Author Topic: This is not going to end well.... Loaded guns to be carried on July 4 march  (Read 1572 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Loaded guns to be carried on July 4 march on Washington

It was announced Sunday that over 900 gun enthusiasts have RSVPed for a July 4 march on Washington, D.C. where the protestors plan to carry loaded rifles.

While it is against the law to openly carry a gun in D.C., libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, the organizer of the event, said the march is an act of "civil disobedience" that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event's Facebook page is describing the planned march as nonviolent, “unless the government chooses to make it violent":

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

There is only a guess as to whether or not the march will even take place, as Kokesh has said he wants 10,000 RSVPs to make it happen, and it may be that he thinks there will be strength in numbers. With the NRA pushing for a "stand and fight" response from its members this weekend, Kokesh may end up getting his troops.

Many people feel that brandishing a loaded firearm is a recipe for disaster. It has been done before. On August 17, 2012, thirty gun-toting activists stormed a public library in Virginia, scaring adults and children.

They were protesting the library's concealed carry policy. One sentence sparked the ire of the Virginia Citizens Defense League:

“Carrying concealed weapons is prohibited, except as permitted by law.”

On March 28 of this year, several men carrying assault rifles and hand-guns crashed an event being held by a chapter of Moms Demand Action. The rally was for citizens in favor of limiting the availability of military style weapons and universal background checks.

Luckily, no one was hurt as a result of these protests, but that is not to say the outcome of a protest with thousands of people carrying loaded weapons will turn out well. It's time we all stop, take a deep breath and think about what is happening to this country.

http://www.examiner.com/article/loaded-guns-to-be-carried-on-july-4-march-on-washington
V

The Idol

Re: This is not going to end well....
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
I think this e-fool clown is Benny B.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
where do you live?

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
Good to see the people becoming aware.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I see great teh lulz coming from this.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Nothing ever happens tho...what is the problem?

Chances are if someone actually wanted to shoot up one of these events he or she would be shot on site if the OC crowd is around.
all drugs - TPPIIP

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I've carried a piece for 16 years now.  I will never visit a no-carry state.  And I think this is a TERRIBLE idea. 

All it takes is for one idiot to have an accidental discharge and hurt someone, and they set gun carry rights back 20 years in that state.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
My prediction:  not many of the RSVPed will actually have the balls to show up with a rifle slung over their shoulder.  It should be good for entertainment purposes though.   :D

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
I find this bald Aussie joker's bigotry towards Muslims combined with his severe opposition to citizens being able to carry firearms to be painfully laughable and completely at odds with each other.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
I find this bald Aussie joker's bigotry towards Muslims combined with his severe opposition to citizens being able to carry firearms to be painfully laughable and completely at odds with each other.
Well you must be American, because they are a confused lot.  Guns and Muslim both present a serious threat to the safety and security of any nation.  America has failed to contain either of them.
V

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Well you must be American, because they are a confused lot.  Guns and Muslim both present a serious threat to the safety and security of any nation.  America has failed to contain either of them.

And America is the hub upon which the world turns around on....because America occupies a LOT of minds. And of course Muslims en masse create problems for Western nations, particularly Australia and those in Europe. You disarmed your population and embraced unfettered immigration to open the floodgates of millions of ignorant brown and black hordes. Your pussified native population bows at the alter of political correctness, and are scared shitless of offending anything Muslim or non-white minority.......the only talks of sensible immigration reform come in furtive and secretive whispers emanating from behind barricaded doors.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Great, Obama can come out for target practice.

Loaded guns to be carried on July 4 march on Washington

It was announced Sunday that over 900 gun enthusiasts have RSVPed for a July 4 march on Washington, D.C. where the protestors plan to carry loaded rifles.

While it is against the law to openly carry a gun in D.C., libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, the organizer of the event, said the march is an act of "civil disobedience" that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event's Facebook page is describing the planned march as nonviolent, “unless the government chooses to make it violent":

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.

There is only a guess as to whether or not the march will even take place, as Kokesh has said he wants 10,000 RSVPs to make it happen, and it may be that he thinks there will be strength in numbers. With the NRA pushing for a "stand and fight" response from its members this weekend, Kokesh may end up getting his troops.

Many people feel that brandishing a loaded firearm is a recipe for disaster. It has been done before. On August 17, 2012, thirty gun-toting activists stormed a public library in Virginia, scaring adults and children.

They were protesting the library's concealed carry policy. One sentence sparked the ire of the Virginia Citizens Defense League:

“Carrying concealed weapons is prohibited, except as permitted by law.”

On March 28 of this year, several men carrying assault rifles and hand-guns crashed an event being held by a chapter of Moms Demand Action. The rally was for citizens in favor of limiting the availability of military style weapons and universal background checks.

Luckily, no one was hurt as a result of these protests, but that is not to say the outcome of a protest with thousands of people carrying loaded weapons will turn out well. It's time we all stop, take a deep breath and think about what is happening to this country.

http://www.examiner.com/article/loaded-guns-to-be-carried-on-july-4-march-on-washington

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
And America is the hub upon which the world turns around on....because America occupies a LOT of minds. And of course Muslims en masse create problems for Western nations, particularly Australia and those in Europe. You disarmed your population and embraced unfettered immigration to open the floodgates of millions of ignorant brown and black hordes. Your pussified native population bows at the alter of political correctness, and are scared shitless of offending anything Muslim or non-white minority.......the only talks of sensible immigration reform come in furtive and secretive whispers emanating from behind barricaded doors.
And yet we do't have a gun problem or Islamic terror attacks.  We actually have far less compunction to cater to the Muslims.  The politicians put out a politically correct message, but underlying that, they know the average Australian can't stand the Muslims and is ready at a moments notice to subdue any uprising from Muslim thugs - refer to the 2005 Cronulla riots where a few Muslims took to the beaches harassing women in bikinis, The locals soon sorted them out.  

And the Police don't put up with any of that Muslim shit either, there were some towelheads here who were hanging banners over a busy highway overpass stating "Get your troops out of Muslim lands you dirty convict pigs" & "Get your troops out of Muslim lands you filthy kafir".  Talk about idiots, why not just advertise that your a terrorist, anyway, the cops investigated them and as it turns out they had a ton of Islamic terrorist literature and extremist links.  Anyway these douchebags are looking at 15 years in jail.  I imagine in America if some Muslim scum-bags did the same thing your Government would be providing Muslim sensitivity classes so as not to offend the local Muslims.  America just had another Islamic inspired terrorist act and your Government was more concerned that the Muslims weren't offended and that their be no reprisals on the poor Muslims.  Don't let our Politicians fool you, the average Australian has his finger on the pulse and is ready to let the Muslims know their place.

V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Great, Obama can come out for target practice.

You're a good man, much better representation of Australia than E-Kul.  8)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
My prediction:  not many None of the RSVPed will actually have the balls to show up with a rifle slung over their shoulder.  It should be good for entertainment purposes though.   :D

Fixed

deadpan

• Getbig IV
people really overblow the concept of "loaded guns". if there's nothing in the chamber it doesn't fucking matter if the magazine is loaded, it won't "accidentally go off", hell even chambered weapons don't "accidentally go off" unless you're talking about some 30's shit with free-floating firing pins and no drop safeties. all my home defense guns have loaded mags and empty chambers, been that way for years and not a single accident.

i dont think anything is gonna happen unless someone is being a retard.

Nothing ever happens tho...what is the problem?

Chances are if someone actually wanted to shoot up one of these events he or she would be shot on site if the OC crowd is around.

lol seriously, you never see anyone shooting up a gun store, and the few times it's happened they end up with like 100 bullets lodged in them and very minimal collateral damage. it's always schools and movie theaters and other "gun free" zones.  ::)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
people really overblow the concept of "loaded guns". if there's nothing in the chamber it doesn't fucking matter if the magazine is loaded, it won't "accidentally go off", hell even chambered weapons don't "accidentally go off" unless you're talking about some 30's shit with free-floating firing pins and no drop safeties. all my home defense guns have loaded mags and empty chambers, been that way for years and not a single accident.

i dont think anything is gonna happen unless someone is being a retard.

lol seriously, you never see anyone shooting up a gun store, and the few times it's happened they end up with like 100 bullets lodged in them and very minimal collateral damage. it's always schools and movie theaters and other "gun free" zones.  ::)

People over blow guns all together.  Overall they're not really that dangerous.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
People over blow guns all together.  Overall they're not really that dangerous.

yeah for real. i bought a tazer for shits and giggles and i feel like it is more dangerous to myself than when i carry a gun. the safety on it is so flimsy i feel like it would get me zapped at some point, with a gun you just keep the chamber empty and it's a paperweight until you need to use it.