Author Topic: Cardio question  (Read 1074 times)

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
Cardio question
« on: July 10, 2006, 08:34:48 PM »
I'm a big guy trying to shed some BF and get down to where I want it to be. I'm currently on a strict diet and taking an ECA stack. My question is when doing my cardio which currently is 45 min AM/ 30min PM plus weight training 5 days/wk. Is it better to do long moderate cardio sessions(50-60 min/day say on an elyptical machine or run 3 miles in 30 minutes on treadmill or outside????? though I'm sure everyone will have a different opinion but just curious to see......

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Cardio question
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:10:29 PM »
Both approaches work, though it's felt that shorter durations done more intensely are slightly/somewhat more effective re: fat burning. IMO the biggest factor should be which you prefer and will stick with.

If you're indifferent, running's about the best thing there is..

Superman

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Cardio question
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 09:16:40 PM »
I'm a big guy trying to shed some BF and get down to where I want it to be. I'm currently on a strict diet and taking an ECA stack. My question is when doing my cardio which currently is 45 min AM/ 30min PM plus weight training 5 days/wk. Is it better to do long moderate cardio sessions(50-60 min/day say on an elyptical machine or run 3 miles in 30 minutes on treadmill or outside????? though I'm sure everyone will have a different opinion but just curious to see......
I think if you can burn the same amount of fat in thirty minutes as you would in sixty. I would say go for the three miles in thirty minutes. I did it my self, it works.