Author Topic: foot work  (Read 2173 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
foot work
« on: July 20, 2006, 06:55:32 AM »
what are some good drills or exercises to help with foot work?  ???

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: foot work
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 07:18:09 AM »
it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.  some what more speed others have speed but want more coordination.  Also depends on whether you use kicks heavily or punch more.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 07:22:35 AM »
you're the hotsteppa you should know!

just jk with you bro
Z

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 07:30:51 AM »
LOL

so i'm told and yeah...i've been doing more boxing..my kicks have become more of a defense or finisher at the end of combos or to keep people from coming in.  I don't throw them as much as most but i do use'em from time to time.

DAMN RIGHT MOTHER FUCKER! HERE COMES DE HOT STEPPA! 

lol

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 12:42:36 PM »
Jump rope, Kareoke, ladder running crills, sprints and backwards running.among many others

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 01:05:42 PM »
play dance dance revolution like danielson

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 01:17:58 PM »
play dance dance revolution like danielson

that was pretty funny ;D. I see little kids hopping around at gameworks on that fuckin thing.
E

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 02:43:50 PM »
I saw a report about a 12 year old FAT BOY who got himself normal by playing that at home. Here's a funny video of a fat kid who's really good at it. then he falls LOL

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/ddrfatty.html

IronGame

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 02:43:09 AM »
what are some good drills or exercises to help with foot work?  ???

What are you training for?  Boxing, kickboxing, mma?  Each one has different considerations. 
white belt for life

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 04:36:28 AM »
how can you tell someone about footwork drills over the internet?

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 05:23:44 AM »
i'd say predominately boxing..i just always tend to go to it in all my fights lately...save a few elbows or knees or a kick check here and there...boxing is it. If that doesn't work it's usually kicks.  Still not thrilled with my ground game at all. I'm learning more and more about movement each class and balance.  That has been my achilles heal...

my balances was so bad in the beginning that if you stopped me at any point in time with an overhand right or hook you could barely push me and fall over...now i'm solid. Im' working on lately is moving to the side to open someone up.  It's one thing to watch someone do it well. It's another to try it and learn it.  I'm loving it though.  Makes me wish I started sooner.  I'm drooling for a fight though and no one will give me one yet.  Not because i'm skilled...it's because i'm bigger than anyone else in my class right now and my instructor feels like i'm not ready to spar with him yet.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 09:32:11 PM »
Walk into any good boxing gym and they'll be more than happy to put you into the mix.  Not too hard getting a partner at a legit boxing gym.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 11:16:44 AM »
Jump lots of rope.  Find a good teacher that knows what hes doing and can back up his teaching.  BUt like everyone has said, boxing, wrestling, mma all have different types of movement and footwork so its a bit difficult to tell.