Author Topic: Stellantis Fires 400 Engineers On Zoom Meeting  (Read 1867 times)

pamith

• Getbig V
Re: Stellantis Fires 400 Engineers On Zoom Meeting
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2024, 04:21:57 PM »
Business is business! No hard feelings!

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2024, 06:12:04 PM »
Out of college I worked for several Fortune 100 companies-Xerox, IBM, General Electric. Made a lot of money and witnessed mass layoffs routinely. Ultimately I decided to create my own company and after a few tough early years did pretty well. I sold it and went on a long vacation. Now I work for a startup tech company as an employee but with lots of stock options. My work history has prepared me for anything- I have no illusions the company will go one way or the other- I’m just enjoying the ride.

Anybody who thinks businesses owe you anything more than a paycheck for the time worked has the mind of a child.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2024, 06:17:27 PM »
become an entrepreneur

it's our duty to become true libertarians ;)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2024, 06:19:59 PM »
become an entrepreneur

it's our duty to become true libertarians ;)

Are you an entrepreneur?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2024, 06:24:22 PM »
Are you an entrepreneur?

i work as a freelance english teacher online but i have ZERO fucking students now lol

my friend will help me place ads in classifieds to get students

i tried this before but i think the fuckheads ghostbanned me coz ZERO peeps viewed my fuking advert something aint right with that >:( >:( >:(

i want to be a freelance online gym trainer i will make 5-8 k easy peasy if i can get fucking into it

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2024, 12:36:07 AM »
Out of college I worked for several Fortune 100 companies-Xerox, IBM, General Electric. Made a lot of money and witnessed mass layoffs routinely. Ultimately I decided to create my own company and after a few tough early years did pretty well. I sold it and went on a long vacation. Now I work for a startup tech company as an employee but with lots of stock options. My work history has prepared me for anything- I have no illusions the company will go one way or the other- I’m just enjoying the ride.

Anybody who thinks businesses owe you anything more than a paycheck for the time worked has the mind of a child.
I always hated companies who said "we're like a family here." No, you aren't my fucking family. I'm here for the check.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2024, 07:34:42 AM »
Are you an entrepreneur?

i work as a freelance english teacher online but i have ZERO fucking students now lol

;D

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2024, 07:42:12 AM »

Yup, companies can shit-can you "at will". And they do... What's also funny is when managers think they deserve a 2-week notice.
Nope, you can fire me at drop of a hat, I can walk out just as fast. See it happening more and more.

A friend who ive worked with for 15 years or so, just walked out. Got new management, didn't get on well with them.

He can also afford to do it, properties, large stock portfolio, no wife or kids, etc... Just a loner who likes his money.
Sort of funny seeing  the butt-hurt managers reacting about "he didnt give us 2 weeks, unacceptable"...  ::)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2024, 12:11:17 AM »
Yup, companies can shit-can you "at will". And they do... What's also funny is when managers think they deserve a 2-week notice.
Nope, you can fire me at drop of a hat, I can walk out just as fast. See it happening more and more.

A friend who ive worked with for 15 years or so, just walked out. Got new management, didn't get on well with them.

He can also afford to do it, properties, large stock portfolio, no wife or kids, etc... Just a loner who likes his money.
Sort of funny seeing  the butt-hurt managers reacting about "he didnt give us 2 weeks, unacceptable"...  ::)
Many times a company will send you home after putting in your 2 weeks anyway. It is a wasted 2 weeks for everyone.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2024, 01:20:53 AM »
Stellantis is the world's fourth-largest automaker.  It includes brands like Jeep, Peugeot, Citroen, Dodge, Chrysler, Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Opel, Ram, and Vauxhall.

Their revenue is $189 Billion with a 9.8 percent profit.  Market cap is $85 billion currently.  My point is, they are not a small company and definitely have the resources to lay people off in a humane way.  It says a lot about how it's being run from the top.

Glad Ferrari separated from this.

They used to be part of Fiat Chrysler together with Alfa Romeo and Maserati.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2024, 03:18:11 AM »

Out of college money's spent 😎😎😎

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2024, 09:24:39 PM »
Many times a company will send you home after putting in your 2 weeks anyway. It is a wasted 2 weeks for everyone.

They typically cause more harm than good on the way out. I've investigated so many company theft cases it's insane. I always get amazed by how crazy people are when they decide to leave; stealing intellectual property and deleting/corrupting archives of information, just because they are salty. And it does no harm if the company is setup properly. Watched a guy steal all our data and start his own company a month later, he was wrapped up in lawsuits so hard he left the state.

A large company I worked for a few years ago would hire 3 people at a time for technical roles. Got rid of two of them before the 90 probationary period was over. No bonus or stock options until you made it a full year. Once you hit 5 years you get a door opened to almost unreasonable options and salary.

The trouble was making it 5 years. It was the most intense environment I ever worked in and very toxic. But working there for 5-10 years could change your life completely. And once other companies knew you worked there for a long stint, they knew you were a winner and offered you a nice high paying job.

I hired and fired so many good talented people I'm numb to it now, I can fire a good quality engineer without batting an eye. But a good talented person will be successful anywhere, they just need an opportunity to succeed, so it's not like they are out on the street. It's the losers that don't make it in corporate America.

Which is exactly why these large corporations run the way they do and make the profits they do.

Feed the machine.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2024, 03:25:47 PM »

I hired and fired so many good talented people I'm numb to it now, I can fire a good quality engineer without batting an eye. But a good talented person will be successful anywhere, they just need an opportunity to succeed, so it's not like they are out on the street. It's the losers that don't make it in corporate America.

Which is exactly why these large corporations run the way they do and make the profits they do.

Feed the machine.

You're the Bobs from Office Space?

Can you give us an example of how your firings go down?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2024, 12:25:47 AM »

You're the Bobs from Office Space?

Can you give us an example of how your firings go down?

Does he like Michael Bolton?