SARMS
« on: February 01, 2023, 05:22:17 AM »
 what´s the score here?

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
Re: SARMS
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 05:33:31 AM »
Ive seen post SARM cycle blood-work, where it looks horrible and people are getting shut-down hard.
Nothing "safe" or "side effect free" about them.

Have seen many use them safely on the flip side. I guess its like anything, depends on the person and their use/approach...
Young folks should not go near them IMO...

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 06:04:05 AM »
How long have SARMS been around, and how long have they been in mainstream use?

Are the people doing them essentially guinea pigs? And if so, do they know they are?

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 10:40:50 AM »
SARMs are for people like Bostin Lloyd AKA loveable retards

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 10:47:16 AM »
SARMS have been in use for about 10 years. People like to compare them to steroids but the efdects are different.

SARMS true medical use is to stop muscle wasting in diseases like cancer or aids/hiv patients. You won't see dramatic results but you should maintain your muscle mass while on a cut but your not going to see the muscle growth like with AAS.

SARMS are all over the place with consistency of blood work and effectiveness.  I've used the GH "sarm" 3 times from 3 different companies.  Once it worked unbelievably well, the other 2 times it didn't work at all. The gh one isn't technically a sarm though.

Look up "SARMs and loss of appetite and/or constipation" it will give you a good idea of what to expect.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2023, 10:57:53 AM »
like many "androgenic" substances they all end up suppressing some aspect of the system and homeostasis will be fucked

Ive seen a lot of little skinny twinks totally suppress their estrogen after a few weeks of a certain popular SARM - they get depressed, can't grow , no appetite

and I didn't know they were "legal" - I know the IOC has banned them, same as UFC they test for them too

I guess if your a basic bitch gym Twink they are "legal"

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2023, 11:24:49 AM »
Bostin Lloyd was a big fan of SARMS

RIP

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2023, 07:38:22 PM »
Are the people doing them essentially guinea pigs? And if so, do they know they are?

Yes and most likely no.

Most people are led to believe they are safe when they aren't.

That's the attraction. They are sold as a "safe" alternative to steroids.

Steroids in moderation are not going to hurt you.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2023, 08:52:44 PM »
All I know is I was the first one to use a SARM (Ostarine) in a dietary supplement, I believe it was in 2011.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2023, 10:04:57 PM »
They definitely work.

Basically they are steroids just supposedly more selective and with less side-effects.

I have used Ostarine, RAD-140 and the secretagogue MK-677.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2023, 10:10:25 PM »
They definitely work.

Basically they are steroids just supposedly more selective and with less side-effects.

No basically they're nothing like a steroid, they're not hormones.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2023, 01:18:29 AM »
They definitely work.

What were your gains on them?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2023, 03:21:47 AM »
They definitely work.

They were an attempt to separate the anabolic from the androgenic and to get away from the stigma of the word steroid. They failed. Why can't a steroid be sarm? They can' depending on how you view things. Most of us remember that paper calling Trenbolone a SARM. In fact all anabolic steroids were attempts at selective compounds.

I don't see a real practical difference between steroids and SARMS, except I would go for more proven compounds.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2023, 03:25:21 AM »
If SARMS   causes so many negative side effects...why is it legal?  :-\

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2023, 03:49:48 AM »
What were your gains on them?

Ostarine: 2 kg's very lean muscle gain, very high strength increase and helped heal a nagging shoulder injury (7 weeks, 12.5 mg)

RAD-140:  10 kgs weight gain, extreme muscle pumps while training and some increase in strength (10 weeks, 10 mg)

MK-677: helps considerably with recovery time and joints feel good.

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2023, 04:03:23 AM »
All I know is I was the first one to use a SARM (Ostarine) in a dietary supplement, I believe it was in 2011.

another milestone in your greatness?

Why not stay in the legally compliant ingredient business?

How many idiots using street made SARMS will get diabetes or cancer, it will be quite a few. So should idiots like you be charged with selling poison or ingredients that induce, may induce cancer (knowingly harming another)?

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2023, 04:58:30 AM »
those "labs" Tony huge had setup in Thailand DID NOT look sophisticated whatsoever

looks about 1/2 as complicated as finaplix-H setup

if these cmopounds are so legal why did Tony Huge. a lawyer, go halfway around the world to produce them

oh and that guy "Trevor" looks like a genius too, can't stand seeing guys "cook" anabolic substances up in cutoffs and do-rags , injecting and trying the "supply" - really makes you secure with cleanliness and professionalism of the project

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2023, 07:15:27 AM »

????

I thought Ergopharm sold in 2009???  Seems like it was out in like 2008 or so
A

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2023, 10:50:39 AM »
????

I thought Ergopharm sold in 2009???  Seems like it was out in like 2008 or so

Do some more research.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2023, 12:14:35 PM »
another milestone in your greatness?

Why not stay in the legally compliant ingredient business?

How many idiots using street made SARMS will get diabetes or cancer, it will be quite a few. So should idiots like you be charged with selling poison or ingredients that induce, may induce cancer (knowingly harming another)?

No not really, but I do find it interesting when we came out with Osta Rx (it contained several botanicals + Ostarine) nobody knew what a SARM was.

We have not made/sold a product containing a SARM since 2015, nor used any ingredients that are not FDA compliant.

I don't think I would call SARMS poison when there are currently 3 pharmaceutical companies developing a SARM as an RX drug, Gtx being the most notable with Ostarine.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2023, 12:41:23 PM »
I was in a supplement shop yesterday. They were selling SARMS on the shelf. I have never seen that before. I looked at one of the bottles label.

It had:
MK677
Ostarine
YK11
And arimistane

I can't imagine who would buy this. I asked the woman behind the counter if they sold a lot and she said yes.

Holy fuck. Take that for a week or two and you would feel like absolute shit.

Though I read YK11 is some kind of myostatin inhibitor and an actual AAS.

As noted SARMS are suppressive. You can shut down your estrogen with ostarine,  the mk677 makes you lethargic , adding armistane when already suppressed seems idiotic. Then YK11... an actual steroid? Supposedly but what kind? And ive never ever heard of an actual myostatin inhibitor that actually works. Just can't imagine consuming this let alone paying to do so.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2023, 12:49:15 PM »
I was in a supplement shop yesterday. They were selling SARMS on the shelf. I have never seen that before. I looked at one of the bottles label.

It had:
MK677
Ostarine
YK11
And arimistane

I can't imagine who would buy this. I asked the woman behind the counter if they sold a lot and she said yes.

Holy fuck. Take that for a week or two and you would feel like absolute shit.

Though I read YK11 is some kind of myostatin inhibitor and an actual AAS.

As noted SARMS are suppressive. You can shut down your estrogen with ostarine,  the mk677 makes you lethargic , adding armistane when already suppressed seems idiotic. Then YK11... an actual steroid? Supposedly but what kind? And ive never ever heard of an actual myostatin inhibitor that actually works. Just can't imagine consuming this let alone paying to do so.

They're idiots, look at the dates on the following indictments.

https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/press-releases/owner-sport-supplement-company-sentenced-unlawful-distribution-steroid-drugs

https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/press-releases/chiropractor-sentenced-unlawful-distribution-steroid-drugs

https://www.fda.gov/inspections-compliance-enforcement-and-criminal-investigations/press-releases/owner-texas-sport-supplement-company-pleads-guilty-unlawful-distribution-steroid-drugs

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2023, 03:34:11 PM »
Do some more research.

There's not much to research and I'm not trying to be a dick to you.  I know it was produced pharma in the 90's but beyond that there's no actual reference to who decided it would be good idea to sell it as dietary supplements.   The reference listed in Wikipedia is 2013 but I know they came out earlier.   
A

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2023, 03:46:53 PM »

There's not much to research and I'm not trying to be a dick to you.  I know it was produced pharma in the 90's but beyond that there's no actual reference to who decided it would be good idea to sell it as dietary supplements.   The reference listed in Wikipedia is 2013 but I know they came out earlier.   

I just told you that we were the first supplement company to use a SARM (Ostarine) around 2011.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2023, 04:34:07 PM »
If it were me I’d rather take regular gear, at least you know what you can expect and mitigate side effects.