Author Topic: Have you ever switched from a "bodybuilding offseason"diet to a "healthy"diet?  (Read 226 times)

Gargamel

• Getbig II
I'm only 5 days in and I already feel much better. Changes I noticed: Better skin, better sleep, more energy, better mood, less food cravings, tighter waist

Granted, a bodybuilding diet can be healthy too but I was just eating too much junk food to get into a caloric surplus. I cut out all processed foods now, meaning fast food and most restaurant food. No more sweets, snacks or dairy products. Cut out all the supplements, which the bodybuilding industry tells you to eat for high protein intake (rubbish).

Now I only eat fish (salmon), chicken and turkey with vegetables and/or potatoes. Even cut out rice (some people say it's not healthy, I'm not sure)

For cravings I now eat fruits (berries) and all kind of nuts.

For drinks I get tea (green tea), water, natural fruit juice (lemon juice).

I'm kind of excited because I have never really cleaned up my diet before and what it feels like going forward. I'm surprised how easy it is to cut out certain foods, at least so far. I think it gets easier to change your diet if you get a little older. I'm 36 now.

Anyone been eating like this for a long time? Thoughts?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I have been eating like a normal person since last Novemeber after dieting and competing for 15 months
I have put on 30lbs, some shit of course but I still look pretty reasonable

Daily diet
300gms oats and milk
ribeye steak rice noodles and oyster sauce
Chips (fries) and steak and peppercorn/Diane sauce

I eat a bit of fruit and some biscuits and chocolate if I feel like it

I eat pizza occasionally and chinese takeaways, used to eat Indian food but now I dont trust the filthy twats to wash their hands

TheShape.

• Getbig V
I stay away from processed foods, why do you think they would help with bodybuilding?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
I'm only 5 days in and I already feel much better. Changes I noticed: Better skin, better sleep, more energy, better mood, less food cravings, tighter waist

Granted, a bodybuilding diet can be healthy too but I was just eating too much junk food to get into a caloric surplus. I cut out all processed foods now, meaning fast food and most restaurant food. No more sweets, snacks or dairy products. Cut out all the supplements, which the bodybuilding industry tells you to eat for high protein intake (rubbish).

Now I only eat fish (salmon), chicken and turkey with vegetables and/or potatoes. Even cut out rice (some people say it's not healthy, I'm not sure)

For cravings I now eat fruits (berries) and all kind of nuts.

For drinks I get tea (green tea), water, natural fruit juice (lemon juice).

I'm kind of excited because I have never really cleaned up my diet before and what it feels like going forward. I'm surprised how easy it is to cut out certain foods, at least so far. I think it gets easier to change your diet if you get a little older. I'm 36 now.

Anyone been eating like this for a long time? Thoughts?

“Dear Diary....

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
I have been eating like a normal person since last Novemeber after dieting and competing for 15 months
I have put on 30lbs, some shit of course but I still look pretty reasonable

Daily diet
300gms oats and milk
ribeye steak rice noodles and oyster sauce
Chips (fries) and steak and peppercorn/Diane sauce

I eat a bit of fruit and some biscuits and chocolate if I feel like it

I eat pizza occasionally and chinese takeaways, used to eat Indian food but now I dont trust the filthy twats to wash their hands

Cholesterol still high?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Cholesterol still high?
Not had it tested again since those last bloods, My BP is up a bit, going giving blood next Tuesday
Will be getting bloods done again when hes next at the gym

Had a bit of low leg water retention , not bad but I dont normally hold any water

Being 230 is a bit heavy for me, need to get down a bit, 210 is a good weight for me.