Author Topic: Going to run out of whey/protein powder soon;will only have tuna, eggs, steak  (Read 3988 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
chicken and other natural foods. I still have plenty of aminos, BCCAs, glutamine and the rest.

The problem is I live in South Korea where it is a major project to get protein powder and supplements. When I do go to get some, it is a real mission and I buy massive qualities to stock up, spending a lot of money in the process. Ordering stuff online isn't an option because of the strange tarrifs and regulations in this country...anyway if my only protein sources are meat, fish, eggs and poultry (as well as amino tabs), do you think there will be readily apparent negative consequences training wise? Post and Pre-Workout seem to be the real issue here; I suppose if I ate 300 grams of chicken and timed it right I would still have an amino stream going off for my workout as well as after; after all the protein in chicken is casein and gives off a steady amino acid stream for many hours. Still has anyone been in this position before? Any tips?
I hate the State.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
chicken and other natural foods. I still have plenty of aminos, BCCAs, glutamine and the rest.

after all the protein in chicken is casein and gives off a steady amino acid stream for many hours. Still

I don't think the protein in chicken is casein:

"Casein (from Latin caseus "cheese") is the most predominant phosphoprotein found in milk and cheese. When coagulated with rennet, casein is sometimes called paracasein. British terminology, on the other hand, uses the term caseinogen for the uncoagulated protein and casein for the coagulated protein. As it exists in milk, it is a salt of calcium."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein

Turning to your question, is cottage cheese available (casein-based)?  If not, surely cheese is available. 

Also, whole eggs are slow dissolving due to the (healthy) fat content.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

I don't think the protein in chicken is casein:

"Casein (from Latin caseus "cheese") is the most predominant phosphoprotein found in milk and cheese. When coagulated with rennet, casein is sometimes called paracasein. British terminology, on the other hand, uses the term caseinogen for the uncoagulated protein and casein for the coagulated protein. As it exists in milk, it is a salt of calcium."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein

Turning to your question, is cottage cheese available (casein-based)?  If not, surely cheese is available. 

Alos, whole eggs are slow dissolving due to the (healthy) fat content.

It blows; there's no cottage cheese in this country... :-\
I hate the State.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
 ;D

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
i believe that as far as food goes..egg whites have the fastest digestion rate. so drinking some pasteurized egg whites after you workout might be a good idea.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

The problem is I live in South Korea where it is a major project to get protein powder and supplements. When I do go to get some, it is a real mission and I buy massive qualities to stock up, spending a lot of money in the process. Ordering stuff online isn't an option because of the strange tarrifs and regulations in this country...anyway if my only protein sources are meat, fish, eggs and poultry (as well as amino tabs), do you think there will be readily apparent negative consequences training wise? Post and Pre-Workout seem to be the real issue here; I suppose if I ate 300 grams of chicken and timed it right I would still have an amino stream going off for my workout as well as after; after all the protein in chicken is casein and gives off a steady amino acid stream for many hours. Still has anyone been in this position before? Any tips?

the funniest part of this post is that there are many people who would tell you that you are better off WITHOUT the powder

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!

the funniest part of this post is that there are many people who would tell you that you are better off WITHOUT the powder
For me Protein powder is a lot easier to take, and it is cheaper than real food pound for pound of course depending on the brand you buy

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
For me Protein powder is a lot easier to take, and it is cheaper than real food pound for pound of course depending on the brand you buy

..........ok....... but there is more to real food then JUST protein...  ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

..........ok....... but there is more to real food then JUST protein...  ::)

Well convenience is the REAL factor; not time consuming at all; powder in water, shake drink, 1 minute tops...
I hate the State.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Well convenience is the REAL factor; not time consuming at all; powder in water, shake drink, 1 minute tops...

fry chicken and make rice...

10 minutes

:)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
fry chicken and make rice...

10 minutes

:)

Well I am boiling a kilo of chicken breast right now. Still 10 minutes vs. 1 minute...like those days when I only have 15 minutes to get ready for work; water, shake, done...anyway hopefully I will have powder by next week again. Thanks for the encouragement...merci beaucoup de ton aide... ;)
I hate the State.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Well I am boiling a kilo of chicken breast right now. Still 10 minutes vs. 1 minute...like those days when I only have 15 minutes to get ready for work; water, shake, done...anyway hopefully I will have powder by next week again. Thanks for the ecouragement...merci beaucoup de ton aide... ;)

c'est mon grand plaisir ;)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Going to run out of whey/protein powder soon;will only have tuna, eggs, stea
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 07:46:08 PM »
Cook in bulk to save time  ;)
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Going to run out of whey/protein powder soon;will only have tuna, eggs, stea
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 07:50:23 PM »
Cook in bulk to save time  ;)

or you could find a sexy chick to do the cooking....  ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 08:07:58 PM »
or you could find a sexy chick to do the cooking....  ;D

Malheureusement c'est pas possible dans ce troup de rat qui s'apelle Korea....
I hate the State.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 08:16:51 PM »
Malheureusement c'est pas possible dans ce troup de rat qui s'apelle Korea....

huh  ???  you live among rats?

;)
:

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 08:37:16 PM »

huh  ???  you live among rats?

;)

Translation: Unfortunately that is not possible in this rat hole called Korea...
I hate the State.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 08:29:45 PM »
Translation: Unfortunately that is not possible in this rat hole called Korea...

maybe u live in a shitty ghetto-like area in korea
come to chung-dam-dong or ap-goo-jung-dong 
any country including US or France has a ghetto right?
LOCAL GYM HERO

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 02:25:02 AM »
maybe u live in a shitty ghetto-like area in korea
come to chung-dam-dong or ap-goo-jung-dong 
any country including US or France has a ghetto right?

From what I have seen most of Korea is a rat hole, brown and gray polluted skys, rubbish and filth everywhere, but hey the money is good ;D.
I hate the State.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 03:29:00 AM »
if youve seen most of korea why do you live in Ulsan? ??? kind of makes me wonder why you live in that ghetto-like place lol 
work hard and make lots of money looks like you need it  ;D
ps: ON gold standard is good, but procomplex is better ;D
LOCAL GYM HERO

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 03:35:57 AM »
if youve seen most of korea why do you live in Ulsan? ??? kind of makes me wonder why you live in that ghetto-like place lol 
work hard and make lots of money looks like you need it  ;D
ps: ON gold standard is good, but procomplex is better ;D

Neoneun Migukin ibnida?

The fact is that Seoul is one of the most expensive cities in the world, hard to save money there.
I hate the State.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 03:44:01 AM »

na-nun miguk-ae 10nyun-dong-an  sar-da wass-o-yo.

seoul is hard to save money thats true.
Ulsan is infamous for it;s pollution.. make fast $$ and get the hell out of there
LOCAL GYM HERO

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 03:49:17 AM »
na-nun miguk-ae 10nyun-dong-an  sar-da wass-o-yo.

seoul is hard to save money thats true.
Ulsan is infamous for it;s pollution.. make fast $$ and get the hell out of there

A Korean American, haven't seen too many of you guys around. Believe it or not, pollution in Seoul is WORSE than in Ulsan; granted it's not great here but it's better than Seoul or Daegu. Why are you in Korea? Reconnecting to your roots? Anyway have a nice Chu Seo and blah, blah...I wish I had Hangeul script on my computer.
I hate the State.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 03:53:46 AM »
A Korean American, haven't seen too many of you guys around. Believe it or not, pollution in Seoul is WORSE than in Ulsan; granted it's not great here but it's better than Seoul or Daegu. Why are you in Korea? Reconnecting to your roots? Anyway have a nice Chu Seo and blah, blah...I wish I had Hangeul script on my computer.
hey what big-metro city doenst have pollution;  New york ?  ???
whatever
i;m here to graduate medical school (and no its not chiropracticer)
happy chuseok
LOCAL GYM HERO

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 04:06:54 AM »
hey what big-metro city doenst have pollution;  New york ?  ???
whatever
i;m here to graduate medical school (and no its not chiropracticer)
happy chuseok

You should be going to medical school in the USA not Korea...
I hate the State.