Author Topic: 333386 do you have a gun?  (Read 5054 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: 333386 do you have a gun?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 11:57:09 AM »
I don't think either of them could have hid their mental problems or seemed "normal" and not a danger to a comprehensive evaluation from a trained professional

The psycho in Colorado rigged his bomb like hiroshima remember? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 12:48:39 PM »
are you referring to the journal he mailed to her or something else

be specific

and, I don't think Holmes, Loughner or you would be able to hide your mental problems from a trained professional

shit, you can't even hide them on this board

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/08/16414072-fbi-james-holmes-booby-trap-used-remote-control-car-frying-pan?lite

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/06/therapist-declined-tempor_n_2248980.html

great, now tell me how he would have been able to hide his mental problems if he were required to undergo a comprehensive, in person, face to face mental evaluation in order to be able to purchase weapons ?

from everything we've seen there were more than a few people who thought this guy had mental problems and that includes his therapist/doctor

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 01:06:54 PM »
great, now tell me how he would have been able to hide his mental problems if he were required to undergo a comprehensive, in person, face to face mental evaluation in order to be able to purchase weapons ?

from everything we've seen there were more than a few people who thought this guy had mental problems and that includes his therapist/doctor

The therapist could have reported this guy and he could have been prevented from buying weapons.  Every state has laws to where a person can be committed involuntary on an emergency petition basis 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »
The therapist could have reported this guy and he could have been prevented from buying weapons.  Every state has laws to where a person can be committed involuntary on an emergency petition basis 

didn't she go to the cops prior to his shooting spree

btw - what you've said above is exactly what I think we should do for every gun buyer and it should be re-done every couple of years for existing gun owners

I think that would go a long way to keep guns out of the hands of nutbags (though of course it would completely eliminate the problem)