Author Topic: OPinions  (Read 1269 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
OPinions
« on: February 22, 2007, 12:33:28 PM »
I know most hate BTN pulldowns and some like them.  I am thinking of adding them put guys like Shawn Ray say they are not a mass erxercise and others say that they are good for upper back and trap mass.  Just curious as to your experiences guys
Squishy face retard

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: OPinions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 02:49:18 PM »
I'll do behind the neck chins (weighted). Which for me and a lot of other guy's, hit the posterior delts and middle back more than a direct lat exercise. Hits the lower traps to a lesser extent. Also can give a different slant on flexability and stretch.  Pulldowns can be akin to this type of muscle response. Guy's who just use BTN pulldowns never seem to get that full look to the back and lat's. Just my view. Good luck.
F

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 02:53:10 PM »
I'll do behind the neck chins (weighted).

Franco did them and look what happened...

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 04:56:24 PM »
pulldowns or chins behind the neck are good for add  mass  in the upper back/traps area.  you just have to work in your limits.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 04:39:21 AM »
Have always included them at the end of a back routine, and they are good for width in the upper back area, and also definition on lower traps/rear delts.

Keep em in there, if you see no improvments then buy some muscletech  ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 06:21:31 AM »
Have always included them at the end of a back routine, and they are good for width in the upper back area, and also definition on lower traps/rear delts.

Keep em in there, if you see no improvments then buy some muscletech  ;D
Naw I was thinking the Dbal and Dekka and all the other fake steroid named products, plus the BSN stack and just pushups.  I'll show you all.   ;D

For real though, I think I try them in the middle or end.  Hell, like Mike said Franco (and Arnold) did them and had good upper backs.
Squishy face retard

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 10:34:27 PM »
Anything can be a mass exercise. Pulldowns to the front, to the back - same difference. I felt a better squeeze doing them to the back, but overall it's just a pulling movement. Just concentrate on form and do everything else right and you'll grow.