Author Topic: Every White Christian's nightmare - Obama vs Romney  (Read 1502 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Every White Christian's nightmare - Obama vs Romney
« on: January 07, 2008, 08:22:23 AM »

Discuss.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Every White Christian's nightmare - Obama vs Romney
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:26:28 AM »
Romney is a liar.  He's been caught in numberous lies, by the media and by other Republican candidates. 

I would rather vote an honest purple person into office, than someone who looked like me, but lied to get the job.

Of course, I guess some ppl care more about race than integrity.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 08:28:44 AM »
Discuss.

I wouldn't classify that as the "White Christian's Nightmare"

I would classify it as the "Bigots Nightmare", ...or the "Bigot's Rallying Cry", ...or "Bigot's Mobilizer".
Many "white christians" as you call them are deluded, ...but they are not all bigots.
I find it not only unfair, ...but also offensive that you would imply that.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
I think both Iowa and NH are overwhelmingly white, which shows Obama is not just pulling the "black vote."  I'm sure a lot of people will vote against him because he is half black, but he has bridged the racial gap with a lot of voters. 

Romney's Mormanism doesn't bother me, but I'm sure some Christians will vote against him because of his religion. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 11:01:59 AM »
A real problem for Romney is the LDS church's drum-beating in regards to obedience.  It's a cornerstone of the Mormon faith and whether it's actually happening or not, many mainstream 'Christians' are going to question whether Romney is taking direction from his 'prophet' in Salt Lake City. 

The more you know about Mormonism, the more you will understand that having those reservations does *not* make them bigoted, no matter how I might've phrased the question. 

In regards to the fact that Obama is getting a lot of White support in New Hampshire, you have to remember that the last 2 Presidential elections have been decided by Middle America and my own bias is shown in the numbers.  I caution you into reading too much into the Iowa result.  A large number of students turned out to support Obama in eastern Iowa and that was not a true primary.  I have to believe we would've seen a much different result if they'd actually been voting, although I cannot offer any real estimates on what the numbers would've been.  Even still, though, we're only talking 7 electoral votes. 

I will add this, just so you know where I stand.  I have NO interest in supporting ANY Republican who comes off like a Bush clone in this next election.  I will even go so far as to say that I intend to support whichever non-Clinton Democrat gets the nomination.  In other words, I'm not campaigning against Romney because he's a liar and a Mormon.  I'm campaigning against him because he's a Bush clone and completely out of touch with the American people. 

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »
Romney is a liar.  He's been caught in numberous lies, by the media and by other Republican candidates. 

I would rather vote an honest purple person into office, than someone who looked like me, but lied to get the job.

Of course, I guess some ppl care more about race than integrity.

find me any politician that doesn't lie.  or any human for that matter.

because no one on these boards lie about their squat sessions!   :-*
W

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 12:22:10 PM »

because no one on these boards lie about their squat sessions!   :-*

You settle for a liar.  Interesting.

Me, I prefer to strive for honest leaders.  I have standards.  You should look into acquiring a few of your own.  You can actually improve situations when you don't settle.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 12:24:41 PM »

Do you settle for liars as co-workers?   If your employee steals or bills you for hours he didn't work, do you replace him with an honest employee, or do you just say "Hey, he's human!"

Do you settle for liars as spouses?   If your significant other fvcks the mailman and lies about it, do you kick her to the curb?  Or do you say "She's human, what the hell, let's have him over for dinner"?

You need standards, mighty.  Mitt has been caught in major lies and flipflopped on positions.  He is a dishonest person.  Do you want to give a dishonest person control over your country?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 12:26:14 PM »

because no one on these boards lie about their squat sessions!   :-*

Here's slap #3.

Please list Obama's lies.  You imploed that all politicans lie.  I can list several of Mitt's.  Please tell me what Obama has lied about.

Thank you. 

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 12:33:08 PM »
Here's slap #3.

Please list Obama's lies.  You imploed that all politicans lie.  I can list several of Mitt's.  Please tell me what Obama has lied about.

Thank you. 

man, somebody took something a little personal.   

calm down there chicken little
W

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 12:34:55 PM »
man, somebody took something a little personal.  

calm down there chicken little

Okay.  So you can't list Obama's lies then?

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 01:00:05 PM »
Okay.  So you can't list Obama's lies then?

you honestly believe i'm going to sit here and debate you about whether some polly has lied??
"dude", i have a job.

besides, do you think you have actually found the only washington polly who has never lied??  do you REALLY think that??
Now-
think about all the millions of gov't hating posts you have made and all the conspiracies you have accused the gov't of and say out loud to yourself:  Obama has never lied, Obama has never lied, Obama has never lied.
W

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 01:14:09 PM »

After the Oprah discussion I thought most everyone agreed that "color has nothing to do with it"   

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 01:55:31 PM »
Here's slap #3.

You imploed that all politicans lie.  I can list several of Mitt's. 

Rob, will you please list some?  Or direct me to the info please. 
R

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 03:39:27 PM »

After the Oprah discussion I thought most everyone agreed that "color has nothing to do with it"   

Oprah was the only other Black person (the first being Colin Powell) I felt could win the Presidency. 

I might end up being wrong about something! 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 03:55:21 PM »
Rob, will you please list some?  Or direct me to the info please. 

He lied about being a hunter.  He lied about the NRA endorsing him.  He lied about he and his dad marching with MLK.

He gave $ to planned parenthood - and then his wife took the blame for it.  He claims his accountant manages all his money - except this one, that his wife mysteriously did.

He changed positions on gay rights, abortion, gun control, and immigration.  He was a liberal when he got elected, and voted as a liberal.  Then he changed positions all in one week in 2007.
He admitted he lied to the voters to get elected - that he said things that weren't true about his positions.  Google any of these for more details.  All these things coming out is why Huck rose so fast - the religious base needed a candidate with integrity.  Mitt lies about little things, and big things.

Tim Russert interviewed Governor Romney on Meet the Press on December 16, 2007. In this interview Romney flat out states that his father, who has since passed away, marched with Martin Luther King. His father was Governor George Romney of Michigan. Romney went on and to his unfortunate use of words said that he saw his father march with Reverend King. Note the word saw since that will be key in this story.

The Detroit Free Press decided to delve into what Romney said and learned that not only was he wrong but he was not telling the truth. Let's face it we know what we saw and we know what we didn't see.

In the Meet the Press transcript I read questions asked about his Morman faith, about which he talked extensively. He also stated, "My dad marched with Martin Luther King.....You may recall that my dad walked out of the Republican convention in 1964 in San Francisco in part because Barry Goldwater, in his speech, gave my dad the impression that he was someone who was going to be weak on civil rights."

USA Today in Politics blog writers Mark Memmott and Jill Lawrence in an article called "Romney's claim that his father marched with King is being doubted" note that in his December 6 "Faith in America" address Romney stated that he "saw my father march with Martin Luther King."

In a Boston Globe article by Michael Levensonmon December 21 entitled "Romney never saw father on King march" he reported that "Mitt Romney acknowledged yesterday that he never saw his father march with Martin Luther King Jr. as he asserted in a nationally televised speech this month, and historical evidence shows that Michigan's Governor George Romney and the civil rights leader never did march together."

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 06:28:09 PM »
A real problem for Romney is the LDS church's drum-beating in regards to obedience.  It's a cornerstone of the Mormon faith and whether it's actually happening or not, many mainstream 'Christians' are going to question whether Romney is taking direction from his 'prophet' in Salt Lake City. 

Wasn't this the same criticism levelled against Kennedy,,, that the president would be taking his orders from the Pope?

The more you know about Mormonism, the more you will understand that having those reservations does *not* make them bigoted, no matter how I might've phrased the question. 

In regards to the fact that Obama is getting a lot of White support in New Hampshire, you have to remember that the last 2 Presidential elections have been decided by Middle America and my own bias is shown in the numbers.  I caution you into reading too much into the Iowa result.  A large number of students turned out to support Obama in eastern Iowa and that was not a true primary.  I have to believe we would've seen a much different result if they'd actually been voting, although I cannot offer any real estimates on what the numbers would've been.  Even still, though, we're only talking 7 electoral votes. 

I will add this, just so you know where I stand.  I have NO interest in supporting ANY Republican who comes off like a Bush clone in this next election.  I will even go so far as to say that I intend to support whichever non-Clinton Democrat gets the nomination.  In other words, I'm not campaigning against Romney because he's a liar and a Mormon.  I'm campaigning against him because he's a Bush clone and completely out of touch with the American people. 

Personally, I think any president who would take steps to avoid or avert total Armaggedon on this planet would be shunned by Christians. They want that, and they want it ASAP. It brings them that much closer to the rapture.  ::)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 06:29:36 PM »

I've never lied about my squat sessions.  :D
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »
Wasn't this the same criticism levelled against Kennedy,,, that the president would be taking his orders from the Pope?

Yes, but there is a *huge* disconnect between the American Catholic church and the Vatican especially when compared to the relationship between the LDS 'prophet' in Salt Lake City and his members. 

Personally, I think any president who would take steps to avoid or avert total Armaggedon on this planet would be shunned by Christians. They want that, and they want it ASAP. It brings them that much closer to the rapture.  ::)

LOL

They can have their rapture, but I've got stuff to do before I go!