Author Topic: Fasting...  (Read 10975 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Fasting...
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2007, 10:50:05 AM »
Oh she 'digs it', Tapeworm 8)

If you ever get a girlfriend [a real one, not 'Lady of the Midnight Fortress' from World of Warcraft] maybe she'll do it to you!

You're a good sport UK.  ;D

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2007, 10:59:51 AM »
Carb-depletion doesn't usually feel "good" until you hit ketosis (pale pink when
reading your Ketostix).  This is the "bad breath stage", after which you're high as a kite.  Training-wise, the wind had left my sails.  To conserve energy, all of my bodily systems were operating at half-power.  Yes, it's GOOD to get to know your body, Efirkey.  Heightened self-awareness can increase both self-appreciation and performance.  Deprivation has been one of my best teachers.  You don't know whatcha got til it's gone; and I didn't appreciate food until I went without.  Just as they do in two-thirds of the world. 
Was it hard to concentrate on things? Would you recommend this for someone with an office job?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2007, 11:11:17 AM »
5 days water only. Lose hunger after about 2-3 days and feel kind of high.
Why? Too see what its like.
When I started eating, I was not hungry at 1st, but then it became uncontrollable.
Couldn't shove it down fast enough, or stop ;D.
Simmilar to munchies, Wait... I did have munchies.. ;D

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2007, 06:13:50 AM »
Carb-depletion doesn't usually feel "good" until you hit ketosis (pale pink when
reading your Ketostix).  This is the "bad breath stage", after which you're high as a kite.  Training-wise, the wind had left my sails.  To conserve energy, all of my bodily systems were operating at half-power.  Yes, it's GOOD to get to know your body, Efirkey.  Heightened self-awareness can increase both self-appreciation and performance.  Deprivation has been one of my best teachers.  You don't know whatcha got til it's gone; and I didn't appreciate food until I went without.  Just as they do in two-thirds of the world. 

I have fasted for three days before and felt great energy wise by the third and fourth day and my mind was very clear and my concentration was off the charts.

I never got to the stage were my lungs hurt though.  Which day was that?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2007, 10:29:27 AM »
Me, the "Diet Diva", as an experiment for IRONMAN.  I consumed only distilled water for 17 days, and lost 35 pounds in the process.  Felt like I'd also lost a
lung.  Began GENTLE training on Day 5, after my appetite had completely
vanished.  IT WAS THE BEST THING I EVER DID for myself.  I was like an alcoholic getting off the bottle. I learned not only about my relationship with food, but my
terribly undernourished ego.  BTW, I'm really glad you're exploring this topic because it's a very unpopular thing to do.  Very cult.  And there's no commercial interests driving it, so folks aren't hip to the benefits.  

Understanding my relationship with food was another one of the benefits I enjoyed. 
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2007, 10:41:24 AM »
Understanding my relationship with food was another one of the benefits I enjoyed. 

You ought to see what the poor folks by the canals in Thailand eat... ::)   and not much of it.
When I moved, we cleaned frige and gave away everything to the housekeeper that lived down by the cannal.
Oh, she was so gratefull for green Meat! Now you or I would get very sick, they are used to it.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2007, 11:04:08 AM »
I've been told that "jugged hare" involves skinning a rabbit, boiling it, sticking it in a jar, and burying it in the back yard for a couple months.  Then they dig it up, all nice and mushy and decomposed, and dip their crackers in it.  The English are bonkers.  :-X

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2007, 12:18:48 PM »
in Thai "Pla Ra" translates litterly to Fish-rotten! :( :-X :'(

You ever uncork Fish emulsion fertalizer? THATS IT!!
They roll up vegies in it and eat it. (The poorer village PPl & some others that LIKE IT ::))

I didnt think my wife understood biology and explained "if you look under a microscope, you'd see it moving".   
  Her reply - "You dont need no microscope, get close and you can see it move w/ your eye. Touch the jar, it's warmer then the air!"
       Note: Air temp 100F+

Some of The poor dont have much to eat there. It'll spin your head what you see in a Northern market.
Lots of good stuff to though.

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2007, 12:49:24 PM »
Only on Getbig - a bodybuilding website - do morons rant on about fasting. Sometimes i honestly believe everyone on here is a gimmic, and i'm the target of some enormous practical joke.

Fasting for bodybuilders. Whatever next ::)
Giving your digestive system a complete rest is similar to taking a lay-off
from training.  It's a vacation of sorts: yr vacating the GI tract and giving
your metabolic processes A REST, while practising another discipline.

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2007, 01:00:07 PM »
Was it hard to concentrate on things? Would you recommend this for someone with an office job?
NOT recommended for anyone with ANYthing else to do
other than fast and rest.  Otherwise, you might use work/school/training/socializing--or any activity--as a reason to eat.  On my 17-day fast, I did
it all, but on my own time and at my own pace.  It's something you really
have to plan for.   

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2007, 01:01:58 PM »
hahahahahahaa, oh brother. ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2007, 01:39:49 PM »
Sometimes i honestly believe everyone on here is a gimmic, and i'm the target of some enormous practical joke.

Exactly.  Just above the main board is a board everyone but you can see, and in there we (all the gimmicks that exist here to perpetuate the joke, ie every poster but you) plot out how we're next going to mess with you.   ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

ramazon

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2007, 01:56:28 PM »

Exactly.  Just above the main board is a board everyone but you can see, and in there we (all the gimmicks that exist here to perpetuate the joke, ie every poster but you) plot out how we're next going to mess with you.   ::)
Narcissistic Personality Disorder anyone?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »

This "UK Gold" character lets his girlfriend assfuck him with a strap-on (seriously... no joke).  I wonder if that's a manifestation of NPD?  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2007, 02:04:34 PM »
This "UK Gold" character lets his girlfriend assfuck him with a strap-on (seriously... no joke).  I wonder if that's a manifestation of NPD?  ;D
that sounds like Hank Wood

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »
how did you learn meditation?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2007, 11:52:24 AM »
years of practice...
w

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »

how about an ego maniac with an inferiority complex?  ::)
X

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2008, 11:28:24 AM »
For as long as I can remember I would fast during Ramadan, for 30 days from sunrise to sunset no food or water.  Few years back I could still train fine, but the last 2 years or so, its been a real hassle, last Ramadan I hardly trained.  I most likely will not be fasting this year and later, as it messes so much with my training and how I feel in general, and I'm dealing with some personal religious issues right now, so I dunno LOL  I'm over it!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2008, 12:15:29 PM »
Fasting is stupid!  ::) Especially if you're a bodybuilder!

Tell that to some of the old-school bodybuilders (i.e. Vince Gironda) who did that to help clean out and detox their systems.