Author Topic: McDonald's is pure garbage.  (Read 69181 times)

milone79

• Getbig IV
Re: McDonald's is pure garbage.
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2018, 05:45:22 AM »
Coffee is the only thing worth getting there. Nasty food and everything tastes the same as the next thing on the menu.

this!!! anyone in 2018 who still eats that garbage is a brain dead retard!!

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »
mcdonalds brings back amazing memories for me

if i am not on a diet, on a road trip - you better believe i will get some fries, burgers and nuggets

its not high end food - so $5.00 what do you expect?

MCD love it

It literally is the cheapest chain restaurant in America, possibly the world. Other chains have value menus, but none are as extensive and once you compare higher end items across brands, McDonalds is far cheaper. It tastes exactly like what you'd expect something battling for market dominance at that price point to taste like. Maybe even a little better.  :-\ Of course  it doesn't taste gourmet or comparable to smash burger. It's not supposed to.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »
As distasteful as McDonald's is--if given the choice, I'd rather eat there than at Burger King.  Who even eats at Burger King anymore?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2018, 08:58:51 PM »
It literally is the cheapest chain restaurant in America, possibly the world. Other chains have value menus, but none are as extensive and once you compare higher end items across brands, McDonalds is far cheaper. It tastes exactly like what you'd expect something battling for market dominance at that price point to taste like. Maybe even a little better.  :-\ Of course  it doesn't taste gourmet or comparable to smash burger. It's not supposed to.

exactly.

MCD fries, simple burger on a road trip is great, getting Mcd  big breakfast after being hung over in some random ass downtown - count me in.

plus being from Chicago, it is a home town comapny that paid for entire youth football, baseball, jesse white tumblers (its a black thing) and so much more.  they give a shit ton of money to charity.

again... you get what you pay with everything!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2018, 10:03:18 PM »
Immigrants, poor people with coupons, tourists from other states and the mentally ill who talk to themselves over the same cup of coffee 10-12 hours a day.

Hey now let's not get personal. They have free wifi for Getbig.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2018, 10:44:51 PM »

Mcdonalds is actually considered expensive compared to other places in ny.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2018, 10:48:25 PM »

You need to try El Pollo Loco. They can match the price point/value and it is fresh food.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2018, 11:04:29 PM »
My boss bought a bunch of McDonald's for us yesterday.  I haven't had it in years, and now I remember why.  Absolute shit!  Tastes like shit, and is full of chemicals and preservatives.  How they're still in business is beyond me.  Is it even real food?   ???

Your statements are false except for your impression.

Either something is food or it is not. I doubt anyone normal would ingest 'absolute shit!'

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2018, 11:11:04 PM »
exactly.

MCD fries, simple burger on a road trip is great, getting Mcd  big breakfast after being hung over in some random ass downtown - count me in.

plus being from Chicago, it is a home town comapny that paid for entire youth football, baseball, jesse white tumblers (its a black thing) and so much more.  they give a shit ton of money to charity.

again... you get what you pay with everything!

With 2 or more hours to drive and I'm hungry, a small order of McD fries gets me there.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2018, 11:28:38 PM »
Love McDonald's! Eat there several times a week. No matter which one I go to it's always clean and well kept -- including the bathrooms. I use the app, which a previous poster mentioned. Just tap it in and pay on my way over there and it's ready to go when I'm there. And there is always a deal on the things I would order anyway. Yesterday, I got a Big Mac for a dollar and I ordered a regular burger which I use to take out the patty and add it to the Big Mac and dump the extra bread. That and an order of fries for under five dollars. Did the same thing the day before except it was the Quarter Pounder with cheese for a dollar before adding the extra beef patty and a bag of fries again for under five dollars.

McDonald's is the king of fast food and has their shit down to a science and always trying to improve and innovate as the industry is so competitive and cutthroat.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2018, 12:04:26 AM »
Love McDonald's! Eat there several times a week. No matter which one I go to it's always clean and well kept -- including the bathrooms. I use the app, which a previous poster mentioned. Just tap it in and pay on my way over there and it's ready to go when I'm there. And there is always a deal on the things I would order anyway. Yesterday, I got a Big Mac for a dollar and I ordered a regular burger which I use to take out the patty and add it to the Big Mac and dump the extra bread. That and an order of fries for under five dollars. Did the same thing the day before except it was the Quarter Pounder with cheese for a dollar before adding the extra beef patty and a bag of fries again for under five dollars.

McDonald's is the king of fast food and has their shit down to a science and always trying to improve and innovate as the industry is so competitive and cutthroat.

McDonalds has hundreds of outlets in Australia. They used to be cheap meal deals but no more. Over $10 for a meal here. Au dollars of course. I go occasionally to Hungry Jacks which was formerly Burger King. Better deal there plus they give a free refill on drinks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2018, 12:11:05 AM »
My boss bought a bunch of McDonald's for us yesterday.  I haven't had it in years, and now I remember why.  Absolute shit!  Tastes like shit, and is full of chemicals and preservatives.  How they're still in business is beyond me.  Is it even real food?   ???

It's a guilty pleasure, but their French fries are very good if you eat them quickly while they're still very hot. Same for their deep fried crispy hash-browns which are only available during breakfast serving hours.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2018, 12:15:43 AM »
McDonalds has hundreds of outlets in Australia. They used to be cheap meal deals but no more. Over $10 for a meal here. Au dollars of course. I go occasionally to Hungry Jacks which was formerly Burger King. Better deal there plus they give a free refill on drinks.

You got to hit up the value deals, brah! Double cheeseburgers for $2.50. And, like I said, I get the app so they always have all their burgers (Big Mac, Quarter pounders) except the signature burgers for just a buck. Big Mac for a buck! Who's going to beat that? And when you grow up in a family of nine you can't be picky about your food. As a kid, MCD was fine eating and we would get dressed up (which means a button shirt and shoes) when the family went out to dinner at McDonald's.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2018, 01:49:20 AM »
Normally I only visit MD when I need to take a piss...

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2018, 01:59:39 AM »
As distasteful as McDonald's is--if given the choice, I'd rather eat there than at Burger King.  Who even eats at Burger King anymore?

Me!  B u r g e r King flame boiled is better than In-n-Out and other $10-$15 per burger hippy bullshit in California.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2018, 02:14:11 AM »
You got to hit up the value deals, brah! Double cheeseburgers for $2.50. And, like I said, I get the app so they always have all their burgers (Big Mac, Quarter pounders) except the signature burgers for just a buck. Big Mac for a buck! Who's going to beat that? And when you grow up in a family of nine you can't be picky about your food. As a kid, MCD was fine eating and we would get dressed up (which means a button shirt and shoes) when the family went out to dinner at McDonald's.

Years ago I came up with a thought experiment about so called junk food or fast food. The idea was to have a setup of several fast food outlets all joined together and have a bunch of guys living in a residence and they can eat only what is on the menus there. McDonalds, KFC and perhaps Pizza Hut. You can add others here.
There would be gym equipment for the guys to train on. There would be a large cash prize for the guy who gained the most muscle over say a three month period. Sort of like a reality TV show. The guys would be strictly monitored and tested for banned substances. No supplements or external food could be used.

My prediction is that everyone would gain muscle and be healthy. Well, unless some knucklehead ate only fries and coke! What amuses me is that many meals served at home are not as nutritious as most meals at those fast food places.

The idiot who ate only McDonalds and upsized things and stopped exercising wouldn't be that healthy. So disregard that silly 'experiment'.

Clearly fast food is not junk. The closest food that is are mushrooms. They have almost no nutritional value. Hamburgers are nutritious and people can probably survive on them.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2018, 02:15:16 AM »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paxtonholley/542738466

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2018, 03:53:19 AM »
As distasteful as McDonald's is--if given the choice, I'd rather eat there than at Burger King.  Who even eats at Burger King anymore?

I'll take a whopper over a Big Mac most days.  They're both good though, I love fast food 1-2x a month

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2018, 08:33:42 AM »
Mcdonalds in London is shit, best I ever had was in Berlin but that was 20 years ago with all the filthy migrant scum there now its probably diabolical.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2018, 08:44:38 AM »
The real outrage - no more "super-size" options  anywhere  ::)

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2018, 08:51:16 AM »

Seriously, i can get better cheaper food from an average taqueria or dim sum spot in Brooklyn or queens somewhere

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2018, 10:08:10 AM »
No it isn't.  You can get 2 cheeseburgers, small fries, a large drink and an apple pie for $5-6. It definitely is not considered expensive. But even if you're comparing the type of meals that posters here are more likely to get (like big mac / quarter pounder type stuff) , you're only going to find cheaper stuff in the outer boroughs. Comparable chain places like Wendy's, Burger King, etc are all more expensive across boroughs. There aren't that many BKs in manhattan, but there's one on the same block as my apartment building . I almost never go to it(mainly because I am not eating much red meat these days, not because of its poor getbig reputation), but they had this thing called a farm burger or something like that a few months ago that I tried out. It was one of their premium burgers, but it was about $9. Just for the burger- no fries or drink. I remember the price because i was surprised a place like bk would have an item at that price point. McDonalds doesn't have any singular item in that price range.

Also, there is an arbys a few blocks away from me. Now let me tell you something: I love arbys. I grew up in a part of the country that had a lot of arbys, and in the time I've lived in NYC, we have had some bad luck with them. When the first arbys returned to the city 4 years ago  and it opened up so close to where I live, I felt like the universe was smiling on me. It was around the time I was first cutting down on red meat, but I made special exceptions for arbys. I'm a fan. That being said, from an objective standpoint, it's even shittier than mcdonalds, yet it's somehow much more expensive.
Two regular sandwiches and small fries comes out to more than $10 in nyc. It's actually something that they have the balls to charge that amount of money for pressed meat in this day and age. Nevertheless, I rarely get basic sandwiches when I go there and usually get something more calorie dense and I am always surprised by how much I end up paying. Part of that is because arbys was known as value food when I was growing up.

And those are the more reasonable prices. From there, in nyc, prices just go up. Luckily, the food tends to get much better, but you arent  really going to find cheaper stuff than mcdonalds in nyc. At least, it won't be easy to find.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2018, 11:37:17 AM »
Normally I only visit MD when I need to take a piss...

Yes, McDonald's restaurants are everywhere so they make an excellent pit stop.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2018, 04:58:19 PM »
Yes, McDonald's restaurants are everywhere so they make an excellent pit stop.

Had no idea you had a drinking problem.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2018, 05:27:42 PM »
McDonald’s is garbage... and in other news, water is wet.