Author Topic: Palin "Middle Class"?? yeahhhhhhh rightttt  (Read 721 times)

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
Palin "Middle Class"?? yeahhhhhhh rightttt
« on: October 06, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
Their Net worth is 1.2 million.

Own a 500,000 water front home in Wasilla.
Own their own plane.
Own 2 vacation rental propertys.

Last year they made over 200,000.

Avg home in Alaska Makes 60,000 a year for a married couple.

Is that middle Class? 

The Coach

Re: Palin "Middle Class"?? yeahhhhhhh rightttt
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 10:24:04 AM »
I heard they made $166,000. Even if your right, it's upper middle. They've been married for something like 25 years, they should have something to show. Big deal. Obama made over $4 mil last year. Whats your point?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:37:18 AM »
Their Net worth is 1.2 million.

Own a 500,000 water front home in Wasilla.
Own their own plane.
Own 2 vacation rental propertys.

Last year they made over 200,000.

Avg home in Alaska Makes 60,000 a year for a married couple.

Is that middle Class? 

The plane is not like one of those Lear Jets or etc.  Its a Piper PA-18 which really is nothing more than 2 seats, an engine and wings. Very inexpensive.

Other than that, I would consider them upper middle class as having a  a net worth of 1 million doesn't qualify you to be called rich or wealthy
A

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »
I heard they made $166,000. Even if your right, it's upper middle. They've been married for something like 25 years, they should have something to show. Big deal. Obama made over $4 mil last year. Whats your point?

Obama is a Harvard law School Grad, His Wife is a Harvard law School grad wrote a book that sold MILLIONS. Both were practicing attorneys for a decade...

They have 5 kids How many people do you know that have 5 kids that can make ends meet??? They can afford a 500k water front house, a plane and 2 vacation homes?  I have friends of mine who are MD's and they cant afford that.

The plane isnt a lear Jet or anything, but its still not cheap.

Upper Middle maybe in Florida, but in ALASKA where the avg person makes 30k a year? Its not how much you make, its how much you make in comparison to the cost of living.  they are considered in the "Rich" in Alaska....

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 04:03:03 PM »
Obama is a Harvard law School Grad, His Wife is a Harvard law School grad wrote a book that sold MILLIONS. Both were practicing attorneys for a decade...

They have 5 kids How many people do you know that have 5 kids that can make ends meet??? They can afford a 500k water front house, a plane and 2 vacation homes?  I have friends of mine who are MD's and they cant afford that.

The plane isnt a lear Jet or anything, but its still not cheap.

Upper Middle maybe in Florida, but in ALASKA where the avg person makes 30k a year? Its not how much you make, its how much you make in comparison to the cost of living.  they are considered in the "Rich" in Alaska....

I've known quite a few families with five kids that made ends meet. It's called living within your means, dude.

I will never fault anyone for financial success. It's what they do with the money that counts.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 04:24:59 PM »

Palin called herself middle class the other night.

People who earn 200,000 are not middle class, they're upper middle class.

Big difference.  Middle class is 40 to 60k.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
how do you feel about Palin saying she's a progressive? LOL

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 04:38:57 PM »

She just might be at that! I couldn't think of a better saboteur of a possible McCain presidency, ...can you?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 04:41:48 PM »

LMAO... I heard her say that today. 

Hugo, I think it's safe to say the majority of Americans are not as gullible as we may have believed.

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »
This happens every election, the candidates on both sides are criticized for having too much money.  Most people don't make it to that level and obtain those types of connections, unless they have achieved a high level of success.  McCain has money, Obama has money, Biden has money, and Palin has money............if a poor person ran for office they'd be criticized for being lazy, uneducated, bad with money, etc.

Busted

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »
I've known quite a few families with five kids that made ends meet. It's called living within your means, dude.

I will never fault anyone for financial success. It's what they do with the money that counts.

I am not faulting her and her husband for what they have... but then they go on and on about they are "middle class" and have a net worth more than Joe Bidens?  They are NOT middle class... they make 8x what their "neighbors" make...

How many "hockey moms" whos husbands are part time fisherman / snow mobile racers are worth over a million?  THAT with having the expense of raising 5 children...

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 07:36:04 PM »
I am not faulting her and her husband for what they have... but then they go on and on about they are "middle class" and have a net worth more than Joe Bidens?  They are NOT middle class... they make 8x what their "neighbors" make...

How many "hockey moms" whos husbands are part time fisherman / snow mobile racers are worth over a million?  THAT with having the expense of raising 5 children...

I'll agree with you they aren't middle class. I wouldn't call them "upper" middle class - they're rich.

But listening to politicians fight over crap like this is like listening to two gays argue over which one is the bigger queen.

I don't know the full story on Palin background though... not that I care. Was she always rich?