Author Topic: Atkins or Palumbo method question  (Read 1295 times)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Atkins or Palumbo method question
« on: September 21, 2007, 12:10:19 AM »
This guy at work had told me that his last 2 times doing the low carb/no carb did not produce the same results as when he did the diet a few years ago.  I also seem to remember that when I did the atkins about 8 years ago I lost 30 lbs in 2 months.  Last year I attempted a short run of 2 months with low carb, about 50 grams and under a day.  I know you cant watch the scales but the scale only moved 5-7 pounds.  I wasn't on a cycle at the time and probably sitting at 17% BF.  Did plenty of cardio and also watched calories.

Just looking to see if the low carb diet quits giving results the more often you attempt go on it.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Atkins or Palumbo method question
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 04:59:48 AM »

You have to cycle the fats as one would cycle the carbs using Dave's methods.

50g of protein is also maybe a littl emuch...bring it down to 40g per meal and you may not need 6 meals. 5 may be adequate.
?

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:02:55 AM »
It could also be age  :(
Your body never reacts the same way to a diet twice and I definitely never struggled to keep my weight down 8 years ago but I do now  >:(

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »
It could also be age  :(
Your body never reacts the same way to a diet twice and I definitely never struggled to keep my weight down 8 years ago but I do now  >:(

yep you could be right there..lol

Beejis60

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 08:43:48 PM »
Try out the cut diet as they pretty much tell you EVERYTHING to do and eat if you have cutting diet issues.
http://www.cutdiet.com/

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
Try out the cut diet as they pretty much tell you EVERYTHING to do and eat if you have cutting diet issues.
http://www.cutdiet.com/

Thanks.  I will check it out.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 08:31:52 AM »
You have to cycle the fats as one would cycle the carbs using Dave's methods.

50g of protein is also maybe a littl emuch...bring it down to 40g per meal and you may not need 6 meals. 5 may be adequate.
Actually the fats stay constant on Dave's style diet...he doesn't have you cycle the fats until the end of a diet so as to pull off the last bit of fat...say for a contest or something.

This guy at work had told me that his last 2 times doing the low carb/no carb did not produce the same results as when he did the diet a few years ago.  I also seem to remember that when I did the Atkins about 8 years ago I lost 30 lbs in 2 months.  Last year I attempted a short run of 2 months with low carb, about 50 grams and under a day.  I know you cant watch the scales but the scale only moved 5-7 pounds.  I wasn't on a cycle at the time and probably sitting at 17% BF.  Did plenty of cardio and also watched calories.

Just looking to see if the low carb diet quits giving results the more often you attempt go on it.
I don't know too much about the Atkins, but in Dave's plan the whole idea is getting into ketosis...so if you diet this way, make sure you're counting the carbs from other sources of food that you might not normally count. For example, nuts and peanut butter which are all part of that diet, have carbs in them, your protine powder may have a g or 2, even the whole eggs have like 1g and if you're eating 10 or so a day, then there is 10carbs right there...and you cannot go over 50g/ed if you're going to be in ketosis.

in short, I think the diet should work just as well for you again, but I'd be willing to bet that there is something that was in your plan that was not right with this diet.