Author Topic: I have some thoughts on slavery.  (Read 23956 times)

MikMaq

Re: I have some thoughts on slavery.
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2012, 08:53:27 AM »
Hes only a few hundred years(give or take) to late.  Must be the Ass Burgers. Hell be inventing the airplane in a couple of decades.

I don't follow.

IF you know anything about history, slavery serfdom, subjigation, etc were the norm.

The semi premise is that if this was normal everywhere why does america get a bad rap.

Your theory was that it simply wasn`t that bad.

The reality is you people are simply shit at understanding history.

Things were really that bad in so many ways in the past that it wasn`t fit. Your teeth would fall out, your wifes girl was ruined after her first kid. You lost many kids in your life. You often died by 40. The list goes on.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2012, 08:54:15 AM »
Ratard seems to be in the wrong century

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2012, 08:55:24 AM »
IF you know anything about history, slavery serfdom, subjigation, etc were the norm.

The semi premise is that if this was normal everywhere why does america get a bad rap.

Your theory was that it simply wasn`t that bad.

The reality is you people are simply shit at understanding history.

Things were really that bad in so many ways in the past that it wasn`t fit. Your teeth would fall out, your wifes girl was ruined after her first kid. You lost many kids in your life. You often died by 40. The list goes on.

I didn't put any theory forward.  I commented on Vince's post.
A

MikMaq

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2012, 08:56:06 AM »
you are soooo fucken dumb seriously, stupid.

Listen the world was not reformed, these where the days of conquest you retard, half the world still had the laws of "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" every nation had mandatory battlefield participation you dumbass and you are complaining about how wrong slavery was.

Slavery was the lesser of all the evils in those days, wake up you dumb fuck.
Here all you need to consider to know your completely full of shit.

In history minorities have always been treated like complete utter shit.

All you have to do is answer one key fucking question.

Would any(alright that means most for you adonis) fucking white folk back in 1800, choose to be a fucking slave(with random slave owners).

The answer is fucking no, unless the white folk were in dire straits.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2012, 08:58:29 AM »
Interesting topic

Personally i dont think that we can justify the slavery in America soely on the basis of the slavery in Africa. Only because im not sure we the 2 definitions of slavery compare. I just dont know.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »
Shitty landlords, don`t go around raping their tenants.

And yeah actually tons of land owners today are very bad people.

Bad people always exist. Society is always at odds with them, the problem with slavery was that it was an institution that the united states government did little about.
Sally Hemmings would not have called it rape.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 08:59:23 AM »
Hes only a few hundred years(give or take) to late.  Must be the Ass Burgers. Hell be inventing the airplane in a couple of decades.

I don't follow.
ROFLMAO!!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2012, 09:01:08 AM »

Would any(alright that means most for you adonis) fucking white folk back in 1800, choose to be a fucking slave(with random slave owners).

Many White Folk were slaves.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2012, 09:01:22 AM »
Shitty landlords, don`t go around raping their tenants.

And yeah actually tons of land owners today are very bad people.

Bad people always exist. Society is always at odds with them, the problem with slavery was that it was an institution that the united states government did little about.
that is what I meant about the culture gap. Women were not treated as equals back then. If a man wanted to have sex with a woman, he would. "Rape" in its modern context, didnt exist.

MikMaq

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »
Interesting topic

Personally i dont think that we can justify the slavery in America soely on the basis of the slavery in Africa. Only because im not sure we the 2 definitions of slavery compare. I just dont know.
Slavery is always a bad fucking thing.

Just because bad thing happens in many places does not make bad thing not bad.

MikMaq

« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »

Any one from any nation on the planet would not want to be labbled as a slave in there own land. Sorry bro but  beggars can't be choosers and like Vince's post said coming from Africa to America was a relief and the lesser of 2 evils. There was not much freedom for anyone back then slave or no slave. In many cases the slaves had it way better then many white families as the laws protected them, they had to be fed and sheltered properly and many white families were starving to death

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2012, 09:07:09 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2012, 09:07:58 AM »
"John Brown's effort was peculiar. It was not a slave insurrection. It was an attempt by white men to get up a revolt among slaves, in which the slaves refused to participate."
Abraham Lincoln--February 27, 1860

MikMaq

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2012, 09:08:15 AM »
Any one from any nation on the planet would not want to be labbled as a slave in there own land. Sorry bro but  beggars can't be choosers and like Vince's post said coming from Africa to America was a relief and the lesser of 2 evils. There was not much freedom for anyone back then slave or no slave. In many cases the slaves had it way better then many white families as the laws protected them, they had to be fed and sheltered properly and many white families were starving to death
So is your argument its better to be a slave in america than african.

Is that what your trying to say.

Thats like saying it`s better to rape a girl than to rape and kill her.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2012, 09:08:54 AM »
"People at the North are disposed to be incredulous when they hear of white slaves at the South: and yet a little reflection would convince them not only that there must be such slaves under the present system, but that in process of time a large proportion of the slaves must be as white as their masters."

B William Jay, Miscellaneous Writings on Slavery (1853)

MikMaq

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »
"John Brown's effort was peculiar. It was not a slave insurrection. It was an attempt by white men to get up a revolt among slaves, in which the slaves refused to participate."
Abraham Lincoln--February 27, 1860
Yeah because they had no desire to get killed.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2012, 09:09:38 AM »

On January 30, 1864, Harper’s Weekly printed an engraving of a photograph, entitled “Emancipated Slaves, White and Colored,” depicting three adults and five children who had been brought north from Louisiana by Colonel George H. Hanks and set free by Major General Nathaniel P. Banks. The group made a series of public appearances and were photographed as part of a campaign to raise funds for public schools for freed slaves, the first of which was established by Major General Banks in October 1863. The hope was, writes Kathleen Collins in “Portraits of Slave Children,” that “these enigmatic portraits of Caucasian-featured children” would galvanize “Northern benefactors to contribute to the future of a race to which these children found themselves arbitrarily confined” (207). The “white slaves” depicted in the engraving were described by the editor of Harper’s as being “as white, as intelligent, as docile, as most of our own children” (66).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2012, 09:11:20 AM »

MikMaq

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »

On January 30, 1864, Harper’s Weekly printed an engraving of a photograph, entitled “Emancipated Slaves, White and Colored,” depicting three adults and five children who had been brought north from Louisiana by Colonel George H. Hanks and set free by Major General Nathaniel P. Banks. The group made a series of public appearances and were photographed as part of a campaign to raise funds for public schools for freed slaves, the first of which was established by Major General Banks in October 1863. The hope was, writes Kathleen Collins in “Portraits of Slave Children,” that “these enigmatic portraits of Caucasian-featured children” would galvanize “Northern benefactors to contribute to the future of a race to which these children found themselves arbitrarily confined” (207). The “white slaves” depicted in the engraving were described by the editor of Harper’s as being “as white, as intelligent, as docile, as most of our own children” (66).
Congrats your country has white slaves.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/nchist-antebellum/5431

A petition to free a white slave

Petition of Gurdon Deming to the North Carolina General Assembly, December 1800. Records of the General Assembly, Session Records, North Carolina Division of Archives and History.

To the Honorable the General Assembly of the State of North Carolina.
The Petition of Gurdon Deming a citizen of the county of Cumberland Humbly sheweth, that he is the owner of a Certain woman named Lucy and her child Laura Who were represented to be slaves and as such purchased by your petitioner –
That he has reason to believe and doth believe from diligent inquires made, that the Said Lucy ought not to be held in bondage. Your petitioner is aware that legal proof cannot be made of the fact, yet your petitioner is fully satisfied, that the Said Lucy is the daughter of a free white Woman – that to conceal this circumstance, so as to protect the reputation of the real mother, Lucy at her birth was placed in charge of a woman slave of one John Selph – Your petitioner learns from a number of the most respectable citizens of Fayetteville, that it was always the intention of Mr. Selph to manumit the Said Lucy at his death – but the death of Mr. Selph being sudden and his estate providing insolvent, his intentions were frustrated – Lucy was sold by his administrator and she was purchased at a mere nominal Sum by Several Gentlemen with the View to Carry out the wishes of Mr. Selph; Owing however to the insolvency of the person delegated to bid her off, occurring soon after, She was again Sold and has subsequently fallen with into the hands of your petitioner –
The History of Lucy is a romantic one, and if your petitioner could detail it without giving offense and bringing to light, what has long been forgotten and thereby do injury perhaps to persons now residents of a distant state, he is certain your honorable body would not hesitate a moment in assisting him in doing simple justice to this injured Girl, by authorizing her immediate Emancipation –
Lucy in colour is perfectly White, and cannot be distinguished from the purest of the race, her associations have been distinct from the coloured population, and her whole demeanor that of the whites to which class she evidently belongs.
In consideration of these things your petitioner humbly prays your honorable body to pass a law authorizing the Emancipation of the Said Lucy, and her child Laura, And as in duty bound, your petitioner will ever pray.
Gurdon Deming
Next: Black codes

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2012, 09:12:24 AM »
Slavery is always a bad fucking thing.

Just because bad thing happens in many places does not make bad thing not bad.

shows how much you know about history, fucken ZERO, slavery is brilliant under certain circumstances and very necessary.

The Persians lost to Alexander the great cause they abolished slavery. Many nations have been obliterated because of the lack of slave control and the strongest nations that emerged in the 20th centuries where the one that controlled their slavery properly. Slavery is very necessary and the nations that did not understand this have paid the price and some do not even exist today.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »
Sure it was an aweful period in American history, but was it out of the ordinary?  Civilizations have had slaves since the dawn of man (usually through the spoils of war). Even Africa actively participated in enslaving, and selling they're own people.  Isn't paying an illegal alien chump change, modern day slavery?  Sure most slaves were brought to America against thier will, but you should blame the ruling African elite of that time for profiting off of they're own people.  

I end this with a question:  Shouldn't African Americans point at least some of the blame on the people who allowed, and profited on the slave trade?
africans tribes sold other africans tribes to whites and muslims...muslims are actually the biggest slave owners ever, far more than the few european whiteys ever were, and it is still going on as we speak.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2012, 09:12:58 AM »
While Whites Languished in Chains Blacks Were Free Men in Virginia Throughout the 17th Century.[48]
A Documentary History of Slavery in North America, Willie Lee Rose, p.  15; Free Negro in Virginia, John Henderson Russell, 1619‑1865, p. 233ff; Who Built America?, Bruce Levine, et al., Vol. 1, p. 52.

In 1717, it was proposed that a qualification for election to the South Carolina Assembly was to be, "the ownership of one white man." [49]
[49] Journals of the Commons House of Assembly of the Province of South Carolina: 1692‑1775, Vol. 5, pp. 294‑295.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »
"When I was a boy, 'recalled Waters McIntosh, who had been a slave in Sumter, South Carolina, 'we used to sing, 'Rather be a N I G G E R than a poor White Man,' Even in slavery we used to sing that.' Mr. McIntosh's remarks reveal...that the poor whites of the South ranked below blacks in social standing...slaves felt unbridled contempt for lower‑class whites...Frederick Douglas opened his famous Life and Times with an account of Talbot County, Maryland, which he said housed a 'White population of the lowest order..