Author Topic: Should we initiate a no-fly zone in Libya?  (Read 8700 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Should we initiate a no-fly zone in Libya?
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 10:08:53 AM »
With NATO help, yes.  The USA shouldn't involve itself without international help. 

Why?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2011, 10:53:40 AM »
Why?

Why? Because it is the right thing to do. 
Abandon every hope...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2011, 10:56:03 AM »
Bipartisan effort? Don't you consider McCain a RINO?

The man was selected by the members of the repub party to be their leader in 2008.  So unless the majority of repubs are RINOs, is mccain really a RINO?

He's a moderate, sure.  But I really don't get the politicial angle of Libya.  Either you wanna get involved (as some prominent repubs and dems do), or you don't.

NATO and UN aren't gonig to do squat.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 10:57:39 AM »
Why? Because it is the right thing to do. 

ha ha ha ha ha.   

Oh Shit - are you serious?   

Funny - you leftists and marxists never say a word about invading the congo or other areas of strife.     

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 10:59:04 AM »
Funny - you leftists and marxists never say a word about invading the congo or other areas of strife.     

Gimme a break.  Repubs begging for war in Iraq were okay with flying over Darfur to save far fewer lives in iraq.

It's about OIL, silly.  Both parties.  They only give a shit about getting involved and 'saving lives' when the nation has oil.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2011, 11:00:12 AM »
ha ha ha ha ha.   

Don't you love how they pick and choose which civil wars are worthy of our involvement? This is fucking hilarious. "The right thing to do". Talk about a joke.

The right thing to do is let the Libyans sort their own shit out. Coming from someone who hates Bush for invading Iraq. Quite hypocritical for you to now advocate military involvement in yet another country.

These far-lefties can't even keep their ideologies in line.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the far-left hate the perceived imperialist policies of America? Now they're actually advocating an imperialist approach to a fully functioning foreign country that hasn't done anything to us recently.

Iraq 2.0, but it's OK because removing Gaddafi furthers the far-left agenda.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2011, 11:03:53 AM »
we get involved in civil wars when the countries have a resource we want.  Rudy admitted iran only matters cause of their oil - they'd be a 'paper dragon' without it.  Mccain admitted "never again will we have to go to war for oil".  

The party in the white house knows they have to sell involvement in civil affairs, and the party out of power likes to fight it.  Today in libya is just iraq reversed roles.  President mccain would be selling airstrikes, and libs would be crying about it right now, if mccain had won.

it's just ignorant to paint this as "those lousy dems" when it's just how govt works.  "someone" is going to step in and help one side win.  If China does it, and they pinkmist kadaffi's ass... they get a leg up in controlling the place when the dust settles.

SOMEONE is gonna do it, might as well be us... that's the argument of whatever Prez is in charge.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2011, 11:06:54 AM »
The Muslim world hates America for being in Iraq/Afghanistan and you're actually advocating us getting involved in another Muslim country? Even with reports that jihadists are fighting alongside the rebels? You're a stupid fuck.

Oil? In the grand scheme of things Libya's oil output isn't anything to write home about. And certainly not worth invading for.

It's hilarious how the anti-Iraq War brigade is now advocating a third invasion of a Muslim country. Just goes to show how full of shit the average person is.

Why is someone going to pink mist Gaddafi? Has he ever stopped oil shipments before? No, he hasn't. And he has the upper hand on these severely under-equipped rebels.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »
ha ha ha ha ha.   

Weird.  I never saw a thread asking if we should  ???  If i did, i would also say there is a need to get involved with international help.  Just as there is a continuing need to Sudan for action.  Unlike you 333 my life does not revolve around posting on getbig and i do not feel the need to post every, single thought i have about every single issue there is in the world. 
Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2011, 11:11:28 AM »
Weird.  I never saw a thread asking if we should  ???  If i did, i would also say there is a need to get involved with international help.  Just as there is a continuing need to Sudan for action.  Unlike you 333 my life does not revolve around posting on getbig and i do not feel the need to post every, single thought i have about every single issue there is in the world. 

So why does Libya warrant international intervention? Enlighten me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2011, 11:12:03 AM »
you're actually advocating us getting involved in another Muslim country?

HUH?

The US should stay out of this place.  I'll say it for a 4th time on this thread in case you missed it.  We shuld let him "deal with it" and the media doesn't need to be there for it.  

Oil prices wlil stabilize.  it's that simple.

Now, I know I tend to play devil's advocate from time to time... but in this case, I'm not.  no US $ or men or troops should be used to intervene.  it's a soverign nation, and it's an uprising.  Any leader in the world would crush an uprising.  Let them.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2011, 11:13:32 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the far-left hate the perceived imperialist policies of America? Now they're actually advocating an imperialist approach to a fully functioning foreign country that hasn't done anything to us recently.

Iraq 2.0, but it's OK because removing Gaddafi furthers the far-left agenda.

I was never against removing Sadaam.  I was against the timing of it, and against the way they went about going in.  In Libya i see the situation as different for one key reason - the people.  They are fighting against the despot, doing the dirty work.  They just need a hand from the international community.  No one can argue that the world would miss this guy.  The key here is international involvement.  An American led force is not a step forward, it must be NATO led and involve a clear exit strategy.  
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2011, 11:15:13 AM »
So why does Libya warrant international intervention? Enlighten me.

Because like many others around the world, Libya is a country in need of help.  If you are able to, you should give it.  We as in US and the international community are able to, so we should help. 
Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 11:16:45 AM »
The UN put Libya on the Human Rights council and then had the audacity to make them a rotating president of it. If they've got a problem they should handle it, without US help. Funny how the UN, who is still due to pass a resolution praising Libya's "human rights achievements", is burying the fact that they had these fucktards serving on a council dedicated to human rights.

I was never against removing Sadaam.  I was against the timing of it, and against the way they went about going in.  In Libya i see the situation as different for one key reason - the people.  They are fighting against the despot, doing the dirty work.  They just need a hand from the international community.  No one can argue that the world would miss this guy.  The key here is international involvement.  An American led force is not a step forward, it must be NATO led and involve a clear exit strategy.  

Why do they need a hand? It's a civil war. They tried to jump on the Arab revolution bandwagon and ran into a guy who wasn't going to back down. They should have thought about the fact that they would be out-gunned, out-manned and out-trained should it have devolved into fighting. They made their bed and now they should lie in it.

Because like many others around the world, Libya is a country in need of help.  If you are able to, you should give it.  We as in US and the international community are able to, so we should help.  

You leftists argue that it's not our job to play world police so why should we start now? Fuck it, after this we can make it a right ol' party. We can swing through the Congo, clean up the Ivory Coast and hit Colombia and Mexico on our way home! Why stop at Libya?  ::)

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »
I don't care much for the UN and they will never act.  

They need a hand because democracy should be a right all humans have, they are fighting for that right and we should help.

I agree, why stop at Libya?  We aren't the world police because we aren't the world.  Notice i've repeated time and again this is not just the US but the international community that should help.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
Ha ha ha- should bama have invaded Iran in 2009? 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2011, 11:24:58 AM »
Is there any indication that democracy is what these people want? There are jihadists fighting alongside them. The head Libyan clerics are calling for Gaddafi's head so that they can establish an Islamic state.

You need to get your head out of the clouds. It's not our job to bring democracy to these people.

And for what it's worth, despite what the MSM is spinning, the rebels have been losing ground since Saturday. The amount of help they're going to need will probably require more than a no-fly zone and will entail boots on the ground. No, thanks.

Ha ha ha- should bama have invaded Iran in 2009?  

Democracy is a basic human right, except in Iran's case. In that case, invading Iran would be doing the evil Zionist's bidding. Funny thing is that Iran secretly arrested two of the opposition leaders last week and there hasn't been a single word about it.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2011, 11:32:27 AM »
I'm not opposed to an international invasion of Iran either.   Why do you always generalize people as if they apply to all people of a specific group?  Can you not think of people as individuals or are you yourself a walking stereo type therefore everyone else must be the same?
Abandon every hope...

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2011, 11:32:43 AM »
Bush did it.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2011, 11:34:36 AM »
I'm not opposed to an international invasion of Iran either.   Why do you always generalize people as if they apply to all people of a specific group?  Can you not think of people as individuals or are you yourself a walking stereo type therefore everyone else must be the same?

So you're a warmonger? Interesting.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »
the new craze is obama did it, get with the times

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2011, 12:00:13 PM »
the new craze is obama did it, get with the times

Oh, so you now see how stupid the "blame Bush craze" was. Right?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »
Oh, so you now see how stupid the "blame Bush craze" was. Right?

it was kinda hard to blame obama for ignoring that august memo which detailed the 911 attacks.

...cause he was still living in kenya at the time.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2011, 12:28:32 PM »
So you're a warmonger? Interesting.

Interesting assumption you make.  If i'm not opposed to war then i must be a warmonger.  Once again you fail and make generalizations. 
Abandon every hope...