biggest asset. Harrison is the only "old" guy back there. I thought Wheatley and Wilhite played awesome yesterday. However, they do need to draft another db, and Rodneys replacement.

The oldest player on the pats defensive line is 28 years old. Bruchi and Vrabel are the only "old" players in the lb core. Thomas is not that old, Alexander is a third year pro, and Mayo and Crable are rookies. The pats defense as a whole is pretty young, imo.

The pats do need a blocking tight end to help with pass protection, but when Neal is in there the line is pretty much all-pro across the board. Neal is hurt, and Watson was out with an injury yesterday. The O-Line is the same line as last year. Three all pros (Mankins, Light and Koppen) and an above average starter in Yates. Since Yates has been hurt the right side of the line has been inconsistent, but that will improve. Nick K and Hochenstein are average at best, so the pats should draft another starter on the ride side of the line. But, as a whole the line is above average imo.

The NFL didn't award them an easy schedule. The schedule was made up in 2002. The NFL uses a formula to makes its schedules years in advance, and only divisional games are decided by your previous record. It looks like the AFC east will be pretty good this year.

Imo the pats need:

Another SS
Blocking tight end
O - line starter to replace Kasczer
4th wr
O-line depth
He'll be back.  He's the best in the business with his head and arm...not his feet.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 09:07:03 AM »
DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT! 

Of course Brady was my 1st pick on my Fantasy team! 

DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT!  DAMMIT! 

>:(

It's all good though,  I still won the first game for sure........72+ points (McFadden tonite)

Body88, you think i should pick up Castle?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 09:38:10 AM »
Whatever they have now, they need more new bodies in there and seasoning of the new guys they have now in order to be great again, so a rebuilding year and better drafts would be in their longer-term interest anyway. I think they fall short with what's there at the end of the year even with Brady, something like what happened 2 years ago.

Casell should be at least solid, maybe better. Coaching means a lot and NE will do that. Farve would've been intriguing but wouldn't have worked, he makes too many mistakes for NE. Simms could be good especially with those coaches.

As far as the weak schedule, the NFL used to put it together based on the previous year's performance, which makes more sense than doing it years in advance.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 09:39:11 AM »
Hate to see a career threatening injury on ANYONE.  But I like my Stillers chances a whole lot more after today.  Jax lost, Dolts looked anemic against the Bares, and the rest of the AFC North looked terrible.  Cincy is the worst team in the AFC.  (Sorry Up, but Flacco aint the savior)

We'll soon see. Still have 15 games to go there, chief. The jury may still be out but he's off to a decent start in my book.

I was just saying that looked very poised out there for his first game. Did not see any deer in the headlights look and he managed the offense well. As soon as the competition steps up, we'll see how he adjusts. The Ravens' 2nd half schedule is brutal.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 09:40:14 AM »
He'll be back.  He's the best in the business with his head and arm...not his feet.

You forgot to mention he's the best in the business at securing grade A pussy. That brazilian chick will suck him back to recovery in no time.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 09:43:40 AM »
You forgot to mention he's the best in the business at securing grade A pussy. That brazilian chick will suck him back to recovery in no time.

Good for him. Unlike guys like Peyton Manning, Brady seems like a genuinely nice guy so it was sad to see him taken out with something vicious like that. I talked to a guy here who chauffeured Peyton, Eli and his dad Archie around town the day before the Superbowl, said Peyton was bitchy the whole time whch doesn't surprise me. Despite the hype i don't think Manning's in Brady's league as a player let alone as a person.

As far as recovery, it's not that hard to figure out. Typically ACL replacement surgery happens a month or so after injury, after the swelling's gone then there's 7-9 months recovery. I want to repeat that i think knee braces should be a given for QBs, the downside in terms of mobility's worth it re: protection except for QBs that have to rely overwhelmingly on running. They have new, lighter ones than what Pastorini used.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »
I can understand people thinking it was a cheap shot but in the guy's defence he was trying to make a play.

body88

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 11:45:27 AM »
Good for him. Unlike guys like Peyton Manning, Brady seems like a genuinely nice guy so it was sad to see him taken out with something vicious like that. I talked to a guy here who chauffeured Peyton, Eli and his dad Archie around town the day before the Superbowl, said Peyton was bitchy the whole time whch doesn't surprise me. Despite the hype i don't think Manning's in Brady's league as a player let alone as a person.

As far as recovery, it's not that hard to figure out. Typically ACL replacement surgery happens a month or so after injury, after the swelling's gone then there's 7-9 months recovery. I want to repeat that i think knee braces should be a given for QBs, the downside in terms of mobility's worth it re: protection except for QBs that have to rely overwhelmingly on running. They have new, lighter ones than what Pastorini used.

I spoke with a cab driver while getting a ride to Barton G in Miami last week, who said that he drove Brady all over the city when he came to visit. Imagine that, a big star like Brady taking a cab around town. Of course the cabbie could have been lying, but he seemed pretty honest.

I have met Brady a few times ( through a Family connection I have with a pats coach), and he is a nice guy. A lot of the people who wish harm on him, would change their mind if they got a few minutes to talk to him. He is one of those people who makes everyone feel like they are really important when you are talking to them. Makes eye contact with you, does not give you the superstar treatment. Also, I live in the Back Bay area of Boston ( where Brady has his townhouse), and he can be seen walking Newbury with Gisele a few times a year....talking with fans, and stopping in to Sonsie for a drink. Pretty cool.

Honestly giving the guy a year off, and getting a few impact starters in the 09 draft could make the pats a defensive Juggernaut again.

body88

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 11:46:22 AM »
I can understand people thinking it was a cheap shot but in the guy's defence he was trying to make a play.

Its all relative. I'm not going to say much, because Wilfork took out Losmen last year in a cheapish play. I'm impressed that Manning has never gotten hurt over his career (up until now Brady was the same way). It sucks to see a megastar go down, and it sucks even worse if you had him for FF!

Injuries are a part of the game.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 11:55:33 AM »
Its all relative. I'm not going to say much, because Wilfork took out Losmen last year in a cheapish play. I'm impressed that Manning has never gotten hurt over his career (up until now Brady was the same way). It sucks to see a megastar go down, and it sucks even worse if you had him for FF!

Injuries are a part of the game.

Dude I was feeling bummed about Osi then you see this :-\

body88

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 12:12:20 PM »
He's out for the season  :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 12:40:23 PM »
Does anyone have a good link to the hit?  The brief replay that I saw didn't look dirty, but I need to see it again. 

Too bad he's out.  Hate to see a great player like him lose a season. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »
Does anyone have a good link to the hit?  The brief replay that I saw didn't look dirty, but I need to see it again. 

Too bad he's out.  Hate to see a great player like him lose a season. 

Me too.  I am not a Pats fan, but I enjoy seeing dominate teams - 90s Bulls, late 90s Yankees..etc.   The Pats fit that category, and I thought they would be easy favorites to win the SB.

The impact this one player has on the entire AFC is pretty huge.  That says something.
Y

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 01:01:44 PM »
Youtube will probably eventually delete this, in which there'll be more on there or go to nfl.com. Looks to me like the defender fell down then deliberately lunged at him, didn't have to go there and NFL players are specifically told not to go for the knees or lower as he did. He could've instead tripped him up or gone for the hips. To send the right message to the league, that guy should be out for the season or as long as Brady's out, whichever's longer.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
Thanks for the link.  That wasn't a hit.  The guy was blocked into the ground then grabbed Brady's legs.  I wouldn't call that a dirty play. 

Anyone know if there is a league rule regarding tackling below the waist? 

body88

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2008, 02:22:43 PM »
Man that video sucks. Why couldn't Sammy Morris hold Pollard down for a second more. Shitty execution on that chop block! Ah well, thats life in the NFL.