Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

reasonable sources list

(1/5) > >>

Agnostic007:
It occurred to me that in this political section of Getbig it is common for some of us to post links to support a position. Most often the sources are immediately dismissed offhand and therefore useless. Either the source is deemed far right or far left. Ok, there are two charts out there that show bias among news sources. What if we agreed to only post news sources from either the Center of the All Sides chart or the Most Reliable section of the Ad Fontes chart or a combination of both. Unless a source appears in either section, it's not to be used.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/media-literacy/2021/should-you-trust-media-bias-charts/

Just a thought.. 

Agnostic007:
Here is a bias chart on Fact Checks

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/fact-check-bias-chart

illuminati:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on May 23, 2023, 10:02:26 PM ---It occurred to me that in this political section of Getbig it is common for some of us to post links to support a position. Most often the sources are immediately dismissed offhand and therefore useless. Either the source is deemed far right or far left. Ok, there are two charts out there that show bias among news sources. What if we agreed to only post news sources from either the Center of the All Sides chart or the Most Reliable section of the Ad Fontes chart or a combination of both. Unless a source appears in either section, it's not to be used.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/media-literacy/2021/should-you-trust-media-bias-charts/

Just a thought..

--- End quote ---

Houston we have a problem BBC & Reuter's are both heavily left bias.
Let alone how much BBC censor what news it puts out.

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: illuminati on May 23, 2023, 10:14:29 PM ---Houston we have a problem BBC & Reuter's are both heavily left bias.
Let alone how much BBC censor what news it puts out.

--- End quote ---

I think we can all agree we will never completely agree because of our biases. Neither of those are far left in my opinion and I'm surprised you feel that way but that is your opinion, and that's cool. That's why I am proposing using either or both generally acknowledged charts as the standard. From reading about them, while they may not be perfect, a lot of effort was put into them to make them as accurate as possible.

As far as the BBC, at least one, maybe both of the charts only rate US political news. So while you may be correct about censoring, it appears their reporting on US political news falls within the center category. If we don't come up with some criteria, we'll just keep seeing a lot of Gateway Pundit and Breitbart links that I hope we can agree are pretty far right leaning.

illuminati:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on May 23, 2023, 10:27:51 PM ---I think we can all agree we will never completely agree because of our biases. Neither of those are far left in my opinion and I'm surprised you feel that way but that is your opinion, and that's cool. That's why I am proposing using either or both generally acknowledged charts as the standard. From reading about them, while they may not be perfect, a lot of effort was put into them to make them as accurate as possible.

As far as the BBC, at least one, maybe both of the charts only rate US political news. So while you may be correct about censoring, it appears their reporting on US political news falls within the center category. If we don't come up with some criteria, we'll just keep seeing a lot of Gateway Pundit and Breitbart links that I hope we can agree are pretty far right leaning.

--- End quote ---

BBC in UK are totally Leftist that's not up for debate.
There as bad as Gateway/ Breitbart - They're a joke.

As for reuters , they're leftist bias though not as extreme as BBC.

Finding decent honest Truthful & Factual news on any MSM is almost impossible,
Thats the state of MSM 'Journalism'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version