Author Topic: Saw Van Halen Concert last night - VIDEO PAGE 4  (Read 24207 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
Re: Saw Van Halen Concert last night - VIDEO PAGE 4
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2008, 04:54:26 AM »
Hmm, al. I like a lot of the songs and Sammy seems like a cool guy, but I gotta go with the Diamond Dave era. So over the top and raunchy, less ballady and 'mass-marketed.' I'm old(er) and I can still remember the summer when 1984 came out...it was pumping out of every car window and everyone had those huge ghetto blasters throwing the songs out over the waterfront. The sun was shining, the girls were unsiliconed and I was still unjaded. It was glorious.  :)
The only good thing about that album is the keyboard intro. The rest? Garbage.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2008, 05:14:22 AM »
The only good thing about that album is the keyboard intro. The rest? Garbage.
Jeeez. My post was more a nod to nostalgia than studied rock criticism -ie. 1984 is not a seminal album but is still played today and I have fond memories of it. But, I suppose, as usual, the point of your post was - yet again - to show everybody how 'intelligent' you are and how stupid we are. Man, your gimmick is enervating.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2008, 05:16:35 AM »
Jeeez. My post was more a nod to nostalgia than studied rock criticism -ie. 1984 is not a seminal album but is still played today and I have fond memories of it. But, I suppose, as usual, the point of your post was - yet again - to show everybody how 'intelligent' you are and how stupid we are. Man, your gimmick is enervating.
On the contrary. My post was just my opinion. The album, 1984, as per Van Halen in general is hugely overrated.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2008, 05:25:38 AM »
Shallow al, i shall address your ludicrous surmises and idiotic comments in no particular order.
First, may we recall the fact that it was yourself that initially (to use your words) "hunted me down," and decided to undertake an attack on my person and supreme postal ability. The fact that a certain amount of exchanges have indeed occurred since your initial attack does not constitute the ridiculous allegation of board stalking. Clearly you must have been intellectually intimidated by me in the first case, hence your initial personal assault. Moreover, I address the fact by poseing the question:Would these exchanges be currently occurring if we subtract your initial attack? I think that we both are aware of the answer to that question.
Second, with regard to the so-called "hitting upon you." Indeed, I have made the occasional comment on the belief that you may have possessed a sense of humour and do not take yourself too seriously. Clearly I am wrong on both counts. Furthermore, your odd reaction to this aforementioned banter raises the question in my mind that perhaps you are uncomfortable with your sexuality and perhaps you may have "something to tell the board" perhaps? My reasoning concerning this matter is buttressed by the fact that you often make reference to any success that I may have (and have) with members of the opposite sex. This indicates that you may indeed be covering up your true sexuality by constantly feeling the need to address females and simultaneously, convince yourself that you have no "problems," whilst keeping the board *off scent* of the truth. As stated, this is an hypothesis, but one in which seems to be bolstered by evidence.
Next, I am an authority on the *sport* of bodybuilding, as can be deduced from a sample of my previous posts concerning the subject. This answer can also encompass your next allegation, that that I have allegedly "latched on" to the posters donkeykong and mars. Indeed, the aforementioned posters are members of the getbig big6 and by definition we are all especially skilled in the area of bodybuilding knowledge and overall wisdom of life in general. I have by no means "latched on" to the said posters;we were chosen for this task.
Finally, with regard to my life "revolving around a bodybuilding internet board," the most succinct answer to that I can provide is: no it does not. I suppose that I derive a certain amount of pleasure performing my role (together with the other big6 members) of being ambassadors of the forum, and it does bring a wry smile to my face when seeing your respones become ever more aggressive and desperate in their context. However, those points do not in any way indicate that my life "revolves around the board." Remember shallow al, you have over 6000 posts. Now, who's life did you say revolves around a bodybuilding board??

(Determinator:Official getbig big 6 member)

::)

nice job wasting your time, I'm not even gonna read that crap.  Nice to know you spent all night typing that out and I'm not even gonna look at it. :-\

just go away.

Hmm, al. I like a lot of the songs and Sammy seems like a cool guy, but I gotta go with the Diamond Dave era. So over the top and raunchy, less ballady and 'mass-marketed.' I'm old(er) and I can still remember the summer when 1984 came out...it was pumping out of every car window and everyone had those huge ghetto blasters throwing the songs out over the waterfront. The sun was shining, the girls were unsiliconed and I was still unjaded. It was glorious.  :)

VH during the Sammy years had alot of good rockin songs.  Ed was really into keyboards during the early Hagar years and the record company ran with that, VH did a total of 8 keyboard songs when Hagar was in the band and all of them were pretty much released as singles. So instead of hearing some of the great rock songs they did like Judgement Day, 5150, Seventh Seal and so on people got to hear Feels so Good and Love Walks In.  I like the keyboard stuff cause it shows a different side to the band and it made them very popular and sold alot of records but I wouldn't have minded hearing the rockin songs on the radio.
nasser=piece of shit

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2008, 05:27:03 AM »

nice job wasting your time, I'm not even gonna read that crap.  Nice to know you spent all night typing that out and I'm not even gonna look at it. :-\

just go away.

VH during the Sammy years had alot of good rockin songs.  Ed was really into keyboards during the early Hagar years and the record company ran with that, VH did a total of 8 keyboard songs when Hagar was in the band and all of them were pretty much released as singles. So instead of hearing some of the great rock songs they did like Judgement Day, 5150, Seventh Seal and so on people got to hear Feels so Good and Love Walks In.  I like the keyboard stuff cause it shows a different side to the band and it made them very popular and sold alot of records but I wouldn't have minded hearing the rockin songs on the radio.
Nothing surprises me there, shallow al-you can't read or write.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2008, 05:29:32 AM »
Nothing surprises me there, shallow al-you can't read or write.

nahhhh.....I just don't waste my time with garbage like you.

I make a pretty good living for someone who can't read or write  ;D

don't you have to go find the dirivitive of something?  get the fuck out of here.
nasser=piece of shit

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2008, 05:30:32 AM »

just go away.

You forgot to mention the keyboard dominated tones of "I'll wait." Yeah, an "expert" aren't you, shallow al. Mind you, the title of that tune pretty much sums up your life story.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2008, 05:32:46 AM »
nahhhh.....I just don't waste my time with garbage like you.

I make a pretty good living for someone who can't read or write  ;D

don't you have to go find the dirivitive of something?  get the fuck out of here.
Of course shallow al. You state:"I just don't waste my time with garbage like you."
Yes, that is why you interact with me and insist on showing your true colours as the board's fiend without a face, stalking members around.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2008, 05:37:56 AM »
You forgot to mention the keyboard dominated tones of "I'll wait." Yeah, an "expert" aren't you, shallow al. Mind you, the title of that tune pretty much sums up your life story.

lessie...thesee are the keyboard "songs" done by VH during the Sammy years which I was referring to:

why can't this be love
dreams
love walks in
mine all mine
when it's love
feels so good
right now
not enough

that's 8.

you read like you post-like garbage.

if you throw in the dave songs you've got

jump
I'll wait
and the cradle will rock

throw in the instrumentals

strung out
sunday afternoon in the park

so there you have it.

Of course shallow al. You state:"I just don't waste my time with garbage like you."
Yes, that is why you interact with me and insist on showing your true colours as the board's fiend without a face, stalking members around.

here's what my response will be to all your garbage posts from now on cause your wasting my time:

you're just trying to hard.  do you really think you're gonna get under my skin?
nasser=piece of shit

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2008, 05:40:44 AM »
lessie...thesee are the keyboard "songs" done by VH during the Sammy years which I was referring to:

why can't this be love
dreams
love walks in
mine all mine
when it's love
feels so good
right now
not enough

that's 8.

you read like you post-like garbage.

if you throw in the dave songs you've got

jump
I'll wait
and the cradle will rock

throw in the instrumentals

strung out
sunday afternoon in the park

so there you have it.

here's what my response will be to all your garbage posts from now on cause your wasting my time:

you're just trying to hard.  do you really think you're gonna get under my skin?
I have or had absolutely no intentions of "getting under your skin." Nice to see that you have finally decided to surrender. The weak horse can only race with the thouroughbread for so long.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: May 03, 2008, 05:41:29 AM »
I have or had absolutely no intentions of "getting under your skin." Nice to see that you have finally decided to surrender. The weak horse can only race with the thouroughbread for so long.
nasser=piece of shit

Determinator

• Getbig IV

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2008, 07:11:47 AM »
Wow. You really know your VH. When I think back, I really like the first 3 albums, especially the first - a real rock declaration! Looking back at the later VH albums, and the '80's in general, too many groups went MOR to the point of inanity - ZZTop took that that to its apogee when they turned their cool Tres Hombres Texas blues into arena robot rock.  :-X

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2008, 07:22:32 AM »
Wow. You really know your VH. When I think back, I really like the first 3 albums, especially the first - a real rock declaration! Looking back at the later VH albums, and the '80's in general, too many groups went MOR to the point of inanity - ZZTop took that that to its apogee when they turned their cool Tres Hombres Texas blues into arena robot rock.  :-X

thanks.

the thing with van halen and hagar is this:  Sammy always did ballady songs when he was a solo artist, not so much cause he was using them to just sell records he just did them.  Ed was really into keyboards when sammy joined.  Dave didn't really dig the keyboard stuff and Sammy didn't have a problem with them.  Warner bros really jumped on the keyboard orientated stuff and it was huge at the time.  Why Can't this be love, Dreams, Jump, I'll Wait, Love Walks in, When it's love and the rest were all huge songs and sold tons of records for the band.  If you notice as time went on Ed kinda moved away from the keyboards-FUCK only had one song (even though 2 more were recorded for the record-The Wish and....I think the name of the other one was You never know but i could be wrong)...anyway I think if Dave would have let Ed play keys earlier it would have been more spread out and not so concentrated in the Sammy years.

the story goes that ed started on piano, he was so good he won like 3 state titles in cali and he couldn't read a note of music, he just watched his instructors hands and did what he did. 

threre are tons of good rockin songs from the hagar years but that era isn't really associated with those by the general public, listen to a song like judgement day or 5150...those are just great songs.
nasser=piece of shit

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2008, 07:49:41 AM »
thanks.

the thing with van halen and hagar is this:  Sammy always did ballady songs when he was a solo artist, not so much cause he was using them to just sell records he just did them.  Ed was really into keyboards when sammy joined.  Dave didn't really dig the keyboard stuff and Sammy didn't have a problem with them.  Warner bros really jumped on the keyboard orientated stuff and it was huge at the time.  Why Can't this be love, Dreams, Jump, I'll Wait, Love Walks in, When it's love and the rest were all huge songs and sold tons of records for the band.  If you notice as time went on Ed kinda moved away from the keyboards-FUCK only had one song (even though 2 more were recorded for the record-The Wish and....I think the name of the other one was You never know but i could be wrong)...anyway I think if Dave would have let Ed play keys earlier it would have been more spread out and not so concentrated in the Sammy years.

the story goes that ed started on piano, he was so good he won like 3 state titles in cali and he couldn't read a note of music, he just watched his instructors hands and did what he did. 

threre are tons of good rockin songs from the hagar years but that era isn't really associated with those by the general public, listen to a song like judgement day or 5150...those are just great songs.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2008, 10:17:21 AM »
Here you go...Enjoy !!

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f62/

went there this morning for the first time in along time, great site....got alot of stuff for the old IPOD.

Thanks!!

oh, yeah....

::) ::)

take that!
nasser=piece of shit

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2008, 01:34:44 PM »
went there this morning for the first time in along time, great site....got alot of stuff for the old IPOD.

Thanks!!
oh, yeah....

::) ::)

take that!
Oh, and I'm not some Sammy dillettante, I have a few Montrose tunes on my MP3 player.  ;)

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2008, 02:37:31 PM »
Oh, and I'm not some Sammy dillettante, I have a few Montrose tunes on my MP3 player.  ;)

1st montrose disk = classic!
nasser=piece of shit

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2008, 04:30:17 PM »
you ever been to Cabo  Al?

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2008, 06:48:36 PM »
you ever been to Cabo  Al?

nahh.  maybe soon.

I hear it's great there.

I did just download VH's 1992 Cabo performance from guitars101 though ;D
nasser=piece of shit

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
cmon,cmom,cmom,baby bottoms up....well i'm feeling better ,now that were're through,feeling better i'm over you...

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »
well i'm feeling better ,now that were're through,feeling better i'm over you...

one of the few VH songs I really don't like  ???
nasser=piece of shit

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2008, 08:08:49 PM »
one of the few VH songs I really don't like  ???
probably because linda rondstadt sang it ,good lead though,i like vh2,lighting up the sky,,,now i'm down dirty ,dressed in rags ,she put a dirty faced kid in a garbage can,i'm alone ,out on the highway ,dead or alive.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2008, 12:28:42 PM »
"Were gettin funny in the back of my car,I'm sorry honey if I took it just a little to far."

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2008, 12:35:10 PM »
"slip and slide...push it in...bitch sure got the rythm..holding back, yeah I got control.." :o :o :o :o
nasser=piece of shit