Author Topic: Oldtimer1  (Read 421738 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: Oldtimer1
« Reply #1300 on: July 24, 2020, 03:18:37 AM »
Wonder if I should make my own board.

Better get your own temperature checked.

Hope your son recovers quickly.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1301 on: July 24, 2020, 10:03:06 AM »
Turns out the vertigo and nausea was the result of his migraine headaches. He has no temperature and didn't realize the symptoms as they came on strong. He's recovering today. Thanks for the concern. Yesterday I came up from the basement and he said he was very sick and thought initially it was covid.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1302 on: July 24, 2020, 10:57:09 AM »
Great to hear it's not Covid but sorry to hear about the migraines.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1303 on: July 24, 2020, 06:44:48 PM »

Thanks

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #1304 on: July 24, 2020, 06:49:02 PM »

Good news, indeed!  Hope all goes well!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1305 on: July 24, 2020, 06:54:21 PM »
Trained delt and arms today. More of the usual. Helped the wife baby sit my one and half year old grand daughter. I am wiped out beyond belief. No wonder most women can't have kids after 50. You have to be in constant motion for hours. I'm shot. She wanted to go out in a rain storm and put on her rain boots. I couldn't find an umbrella so I grabbed the picnic bench giant umbrella and ran with her holding that giant thing. She likes Gene Kelly during that Dancing in the rain scene. Here I am dancing with the biggest umbrella looking like a fool but she got it. I could tell she got the connection between one of her favorite videos and me with the umbrella singing completely out of tune by her smile.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1306 on: July 25, 2020, 08:44:10 AM »
Trained delt and arms today. More of the usual. Helped the wife baby sit my one and half year old grand daughter. I am wiped out beyond belief. No wonder most women can't have kids after 50. You have to be in constant motion for hours. I'm shot. She wanted to go out in a rain storm and put on her rain boots. I couldn't find an umbrella so I grabbed the picnic bench giant umbrella and ran with her holding that giant thing. She likes Gene Kelly during that Dancing in the rain scene. Here I am dancing with the biggest umbrella looking like a fool but she got it. I could tell she got the connection between one of her favorite videos and me with the umbrella singing completely out of tune by her smile.

That is a great film!  I just watched "Hello Dolly" from '69 which was directed by Gene Kelly.  I enjoy a good musical and one of my favorites is "Guys and Dolls". 

Today I will train back and chest.  Got a good  bill of health yesterday and so I am allowed to proceed toward "Intensity...Intensified"!   ;) ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1307 on: July 25, 2020, 05:01:29 PM »
That is a great film!  I just watched "Hello Dolly" from '69 which was directed by Gene Kelly.  I enjoy a good musical and one of my favorites is "Guys and Dolls". 

Today I will train back and chest.  Got a good  bill of health yesterday and so I am allowed to proceed toward "Intensity...Intensified"!   ;) ;D

I just watched Guys and Dolls two weeks ago. Great seeing Sinatra in it. Today I ran for two miles then destroyed any benefit of the run by drinking in the pool for hours. It was  good Saturday though.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #1308 on: July 27, 2020, 05:49:42 PM »
I am going to make a concerted effort to limit my Getbig activity

Does that mean you'll be spending all that extra free time in downtown Portland?
:

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1309 on: July 27, 2020, 06:02:02 PM »
I just watched Guys and Dolls two weeks ago. Great seeing Sinatra in it. Today I ran for two miles then destroyed any benefit of the run by drinking in the pool for hours. It was  good Saturday though.

It's a great film and Sinatra is my personal favorite singer.   One of my Aunts went to school with Marlon Brando.  I've seen the pictures from then.  They were great friends and of course she followed his career throughout the years.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1310 on: July 28, 2020, 04:23:29 PM »
Trained early morning while everyone in my house slept. Strange lifting with earbuds.  I normally blast the stereo.  I find lifting early morning is tough. Once I get warmed up it all starts going but in the beginning I just want to can it and go back to bed. LOL.

Pulldowns 2 x 10
Seated long cable rows 2 x 12
DB lat row with one knee on a bench 2 x 10
Reverse grip pulldown 2 x 10

Decline dumbbell bench 2 x 8
Decline flies 2 x 10 (These hurt my shoulder a little)
Weighted dips 2 x 10
Push ups 2 x max

Deadlifts 2 x 4
Weighted back extensions 2 x 15

Weighted crunch 1 x 55
Pulley crunch 1 x 50

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1311 on: July 29, 2020, 04:13:43 PM »
Ran two miles at a 9:30 per mile pace early before work. Only on other soul on the trail by my house and it was a young 25 or so year old girl who waved and smiled. It's a runner thing. You mainly run by yourself and when you see another runner especially on an isolated trail you feel like someone is sharing your misery.  ;D

I did a slight pump for arms and delts with 15lbs dumbbells. Just wanted to loosen up my achy joints with some light pump sets. I usually hit the heavy bag after a run but I wanted to give my body a break from that pounding.  I egotistically say from watching other boxers and martial artists I do hit like a mule. My ground game is weak but when it comes to striking I still have it but I pay the price after. Hitting the heavy bag is an incredible work out but damn it can also mess up the joints.   

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1312 on: July 30, 2020, 03:58:03 PM »
Started my leg day today. I stopped after about 15 minutes. Just exhausted. I went in the pool and stayed there for about 3 hours. I rarely stop after I start. Just felt completely out of it exhausted.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1313 on: August 03, 2020, 06:32:58 PM »
Did back and chest. Early morning workouts are tough.

MAG pulldown 2 x 10 (140lbs. I do these really strict. I feel they work better than the heave lean back pulldown. I don't know maybe I'm wrong because most use the latter)
Seated Lat pulley row with a V handle 2 x 12 170lbs. Again I use a full stretch and tried to use perfect form
Dumbbell row off bench 2 x 10 80lbs (Dead hang then all the way up)
reverse grip pulldown 2 x 10 

Decline dumbbell bench 3 x 9 ( I use a moderate decline. Wondering if I should increase the angle?)
Weighted dips 3 x 10 (dug deep for a full stretch)
Push ups 2 x max (regular push ups and push up handles)

Deadlift 2 x 4  315lbs
Weighted hyper extensions 2 x 15 25lbs plate behind head.

weighted crunches with feet up on a bench 1  x 55 5lbs plate behind head
Pulley crunches 1 x 50 50lbs

Had a discussion with a guy who said don't be afraid of high reps. He said he does sets of 15 in general. Some of the points discussed was it's safer, pump, endurance and it burns calories. I'm sure some the points are debatable. I know during my brief volume period when I was around 19 or so my max singles went to hell but I really leaned out and that's a good thing.

I said it before here. I had bicep tendon aggravation.  I did a couple of super light rep sets. I did one set of around 50 and a second set to failure at a lower rep range. I did rest pause to get a second set of around 50.  The next day I noticed the tendon inflammation was gone. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1314 on: August 04, 2020, 04:17:48 PM »
Ran two mile today.  As I was running down my block a neighbor was looking in the trunk of his car. I said, hello and he jumped about two feet off the ground. I guess he never saw me. Made me laugh pretty hard.

Sure would like to be under 180lbs. I get close but not there. I'm 184lbs today.  No, I don't diet. Just had chocolate covered raisins. I think I would look great at 175lbs at 5'8" but I'm not willing to give up beer or eating to my hearts content.  ;D

Giving my shoulders a break and not hitting the heavy bag. Watching video of Mike Tyson in his prime before booze, drugs and the fast life got to him.  He hit the bag brutally.  A friend of mine boxed and he said he was in the gym with both Gerry Cooney and Tyson on separate occasions.  He watched both hit the bag. He said he would have got in the ring with Cooney in a heart beat but when he saw Tyson hit a 300lbs heavy bag it was fearful to watch.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1315 on: August 05, 2020, 06:30:47 PM »
Leg day this morning. Woke up and walk down the stairs holding the banister so I wouldn't fall I was so stiff and in pain. Somehow I got the leg day in before work. Life would seem easier if I just rested every day like 99% of people my age. Then again I would deteriorate and age quick.

Leg press 2 x 12 (fully bending my legs. four plates a side but the back board is all the way low and again I fully bend my legs like an ass to grass squat.)
Dumbbell squats 2 x 12 80lbs dumbbells (no one does this exercise in any gym I have been in. Just rereading the book Zane put out years ago that's a collection of his training journals. Wow, he used them. He called them dumbbell hack squats but it's what I do.)
Stiff dead 2 x 6 205lbs
leg extensions 2 x 20
Seated leg curls 2 x 15

Single dumbbell side bends 1 x 15 90lbs. (People hate this exercise but It seem to provide a lot of stabilization to my core)
Hanging straight leg raise 2 x 22 (I'm beginning to hate this exercise. It's just hard)
Lying hip ups 1 x 25 (Raise the hips off the floor with the legs pointed toward the ceiling.)

Standing calf raise 2 x 15 ( My calves really are horrifically bad. I still train them)
Seated calf raise 2 x15

Neck work with a weighted helmet. 1 x20 a side. ( High reps really make the neck respond. )

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1316 on: August 07, 2020, 06:09:39 PM »
Delt and arm day:

Dumbbell press standing 2 x 10 (Haven't done these in awhile. With my shoulder issues the actual safest exercise for me is the barbell military press but I got bored.)
Dumbbell laterals 2 x 10 (Thumbs up. Helps with impingement.)
Dumbbell rear laterals 2 x 10
Face pulls 2 x 12
Barbell shrugs 2 x 10

Rope tricep pushdowns 2 x 12
Single dumbbell two hands tricep press behind head 2 x 12
Reverse grip single arm tricep extension 2 x 12

Alternate dumbbell curls 2 x 8
Narrow grip barbell curls 2 x 10 (Actually I have never in my life done these. Keeps the hands really supinated. Felt good. I think I might keep them in for awhile.)
Concentration dumbbell curl 2 x 12

Wrist curl 2 x 25
Reverse wrist extension 1 x 15

Weighted floor crunches 1 x 50
Pulley crunches 1 x 50

Got all my house chores out of the way today namely laundry, pool cleaning, yard clean up after a storm; and mowing. I have nothing to do tomorrow but go for a run. Thought I would float in the pool playing music with a few cocktails. Now I hear more storms are coming. I hope they are wrong.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1317 on: August 08, 2020, 07:26:49 AM »
Good to read, brother!  I hope to train today.  I like rain but understand what you are saying.  One of my brothers and his wife are in Sturgis for the Rally.  They arrived yesterday. I have never been except vicariously through their photographs they send me.

Thanks for the inspiration!

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1318 on: August 08, 2020, 07:29:57 AM »
you donīt burn much in two miles anyway.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1319 on: August 08, 2020, 07:49:06 AM »
You can't outrun an Oreo cookie.

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1320 on: August 08, 2020, 07:52:54 AM »
end of the Day if you drink Beer on a regular basis then itīs pissing in the wind.
Diet is still king

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1321 on: August 08, 2020, 08:55:18 AM »
I just ate two big pieces of banana bread slathered with butter, a thick pork chop, and at least a dozen Oreos.

Yesterday had two cans of beer.

Burp!

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #1322 on: August 08, 2020, 12:47:27 PM »
I just ate two big pieces of banana bread slathered with butter, a thick pork chop, and at least a dozen Oreos.

Yesterday had two cans of beer.

Burp!

There is no life if we don't at least put an effort (once in awhile!) into living.  Well done, brother!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1323 on: August 08, 2020, 02:19:42 PM »
you donīt burn much in two miles anyway.

I'm certainly leaner  and in better shape than that that guy.  I would love to go for run with him. There is an after burn. It's just not the calories used during the activity. You can run an easy 5 miles or a hard one mile. It's both the intensity and the duration. I know most bodybuilders are seriously against any form of running. Two miles can be an easy activity or a brutal activity. All depends on how fast your run.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1324 on: August 08, 2020, 02:20:46 PM »

Says the chubby guy. Bullshit. Cardio is so important to being lean.