Author Topic: Opening Day...One week away!!  (Read 5492 times)

dov

• Getbig IV
Re: Opening Day...One week away!!
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »
I'd would've rather the Tiger's got some decent relief pitching then him. 
Cabrera can def hit a damn baseball...not even a question about that..he will put up BIG #'s at the plate and always will...he's lazy as hell at 3rd base though..I saw that your Tigers finally decided to win a ballgame! 8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2008, 05:00:20 PM »
Cabrera can def hit a damn baseball...not even a question about that..he will put up BIG #'s at the plate and always will...he's lazy as hell at 3rd base though..I saw that your Tigers finally decided to win a ballgame! 8)

No shit.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2008, 05:01:27 PM »
Now don't get me wrong I know Cabrera can hit but they proved they could win without him - they could've kept Inge at 3rd & used the cash for some quality much needed pitching.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2008, 08:17:34 PM »
I'd would've rather the Tiger's got some decent relief pitching then him. 

Cabrera's one of the top 5 hitters in the game at age 24.  The numbers he's put up at ages 21 - 23 are sickening.  It doesn't happen that way.  His only enemy is the burrito.  If he can defeat that, he's an ARod type hitter.
Y

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2008, 01:43:51 AM »
Now don't get me wrong I know Cabrera can hit but they proved they could win without him - they could've kept Inge at 3rd & used the cash for some quality much needed pitching.
what happens with Inge when Granderson returns? Inge is a really good ballplayer and def needs to be in the lineup everyday

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2008, 05:11:50 AM »
what happens with Inge when Granderson returns? Inge is a really good ballplayer and def needs to be in the lineup everyday

Inge will remain the utility player. One possibility is to put him in left field.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2008, 07:17:31 AM »

If by "is a really good baseball player" you mean he totally sucks, then you're right on the money.  Inge is bad.  His OBP the last three years is mid-low/low .300s.  He slugs in the mid/low .400s and slugged UNDER .400 in his last full season.  04-07 were the years he played full time and he approached league average twice, and was way under the other two years.
Y

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2008, 10:24:40 AM »
If by "is a really good baseball player" you mean he totally sucks, then you're right on the money.  Inge is bad.  His OBP the last three years is mid-low/low .300s.  He slugs in the mid/low .400s and slugged UNDER .400 in his last full season.  04-07 were the years he played full time and he approached league average twice, and was way under the other two years.
hitting a baseball is'nt the only criteria for judging a ballplayer 8)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2008, 11:24:11 AM »
hitting a baseball is'nt the only criteria for judging a ballplayer 8)

No, just the most important thing.

Yes, Brandon Inge is a good defender, possibly one of the best in the A.L.  But that defense doesn't prevent enough runs to offset his putrid offense.  Please don't try to make the unquantifiable  "intangibles" argument that most people try to when defending shitty ballplayers.

Brandon Inge is an out machine, has low OPB, SLG, etc.  In his last full season, he k'd 150 times compared to 120 hits.

He's just really bad.  Now, a team with the Tiger's offense should be able to handle someone as bad as Inge, but then Cabrera would have to be put elsewhere.

Y

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »
I'd still take Inge over a lot of other ballplayers...anyways, "Grape" , where r u from..who's ur team?  .....I'd take Inge on the Marlins any day!!!  8)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »
I'd still take Inge over a lot of other ballplayers...anyways, "Grape" , where r u from..who's ur team?  .....I'd take Inge on the Marlins any day!!!  8)

Listen to this combo - I live in Massachusetts and love the Yankees more than any team in history.

I do like baseball in general, though, and try to follow other teams besides these two.  It's good to get other fans' perspectives on things - like yours.

I've always admired the Marlins for their ability to scout talent.  I HATED them after they were dismantled '98, but that was all directed at their owner.  I'm still amazed by the staff they would have if they had an owner who had cash.
Y

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2008, 11:53:07 AM »
Marlins off to a HOT start...chance to sweep the Braves tonite..however, they are facing Smoltz tonite..they can def hit the ball..Jacobs is off to a strong start and Hanley is amazing..I could see this guy winning a MVP in the near future..this stretch is the longest the fish have held a division lead since '04...haha  hope I can say the same in Sept/Oct...I know, I know..... 8)     Anyone follow Josh Hamilton..I hope he stays on track...he almost threw his entire career away..that would have been a shame..he can really play the game ...I don't think the Rangers are coming to south Fla. anytime soon

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2008, 01:40:47 PM »
Marlins off to a HOT start...chance to sweep the Braves tonite..however, they are facing Smoltz tonite..they can def hit the ball..Jacobs is off to a strong start and Hanley is amazing..I could see this guy winning a MVP in the near future..this stretch is the longest the fish have held a division lead since '04...haha  hope I can say the same in Sept/Oct...I know, I know..... 8)     Anyone follow Josh Hamilton..I hope he stays on track...he almost threw his entire career away..that would have been a shame..he can really play the game ...I don't think the Rangers are coming to south Fla. anytime soon

From a Fantasy BB perspective, I have Smoltz, so I'm hoping your team gets shut down.  As far as Hamilton's concerned, I was able to steal him very late in the draft as my fourth OF.  So far, soooooooo good.
Y

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2008, 06:41:04 AM »
Oh well, 2 outta 3 aint bad..we'll take it...the Braves hit the hell out of the ball and the Marlins bats were ice3 cold last night

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2008, 07:19:47 AM »
Inge is the man at third base. He can throw someone out on his knees from third. So what if he'll only hit 230? I actually like Cabrera at first & Inge at third (Tiger's have done it a few times late in the game). I know they've got Gullien.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2008, 10:38:56 AM »
Well, I'm in as much disbelief as anyone about the Marlins HOT start...I know..It's a L O N G season! Hanley signed a deal that will hopefully keep him around for a while..Uggla can hit with anybody but he's a horseshit 2nd baseman..Lets Go MARLINS!!!!! 8)