Author Topic: B.I.D.E.N.  (Read 2306 times)

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
B.I.D.E.N.
« on: September 22, 2020, 08:55:24 AM »
 :D

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
Re: B.I.D.E.N.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:06:50 AM »
PEDO for POTUS 2020 !!

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 10:01:35 AM »

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 10:01:49 AM »
Here's the real deal on what should be important to all us regular working slobs.

Like my dad and grandpa's generation do most working people today, have  a stable job with benefits INCLUDING  retirement pension?

I did , but I'm the minority as only 20% of jobs/careers still offer a retirement pension  w/ benefits.
Some day you'll want to retire. But thanks to the reduction of unions and pensions , you'll depend on 401 k's or social security.
You have to fund your own 401k and that reduces your net income.
Plus, unless you vote for those who support a viable social security fund, that could dry up along with ,over 65 medicare.

I ask again, how are you set for retirement and long term health insurance?
I see a lot of folks living paycheck to pay check without much security or plan for retirement.

Maybe you run your own small business . What happens when a pandemic like Covid hits?
Plus, you're health Ins is still too high, even with the watered down ACA.
I'd go with the political side that wants to improve on that, NOT leave me on my own .

Many working people have to care for elderly parents and that's tough. My wife and I had to do that.
Plus, many parents have to help with absurdly high college tuition for a basic degree to get a viable career.
Many students are so badly in debt, they have ads for student loan refi with things like So-Fi.
They have good jobs, but with a hefty student loan debt, they can't afford to buy a home.

Forget the emotional rhetoric and social issues when you vote.
Think about the basic kitchen table issues that affect us on a day to day basis.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 10:10:19 AM »
This is his Twitter. A staffer posting exact excerpts from his stump speech.

His entire campaign is a sham.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
200,000 Americans have died from this virus.

It’s a staggering number that’s hard to wrap your head around. But behind every COVID-19 death is a family and community that will never again be the same.

There’s a devastating human toll to this pandemic — and we can’t forget that

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 10:44:33 AM »
Here's the real deal on what should be important to all us regular working slobs.

Like my dad and grandpa's generation do most working people today, have  a stable job with benefits INCLUDING  retirement pension?

I did , but I'm the minority as only 20% of jobs/careers still offer a retirement pension  w/ benefits.
Some day you'll want to retire. But thanks to the reduction of unions and pensions , you'll depend on 401 k's or social security.
Plus, unless you vote for those who support a viable social security fund, that could dry up along with ,over 65 medicare.

I see a lot of folks living paycheck to pay check without much security or plan for retirement.

Maybe you run your own small business . What happens when a pandemic like Covid hits?
I'd go with the political side that wants to improve on that, NOT leave me on my own .

Many working people have to care for elderly parents and that's tough. My wife and I had to do that.
Plus, many parents have to help with absurdly high college tuition for a basic degree to get a viable career.
Many students are so badly in debt, they have ads for student loan refi with things like So-Fi.
They have good jobs, but with a hefty student loan debt, they can't afford to buy a home.

Think about the basic kitchen table issues that affect us on a day to day basis.

So if that is the case, why wouldn’t you want the US economy in the hands of the candidate who built the strongest economy in history, and not in the hands of the career politician who has not accomplished anything in 48 years in office?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 11:37:40 AM »
This is his Twitter. A staffer posting exact excerpts from his stump speech.

His entire campaign is a sham.

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
200,000 Americans have died from this virus.

It’s a staggering number that’s hard to wrap your head around. But behind every COVID-19 death is a family and community that will never again be the same.

There’s a devastating human toll to this pandemic — and we can’t forget that
During the economic hearing today a black female congress women, asked a question about healthcare and said the virus has killed 200 million Americans.  ::) I can't believe Powell didn't call her out on it.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
Like my dad and grandpa's generation do most working people today, have a stable job with benefits INCLUDING  retirement pension?

Neither my dad nor either of my grandfather's had a pension.  My dad owned shares (purchased) of the company he worked for and my grandfather owned his own wood framing business.  My other grandfather passed away very young, he was a truck driver

Social security is not a retirement account and it will be dried up way before i retire, i'm not counting on it being around.  I have IRA's and 401K's from a couple jobs.  I work in the private sector, no pensions.  I have invested in real property and own a few rental properties.  When i retire i'll have it pretty easy, unless this Covid thing lasts the nest 20 years.  Unless the government takes my land from me, i'm be selling it for a good chunk of money in 15-20 years.

I'm setup great, have money in the bank and many investments.  I haven't lived paycheck to paycheck since high school and people that do are typically very ignorant with spending money, that sucks for them.  Heath insurance for me is super cheap.

We can't control the future, a meteor could wipe us all out in 5 year.  Can't control that.  I have amazing insurance and it's very affordable.

I know i'll be the son who takes care of my parents, i can't predict what that might cost, but my father has a good retirement plan.  He was smart with his money from a young age.  College debt is very silly argument. Anyone with any basic understanding of money would have paid it off quickly, but no most people buy that new fancy car, expensive house or ring for their wife/wives.  I paid off my student loans 6 years after i graduated, it was my top priority.  Again, being stupid with money is not a good excuse to be poor.

All families are different, i was raised to be smart with money and plan ahead.  I've never struggled with the things most people do as i've always had a plan.  The government is not the answer to retirement and healthcare, they suck at everything.  Think for yourself.

Here's my response.  Now i understand most American's are terrible with money, but if you are practical and plan ahead, all of these scary things you mentioned simply disappear.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 12:12:59 PM »
Here's my response.  Now i understand most American's are terrible with money, but if you are practical and plan ahead, all of these scary things you mentioned simply disappear.

You've worked hard , used good judgement and have  done well.
So did my wife and I along with many others. But we needed some help along the way.

Sadly, a lot of folks aren't in our situations and struggle with the growing cost of health care .
I know of several hard working people, that don't have much saved for retirement.
If they didn't have social security coming, they'd be screwed.

My dad, older sister, 3 uncles and me would never have been able to afford college without some federal aid.
My dad got the old GI bill after WWII and Korea. He worked for decades on a DOD nuclear sub base and retired w/ civil service pension.
My sister was an MD and her last job was the head of internal medicine at Ohio State Med school.
She got help from various federally backed health loans and fellowships.

Most of my undergrad college funding came from the USMC . I got thru grad school ( physics) with various science ed fellowships and grants  . I had a solid career teaching physics and chemistry , starting in high school and finishing up at a small public college.

My dad bought our home with a VA loan and I did the same with my 1st home, many years later.
My wife's dad was a Korean war vet and really needed the medical care in his final years.
I can tell ya on a personal level, his health care bills would have drained our savings, had it not been for the VA.

Many seniors depend on social security and combined with medicare allows them some measure of a dignified , independent lifestyle in retirement.

I understand why self made men, despise the "takers" who mooch off our society.
BUT, most of my family and friends needed a little boost from various GOV backed programs.

I would feel like a hypocrite if I didn't support continuation of the same programs now.  This is why I vote democrat.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 12:31:05 PM »
So if that is the case, why wouldn’t you want the US economy in the hands of the candidate who built the strongest economy in history, and not in the hands of the career politician who has not accomplished anything in 48 years in office?

In my judgement, the Trump economy doesn't help the working man.
Granted, it's wonderful for the investors with extra income  and those on the top end .

I understand and appreciate the concept that you need a job before you can save for retirement.
To me and those like my dad, that means viable working unions offering guaranteed health care , benefits and a retirement pension.

In the end, you're 100% right, that it all comes down to how we feel about our life and those we care about.
I don't think the Trump economic plan is evil and can see why it appeals to many who vote for Trump.
My wife is a VP executive for a major bank and we own a couple vacation rentals and a large home on 5 acres.
With the 2017 (new, Trump) tax plan , we saved a lot on capital gains from a recent sale of a 3rd property.
On the other hand, I don't qualify for my partial social security because I get a state GOV pension.
LOL< a tax plan giveth with one hand and takes away with the other  :D

To me, based on practical reality, the Trump plan leaves too many out in the cold .
I see the Biden economic and health care plan as a more inclusive and fair program.
Ya know Walt, you just have to look at your situation and make your best judgement. ;)

To me, Support of NATO and our key allies is very important in today's world and why I go with Biden.

Unlike most people, I can see the good/bad or pro/con with BOTH men and do my best to make a proper judgement.

PS/ Thanks for your  thoughtful reply and  comment.  8)
Stay safe and God bless

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 02:00:24 PM »

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 02:31:14 PM »
You've worked hard , used good judgement and have  done well.
So did my wife and I along with many others. But we needed some help along the way.

Sadly, a lot of folks aren't in our situations and struggle with the growing cost of health care .
I know of several hard working people, that don't have much saved for retirement.
If they didn't have social security coming, they'd be screwed.

My dad, older sister, 3 uncles and me would never have been able to afford college without some federal aid.
My dad got the old GI bill after WWII and Korea. He worked for decades on a DOD nuclear sub base and retired w/ civil service pension.
My sister was an MD and her last job was the head of internal medicine at Ohio State Med school.
She got help from various federally backed health loans and fellowships.

Most of my undergrad college funding came from the USMC . I got thru grad school ( physics) with various science ed fellowships and grants  . I had a solid career teaching physics and chemistry , starting in high school and finishing up at a small public college.

My dad bought our home with a VA loan and I did the same with my 1st home, many years later.
My wife's dad was a Korean war vet and really needed the medical care in his final years.
I can tell ya on a personal level, his health care bills would have drained our savings, had it not been for the VA.

Many seniors depend on social security and combined with medicare allows them some measure of a dignified , independent lifestyle in retirement.

I understand why self made men, despise the "takers" who mooch off our society.
BUT, most of my family and friends needed a little boost from various GOV backed programs.

I would feel like a hypocrite if I didn't support continuation of the same programs now.  This is why I vote democrat.

I agree with your points, it all comes down to each persons situation.  I'm sure many people started off in a good place and then something tragic happens and it all falls apart.

Most of my friends that are my age have nothing or very little in the bank and maybe a few thousand in a 401k somewhere they don't support anymore; nothing to fall back on at all.  It's like this generation has no idea how retirement works.  My best friend just had a surprise child in his early 40's, his other child is 21, so a big age gap there.  His son just got diagnosed with a hearing disability at 7 months old, other than that he's very healthy.  So my friend makes good money and his wife works part time, she has her own photography company and takes real estate photos; they make more money combined than i do.  But they have no concept of savings or planning for anything other than next month or two.  Huge house, brand new cars, expensive everything.  Each time i go over there they are showing me new things they purchased, things i'd never spend money on.  So they tell me only the father is insured, they don't have family insurance; the hearing aids for the baby are like $7k, so they are asking people for money, setting up donations on social media to pay for them.  They have $20-30k in jewelry purchased in the last 2 years.  Why don't they sell it?  I won't give them a penny and i can tell they know that.  I actually helped them with the down payment on their house many years ago. 

People that do things like this are the reason i have little remorse for people who are broke and have no savings.  I've only met a handful of people that were legitimately in need of financial assistance in their 40's. People will pay $5k for a new TV, but complain about medical insurance costs, it's all so silly to me.

Take these people 20 years from now; they will still be broke and have nothing to live on for retirement.  Should the government help them with tax dollars?

That said, i understand your points, but i don't see how Trump hasn't helped the working man?  Who has been left out in the cold?  How will Biden help the working man?  More taxes?  Redistribution to a social healthcare system that is horrible?  I don't understand how anyone thinks a government program is going to help anyone.  But i do value your opinion.  It's not so much about mooching, it's about self responsibility. I think social security is fine, but the system is broken, it's going to run out of money and people like me who paid into our entire career will not see a dime.  Will Biden fix that?  What's his plan on government run healthcare? 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 02:35:31 PM »

This would be cruel but necessary for Americans to know just how much Biden has mentally declined:
At the first debate, Trump should challenge Biden to recite the Pledge - after Trump himself recites it.  :'(

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 02:53:21 PM »
This would be cruel but necessary for Americans to know just how much Biden has mentally declined:
At the first debate, Trump should challenge Biden to recite the Pledge - after Trump himself recites it.  :'(

I would ask him what drugs he takes on a regular basis.

Seems fair for the American people to know about the health of a prospective president.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 03:33:32 PM »
I agree with your points, it all comes down to each persons situation.  I'm sure many people started off in a good place and then something tragic happens and it all falls apart.

Most of my friends that are my age have nothing or very little in the bank and maybe a few thousand in a 401k somewhere they don't support anymore; nothing to fall back on at all.  It's like this generation has no idea how retirement works.  My best friend just had a surprise child in his early 40's, his other child is 21, so a big age gap there.  His son just got diagnosed with a hearing disability at 7 months old, other than that he's very healthy.  So my friend makes good money and his wife works part time, she has her own photography company and takes real estate photos; they make more money combined than i do.  But they have no concept of savings or planning for anything other than next month or two.  Huge house, brand new cars, expensive everything.  Each time i go over there they are showing me new things they purchased, things i'd never spend money on.  So they tell me only the father is insured, they don't have family insurance; the hearing aids for the baby are like $7k, so they are asking people for money, setting up donations on social media to pay for them.  They have $20-30k in jewelry purchased in the last 2 years.  Why don't they sell it?  I won't give them a penny and i can tell they know that.  I actually helped them with the down payment on their house many years ago. 

People that do things like this are the reason i have little remorse for people who are broke and have no savings.  I've only met a handful of people that were legitimately in need of financial assistance in their 40's. People will pay $5k for a new TV, but complain about medical insurance costs, it's all so silly to me.

Take these people 20 years from now; they will still be broke and have nothing to live on for retirement.  Should the government help them with tax dollars?

That said, i understand your points, but i don't see how Trump hasn't helped the working man?  Who has been left out in the cold?  How will Biden help the working man?  More taxes?  Redistribution to a social healthcare system that is horrible?  I don't understand how anyone thinks a government program is going to help anyone.  But i do value your opinion.  It's not so much about mooching, it's about self responsibility. I think social security is fine, but the system is broken, it's going to run out of money and people like me who paid into our entire career will not see a dime.  Will Biden fix that?  What's his plan on government run healthcare?

Good post and you express yourself in a clear , thoughtful manner. 
You provided a  clear example of clueless idiots  with lousy priorities . I agree,  some people just can't be helped.
But for every clueless numb-nut , I know of 10 "working poor" struggling to just get by.

Right after the USMC, I spent awhile as a "working poor" individual.
I'm not too proud to admit I worked washing beer mugs in a topless dive bar.
After 6 mos of that the owner offered me a job as bouncer, front door ID checker in a huge rock n' roll bar.
I lived in a seedy eff. hotel apt , drove a beater car and didn't have a credit card or checking account.
My main saving grace was no drinking , no rec drugs and a desire to get educated.

In my opinion, the GOV should have programs in place that allow hard working people to gain a leg up.
Had it not been for the USMC vet college asst program, I wouldn't have completed my 1st degree and started a real career.
As for health care, I'd like to remove the costly middle man of private HMO based insurance.
A single payer < Gov run, medicare for all , plan , would reduce individual costs by 25-30%.

It's fact that the first 25% of each health care dollar goes to private HMO insurance investor.
Yup, it doesn't go to the doc, hospital , drug company, etc.
The way they make better profits is to cut corners on health care.
To me , that's a great way to run a car lot, but an insane model to treat sick people.

Lastly, Trump has been a train wreck on Covid.
I'm convinced he'd shoot a grandma , then take bets on which way she'd fall. ;)

To be blunt, I think Biden is a decent man and Trump is a con artist.

Those are my opinions and helps explain why I'm voting Biden.
Obviously others disagree . That's why we vote and count the ballots to see who wins.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2020, 03:35:16 PM »
How anyone can have faith in the government to run healthcare efficiently is beyond me.

In addition, the quality of available healthcare will drop.
Y

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2020, 06:08:29 PM »
In my judgement, the Trump economy doesn't help the working man.
Granted, it's wonderful for the investors with extra income  and those on the top end .

I understand and appreciate the concept that you need a job before you can save for retirement.
To me and those like my dad, that means viable working unions offering guaranteed health care , benefits and a retirement pension.

In the end, you're 100% right, that it all comes down to how we feel about our life and those we care about.
I don't think the Trump economic plan is evil and can see why it appeals to many who vote for Trump.
My wife is a VP executive for a major bank and we own a couple vacation rentals and a large home on 5 acres.
With the 2017 (new, Trump) tax plan , we saved a lot on capital gains from a recent sale of a 3rd property.
On the other hand, I don't qualify for my partial social security because I get a state GOV pension.
LOL< a tax plan giveth with one hand and takes away with the other  :D

To me, based on practical reality, the Trump plan leaves too many out in the cold .
I see the Biden economic and health care plan as a more inclusive and fair program.
Ya know Walt, you just have to look at your situation and make your best judgement. ;)

To me, Support of NATO and our key allies is very important in today's world and why I go with Biden.

Unlike most people, I can see the good/bad or pro/con with BOTH men and do my best to make a proper judgement.

PS/ Thanks for your  thoughtful reply and  comment.  8)
Stay safe and God bless

You talk about the “working man”, yet you were nothing more than a teacher, a life long government stooge. You support a political party full of unemployed basement dwelling Uber drivers who are too lazy and under educated to find gainful employment.

And the ironic part is....every one of the 18 - 30 year old liberal losers was let down and their generation was completely raped of the chance of success by Barack Obama.

Yet he is their liberal deity.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2020, 07:14:44 PM »
Howard, can you explain how your candidate is fit to be POTUS when he can't recite part of the pledge? You or Prime or Straw or Jago.....anyone?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2020, 07:17:50 AM »
Howard, can you explain how your candidate is fit to be POTUS when he can't recite part of the pledge? You or Prime or Straw or Jago.....anyone?

;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2020, 07:51:28 AM »
Those crickets will be chirping a long time.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2020, 08:48:13 AM »

Excellent post on the economic issues with a relevant , personal example.
I read the entire post and found it thought provoking and well written.

I'm getting ready to talk my goofy dog out for a trail walk, so I'll leave on that positive note ...for now.
Have no worry however, this old fart will be back to debate everything from Trump's orange face to Biden's "corn row" hair plugs, etc.

Thanks again for the intelligent, thoughtful debate posts

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2020, 08:49:51 AM »
The 87-page Senate committee report stated that Obama administration officials “knew” that Hunter Biden’s position on the board of Burisma was “problematic” and that it interfered “in the efficient execution of policy with respect to Ukraine.”

Now just imagine the liberal and MSM meltdown if that was Donald Trump Jr.?

Liberals = Liars and Hypocrites

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2020, 08:51:05 AM »
You talk about the “working man”, yet you were nothing more than a teacher, a life long government stooge. You support a political party full of unemployed basement dwelling Uber drivers who are too lazy and under educated to find gainful employment.

And the ironic part is....every one of the 18 - 30 year old liberal losers was let down and their generation was completely raped of the chance of success by Barack Obama.

Yet he is their liberal deity.

I don't expect you to give specific details on a public forum, BUT,
what's your  basic career/job Walt?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2020, 09:13:40 AM »
Those crickets will be chirping a long time.

Apparently so. No answer.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2020, 10:34:39 AM »

Apparently so. No answer.
On this day in getbig history, not a single FUK was given.

Elvis has left the building. ;)