Author Topic: Giants just cut Plaxico  (Read 2206 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Giants just cut Plaxico
« on: April 03, 2009, 12:45:57 PM »
Damn,that surprised me :o I thought they would wait to see how his trial turned out.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: Giants just cut Plaxico
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 12:47:17 PM »
this is not good. Im disapointed in the gmen

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 12:57:17 PM »
this is not good. Im disapointed in the gmen

x2

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »
Surprising but it looks like this week's court delay was a factor as they didn't want it hanging over them. Then there was an ongoing argument about money. Doesn't seem as though Burress the dolt even figured out the proper degree of contrition for this situation.

Chi-town & Dallas await this knucklehead whenever he finally gets out..

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »
Why are Giants fans so surprised and saddened by this? The day he got arrested was the begining of the end for him.

Plaxico is fucked in legal terms. His ass is going to spend time in jail, no doubt. How can the Giants depend on that? The writing is on the wall. New York is one state you don't want to get caught carrying a gun without a permit. What a genius! ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 01:29:11 PM »
Why are Giants fans so surprised and saddened by this? The day he got arrested was the begining of the end for him.

Neither his situation or value to the team's been as cut-and-dried as you think; there were multiple levels to consider, including some you're unaware of-easy for you now to claim otherwise. Basically they'd have stuck with him if the guy had learned anything in the last few months and had acted in a mature fashion.

According to two people familiar with the team’s thinking, it became increasingly clear to the Giants in the past few weeks that things just weren’t going right at all.

A combination of Burress’ attitude, his agents’ actions, and what had become an increasingly nasty fight over his money led to today’s shocking decision, according to those sources.

“Jerry has said all along that if everything works out and Plax demonstrates he wants to be here with a desire to be part of this thing, (then) yes, we want him back,” said one of the sources. “Well, the fact is that we’ve been given no reason to think things will be any different in the future than they have been in the past.”

The last straw, apparently, was the arbitration hearing on Wednesday at the University of Pennsylvania where representatives from the NFL Players Association began the fight to recoup some of Burress’ lost money. The hearing was over a $1 million payment the Giants withheld from Burress after he shot himself on Nov. 29, and included arguments about future bonuses and escalators which the Giants argued Burress had forfeited due to his actions.

The Giants, according to several team and league sources, made several attempts to settle that grievance and possibly even settle the second grievance - - over his four-week suspension without pay and fine of one week’s salary - - which is scheduled to be heard by an arbitrator in June. But Burress and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have rejected all settlement attempts.

“Ultimately, Plax’s attitude is: I don’t owe them, they owe me,” one source said.

The Giants had begun to sense that attitude - - and lack of remorse - - almost from the moment they learned that Burress had shot himself in the thigh on Nov. 29. He wasn’t immediately forthcoming with them on his condition and details of the incident. And he didn’t exactly express what team officials believed was a sincere sorrow for what happened when he finally met with him a week later to announce his suspension from the team.

Burress, 31, then essentially disappeared and only maintained sporadic contact with the team at the beginning of the offseason - - which has been normal for him since he signed with the team on March 17, 2005. But the tranquility was disrupted in February when the Giants learned of an e-mail Rosenhaus sent to each of the other 31 NFL teams informing them that Burress could be available in a trade.

The Giants interpreted that as a sign that “Plax does not want to be here,” one source said. The source added “That sentiment … has been expressed consistently in the ensuing months.”

So the decision was made not to wait out the arbitration decision - - which is due by Wednesday - - and not to wait for a resolution of Burress’ legal situation (he’s due back in court June 15). The Giants simply decided that no matter what the resolutions of those two cases were, Burress’ attitude was still the same as always. He didn’t want to be with the Giants, he wasn’t sorry for his actions, and there was no sign that he’d suddenly become a team player willing to follow team rules.

So Assistant GM Kevin Abrams called Rosenhaus today and informed him of what appeared to be a stunning reversal by the Giants, but in truth wasn’t that dramatic of a change at all.

“There has been no sudden change (in the situation),” the source said. “It’s been more of the same, and that wasn’t going to be good enough.”

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
It is cut and dry. You carry a concealed weapon in the state of NY, Bloomburg will see to it your ass is doing a mandatory 3-5 years. The Giants were not going to immediatley cut him knowing this. It would have been a knee-jerk reaction and publicly frowned upon.

My opinion is the the Giants never gave any real indication that they were sticking by Buress to begin with. The probably knew all along that they were going to release him once they became aware of the severity of the charges facing him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 04:10:56 PM »
He won't be unemployed for long.  Jones and Snyder are probably already on the phone with his agent. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »
He won't be unemployed for long.  Jones and Snyder are probably already on the phone with his agent. 

No one will sign him to a contract if he's doing a mandatory 3-5 years in the slammer. He'll be too old by then.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 05:09:29 PM »
No one will sign him to a contract if he's doing a mandatory 3-5 years in the slammer. He'll be too old by then.

You underestimate the Dallas Cowboys.   :D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 05:32:51 PM »
It is cut and dry. You carry a concealed weapon in the state of NY, Bloomburg will see to it your ass is doing a mandatory 3-5 years. The Giants were not going to immediatley cut him knowing this. It would have been a knee-jerk reaction and publicly frowned upon.

My opinion is the the Giants never gave any real indication that they were sticking by Buress to begin with. The probably knew all along that they were going to release him once they became aware of the severity of the charges facing him.

No, it's not cut and dry. It's cut and dry only on the law, and even there the length of the sentence isn't clear at all. The law is only part of the equation here. There are many other variables, which is why the giants didn't absolutely agree with your conclusion until this week.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 05:34:54 PM »
2010 season:

Vic throwing to Burress and Stallworth in Oakland.
;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 08:32:15 PM »
2010 season:

Vic throwing to Burress and Stallworth in Oakland.
;D
heheheheheheheheheh

There it is!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 01:19:27 AM »
You underestimate the Dallas Cowboys.   :D
bite your damn tongue beach...

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 07:46:33 AM »
I'm glad this idiot got caught.  Athletes need to realize they are not above the law and that they should lose their job for stupid actions, like most other people.  Burress is just another idiot who thinks he is entitled the world because he can catch a ball. 
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 10:51:17 AM »
bite your damn tongue beach...

:)  I'm probably the most extreme Cowboy here.  My hatred is so extreme I refuse to draft Cowboy players in FF.   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »
:)  I'm probably the most extreme Cowboy here.  My hatred is so extreme I refuse to draft Cowboy players in FF.   :)

Come on now.  It's 1993 or something, and you have 1st pick, you wouldn't have picked Emmit Smith?   ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 06:42:11 PM »
LOL your only hurting yourself, barber, jones, whitten, romo these guys where solid performers

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 09:49:09 PM »
Come on now.  It's 1993 or something, and you have 1st pick, you wouldn't have picked Emmit Smith?   ;D

Nope.  Barry Sanders.   :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 09:51:44 PM »
LOL your only hurting yourself, barber, jones, whitten, romo these guys where solid performers

Not at all.  I make the playoffs pretty much every year.  Won three championships.  Hasn't hurt me one bit. 

My rationale is I play the game for fun and having to root for the Cowboys would eliminate the fun element.  Only Cowboy I cheer for is Matt McBriar.  Not only is he a stud but the more he is on the field the better.   :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 03:35:33 PM »
all these years later he is still "Plexiglass"

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 08:57:44 PM »
Not at all.  I make the playoffs pretty much every year.  Won three championships.  Hasn't hurt me one bit. 

My rationale is I play the game for fun and having to root for the Cowboys would eliminate the fun element.  Only Cowboy I cheer for is Matt McBriar.  Not only is he a stud but the more he is on the field the better.   :)
i can understand that, i always have to cheer for the guy to do good but for the team they are playing against to win if that makes sense.