Author Topic: do any of you fellas do "light" or "moderate" training sessions?  (Read 7641 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: do any of you fellas do "light" or "moderate" training sessions?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 09:56:11 AM »
alllright c, so maybe you're a hardass tough guy who can whip ass, but that don't mean that you have an outstanding physique

lots of fierce badass dudes have god awful shit physiques :-X

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 09:56:25 AM »
I gurantee you, you cant lift any of the heavy weight i do, and i guarantee, in the gym fully pumped, swoled the fuck up at 280, your not gona be able to say one fucking word like you type on the internet, thats a fuckin fact

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »
what about this skinny ass twink, do you think he'd have they guts to step up in yo face?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 10:02:24 AM »
what about this skinny ass twink, do you think he'd have they guts to step up in yo face?

'HITMAN IN DA HOUSE'

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »
its not about bein tough, its not about being strong, its about the respect none of you getbiggers have, regarding the iron game, when you fuckers are 290 lbs, or even 280, then i will respect what you say, but until then, anything you fuckers type is horse shit, I dont give a fuck what bodyfat percent you are, and I dont care how cut you are, that shit doesnt matter when your in the gym pounding out the iron lifting and getting pumped to the fuckin gills, many of your will never know the hard work and years it takes to get up to 280 or higher, and then maintain that weight, if i had alot of money and could afford a bunch of juice, i would weigh like 305, ive never taken gh, or synthol in my life, if i had the money to buy everthing, i would be a walking tank already more than i am, and thats what you fellas dont respect is the iron life, the work, the dedication, the bustin ass in gym, wakin up cant even walk the next day, thats pumping iron, not gettin on a internet board sayin oh i have 8% bf at 185 lbs, or im 220 with 10 percent bodyfat, when your in the gym really working out, your bodyfat and cuts arent gona save your ass when you get shut the fuck down by someone weighing 280 or 300, you dont get it, you 250 lb and under muthafuckers disappear in the mirror standing next to someone who weighs 280 300 like me in real life.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 10:04:33 AM »
Train light? lol. Look below!

"Heres the question: Do you want to live small or die big?" Mayor of Bodybuilding

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 10:06:55 AM »
its not about bein tough, its not about being strong, its about the respect none of you getbiggers have, regarding the iron game, when you fuckers are 290 lbs, or even 280, then i will respect what you say, but until then, anything you fuckers type is horse shit, I dont give a fuck what bodyfat percent you are, and I dont care how cut you are, that shit doesnt matter when your in the gym pounding out the iron lifting and getting pumped to the fuckin gills, many of your will never know the hard work and years it takes to get up to 280 or higher, and then maintain that weight, if i had alot of money and could afford a bunch of juice, i would weigh like 305, ive never taken gh, or synthol in my life, if i had the money to buy everthing, i would be a walking tank already more than i am, and thats what you fellas dont respect is the iron life, the work, the dedication, the bustin ass in gym, wakin up cant even walk the next day, thats pumping iron, not gettin on a internet board sayin oh i have 8% bf at 185 lbs, or im 220 with 10 percent bodyfat, when your in the gym really working out, your bodyfat and cuts arent gona save your ass when you get shut the fuck down by someone weighing 280 or 300, you dont get it, you 250 lb and under muthafuckers disappear in the mirror standing next to someone who weighs 280 300 like me in real life.

By your logic, its okay to look like this, as long as you weigh a lot and lift? Yes, great logic, cswol.

X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 10:07:09 AM »
Cswol with your mindset you must think this guy is jacked do you not

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 10:08:05 AM »

By your logic, its okay to look like this, as long as you weigh a lot and lift? Yes, great logic, cswol.

haha beat me to it

ukjeff

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 10:26:04 AM »
uk jeff have you ever seen me in person, I guarantee you, I put any amount of money on it, if you were to come to the gym and see me in person, all the shit your talking on the internet, you wouldnt be saying one fucking word, in person, in the weight pit, GUARANTEED BROTHER!

Listen you fat blow hard bag of shit, its you who would be the one backing into a corner, you talk tough on the web because in reality you are a frightened child in a gorilla elephant suit.
You are frightened to diet down because you believe that your "mass" (lol) makes you appear intimidating to people in the gym and on the street.

Deep down when you are all alone you sit and wonder just how long you can keep up this facade you have created.
You may frighten a few young guys in the gym but in reality they just laugh at you behind your back.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 10:27:48 AM »
whenever I take a week or 2 off I do a light/moderate full body workout just to warm those joints back up. nothing big that would make it so I couldn't train a bodypart the next day. look at those kai training vids where he's just doing random things with a light weight (for him). one of those types

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »
haha beat me to it

;D ;D

Cswol is obsessed with weight. Its difficult to understand why weight matters so much to him.
X

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
I do ,  hard training sessions with moderate weight .

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
Do you think when I was 24 working out at golds Venice and weighed 245 I walked around calling all the 280 lb and above offseason bodybuilders and power lifters fat and all this other shit because they were bigger than me, no I respected them looked up to them and paid my dues until I was up there where I could go in gym and stand next to those guys, that's what many of you don't have is respect for the iron game, if its so easy and so quick to do why don't you fellas get up to 290 big as fuck then come give your twink cut 2 cents that don't make a fuck what gym your at because your still on a chat board small talkin about your abs cuts and diets, THAT'S NOT PUMPIN IRON SON!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 10:34:54 AM »
Do you think when I was 24 working out at golds Venice and weighed 245 I walked around calling all the 280 lb and above offseason bodybuilders and power lifters fat and all this other shit because they were bigger than me, no I respected them looked up to them and paid my dues until I was up there where I could go in gym and stand next to those guys, that's what many of you don't have is respect for the iron game, if its so easy and so quick to do why don't you fellas get up to 290 big as fuck then come give your twink cut 2 cents that don't make a fuck what gym your at because your still on a chat board small talkin about your abs cuts and diets, THAT'S NOT PUMPIN IRON SON!

This man weighs 800 pounds. you must respect him because he is big as fuck! He is even doing pullups for you, cswol.

X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »

haha a couple of months of drinking olive oil, fried food and lying on the sofa all day will creat a phisique similar to yours

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2013, 10:37:32 AM »
Lol @ comments against cswol
#

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013, 11:08:03 AM »

It's said that inside every obese person is a thinner, more normal one trying hard to get out.  Most "people of size" find that chocolate acts as an excellent tranquilizer dart.  Keeps the skinny inside if you get my drift.

Look, there's nothing wrong with being big and strong but looking like some sort of mutated inflatable schmoe luv doll is not exactly what most people find attractive, let alone normal.

Do as you please.  Just do not expect normal people (and the rest of us here) to find it aesthetically pleasing.  Or healthy.  Or...

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2013, 11:11:31 AM »
Almost forgot to answer dj181's question. 

Yes.  I prefer the Mentzer style of abbreviated training but there are days when I will do less weight but more reps.  I will still perform pretty much the same total of sets, but I find the lighter weight higher reps to be a nice change of pace.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013, 11:20:25 AM »
Almost forgot to answer dj181's question. 

Yes.  I prefer the Mentzer style of abbreviated training but there are days when I will do less weight but more reps.  I will still perform pretty much the same total of sets, but I find the lighter weight higher reps to be a nice change of pace.

is the less weight with more reps taken til failure? if yes, then that's still "heavy" training in my book

or maybe instead of saying "heavy" training i should say hard training, or training till failure

a light or moderate session would be taking about 70% of whatever your max weight/rep scheme is for a particular exercise

so for me and barbell curls i do 115 for about 5 or 6 reps till failure, so a light-moderate session would be 80 pounds for 5 reps, well short of failure

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2013, 11:41:08 AM »
Yes I usually de-load or might take a week off every 10-12 weeks or so.

THIS

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »
is the less weight with more reps taken til failure? if yes, then that's still "heavy" training in my book

or maybe instead of saying "heavy" training i should say hard training, or training till failure

a light or moderate session would be taking about 70% of whatever your max weight/rep scheme is for a particular exercise

so for me and barbell curls i do 115 for about 5 or 6 reps till failure, so a light-moderate session would be 80 pounds for 5 reps, well short of failure

Yes, it is.  I try and select a weight that will allow between 15 and 30 reps (depending upon the bodypart).  This results in a tremendous pump and a healthy stressing of the muscle tissue.  I do this every so often as the mood strikes me.  I am in my mid/upper fifties now and need to learn that looking strong and being strong go hand in hand.

A friend used to say that to the average  person just about anyone that lifts is "strong" and so as we age we should take in to account the biggest thing on us is our ego.  Feed it with a healthy diet of exercise, good food and rest and all will be well.  Overfeed it and you are likely to wind up covered in pinkish dots due to having people poke you with ten foot poles.

Or something to the effect.   ;D  There's more to life than lifting.  Mentzer knew this.  Arnold too.  They just went about it differently and it is sad that we lost Mike (and Ray) at such a relatively young age.  Look at former bodybuilders like Flex Wheeler and you'll see what I mean.  He has nothing now except memories of his ignorant, misspent youth.  

And some oil filled arms with hideous "tribal" ink on them.  Vince Gironda used to say "...train for shape and size will surely follow".  I add to that, train for life and everything else will fall into place.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »
Regarding Cswols weight: I'm a firm believer that your body's metabolic mechanisms are more EFFICIENT at a reasonably lower body fat percentage. Meaning that Cswol would grow better and put on more muscle if he lost 10% BF.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:07 PM »
Regarding Cswols weight: I'm a firm believer that your body's metabolic mechanisms are more EFFICIENT at a reasonably lower body fat percentage. Meaning that Cswol would grow better and put on more muscle if he lost 10% BF.

But....but.....but...... then he wont be cSWOL any more.  :( :(
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2013, 12:21:32 PM »
CSWOL.

Can't Stop Whining OnLine.