Author Topic: Guys+girls=friends???  (Read 19362 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Guys+girls=friends???
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2007, 05:07:11 AM »
Its all good unless the guy really likes the girl and wants to date her romantically. If thats the case, guys don't want to hear the "lets be friends" line. When romantic interests are at stake, it will only lead to heart break and disaster and for a guy that will be pretty painfull. The thing is guys will not admit it. If thats the case the guy would rather move on and not see the girl again. In a guys perspective, "plationic friends" is a no no when he likes the girl romantically.

PB

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2007, 03:07:04 PM »
Laughing out loud.

I tried that once, it was the funniest thing, the guy was like my best friend and I'd known him and respected him for ages and then he crosses the line and makes the obvious come on line. 

(I'd seen this before with workmates etc.  Wanna talk to me about sexual workcases?  anyways...

by that time (I was 25, I'd figured it out, so I says ok come on then...

the guy ran a mile.  T'was funny.  I'm sorry.  I'm sure he still worries about that stupid thing he did.

I once had a bloke I thought was a great mate say: oh but I get urges.  Our friendship went downhill after that.  I tried to set him up with a friend but that went nowhere.

Bottom line:  I wouldn't like it at all and I'd be properly complaining if I didn't turn everyone on.

xxx

I mean, I don't think men can have women as "friends"  unless you're gay (they are my best friends).   There are only so many times you can watch a guy adjusting his frontal pants and realise he's getting a hardon.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 03:20:22 AM »
I dated a guy who didn't want me having any male friends...he said girls cannot have guy friends because the guy is always thinking about how he can get into the girls pants...regardless of the girl just wanting friendship.

Mind you...he had a couple female friends.  With that said to me I then asked him if he was always thinking about getting in "his" female friends pants.  He said "no, I'm different".  ROFLMAO  Idiot.  ::)

Anyway, my thoughts are some people do only want a friendship from the opposite sex and usually the "mate" can pick up on whether or not his/her significant other is looking for more.

I also don't believe in maintaining a "friendship" with an ex for a couple reasons.  More than likely you're separated for good reason and secondly you have spent "intimate" time together and the new person in your life will always be uncomfortable with that scenario.  And before someone jumps on the Father/Mother of a child friendship...9 times out of 10...they only speak because of the child...not because they want to.  Most people who "divorce" would rather not ever see their ex-spouse ever again, lol.  ;)
:D Weee

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 08:21:22 AM »
Like I've said....unless it is a long time friend, like through family, it's shady to me.  I guarantee that most guys wanna get some and are attracted.  I can admit to it and it shows me that its true because I don't talk to girls who were "friends" from the past.  It just shows you that the friendship never really existed.  I can say this for guys I called "friends" too.  When they are out of sight, out of mind and you choose not to contact them then the friendship was never really that strong.  Guys really have no real reason to have a "girl" friend unless they want someone to bitch too.
Squishy face retard

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 11:10:57 AM »
Its all good unless the guy really likes the girl and wants to date her romantically. If thats the case, guys don't want to hear the "lets be friends" line.

PB

That's my point and perhaps the point of this thread...  what do you do if you're a fairly attractive (like 7 or 8 or 9 out of 10) kinda girl and you have to work in a world in which men only look at your tits?

I read this today:  "for most men, the most beautiful thing they'll ever ever see is a naked woman"

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 07:27:25 PM »

That's my point and perhaps the point of this thread...  what do you do if you're a fairly attractive (like 7 or 8 or 9 out of 10) kinda girl and you have to work in a world in which men only look at your tits?

flaunt them.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »
I hvae more female friends than male.  I attribute this to being raised my a single mother and plainly being more comfortable around them I guess.  I view them as my sisters, protective.  There are some that I could not be in a relationship due to the friendship, it would be wierd.  Some of them I walk around in my boxer briefs getting dressed say as I am getting ready.....and vice versa, it means nothing to us.  Pure friendship and would be wierd to think of htem any other way.  Lots of benefits to having female friends, scores big brownie points with their frineds that they introduce you too.

what do you do with them, shopping, pillow fights?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 07:45:50 PM »

I read this today:  "for most men, the most beautiful thing they'll ever ever see is a naked woman"

your point?  what's the most beautiful thing you've seen?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 07:48:38 AM »
what do you do with them, shopping, pillow fights?
One thing is for sure. If I had a romantic interest in a woman and she just wanted to be friends, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't want to hear about how she dated some guy and slept with him, etc, etc. And I sure as hell wouldn't want my lady parading around town with "guy friends". I think its disrespectful to your signifigant other. Remember, its all good till the shoe is on the other foot.

PB

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 07:54:01 AM »
And I sure as hell wouldn't want my lady parading around town with "guy friends". I think its disrespectful to your signifigant other. Remember, its all good till the shoe is on the other foot.

PB
Hell ya.  That's my point exactly.  I guarantee my girl would flip.  I have turned down many social gatherings with members of the OS, who were acquaintances out of respect but women see us not accepting their "male friends" as just jealousy. 

TONY!! HE'S JUSTAFRIEND!! DON BEANASSHOLE!! OH MY GAWD!!  WHADDAYAMEAN YO HANGIN OUT WITH HEA??  HEEEEELLLLLLL NO!!!!
Squishy face retard

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 01:33:40 PM »
flaunt them.

that's my other point. 

I can't.  i dress down, so as not to turn men on.  It's too upsetting.

xL

I can't wear lipstick or mascara, it's scary.

Ali:  the night I got drunk in the pub and "pulled" Paul, I was filthy dirty from the gardening job, wearing a purple overall.  Granted, I'd taken off the top half & tied the arms around my waist,
but look, I wasn't planning on looking sexy.  Ouch.

Bottom line, end of the day, basically: 
men cannot be "just friends" with nice looking women.

xL

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 02:12:20 PM »

that's my other point. 

I can't.  i dress down, so as not to turn men on.  It's too upsetting.

xL

I can't wear lipstick or mascara, it's scary.

Ali:  the night I got drunk in the pub and "pulled" Paul, I was filthy dirty from the gardening job, wearing a purple overall.  Granted, I'd taken off the top half & tied the arms around my waist,
but look, I wasn't planning on looking sexy.  Ouch.

Bottom line, end of the day, basically: 
men cannot be "just friends" with nice looking women.

xL

We can be "FUCK Buddies" with females. :)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007, 02:17:38 PM »

We can be "f**k Buddies" with females. :)

you've lost the plot.  what if we only f**k with gorgeous men (I need to keep my eyes open).

but we have to put up with the rest of you (the other 99%) being like you are?

xL

ps: I imagine your fuck buddy is married to your best friend?
only kidding.  whatever...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007, 02:43:23 PM »

you've lost the plot.  what if we only wanna f**k nice hot men

and we have to put up with the rest of you (the other 99%) being like you are?

kiss your f**k buddy big time
xL

majority rules.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2007, 03:27:21 PM »
           majority rules.

again, my point exactly.  What do you do if you're gonna turn everyone
(like 99%, I've proved that to myself) on?

and then them sad blokes you haveta say no, no, no >thankyou but you're lovely,
I like your sense of humour, you've got a lovely personality to?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2007, 03:30:32 PM »

Offer it to them and you will see. :)

did you read my post at the beginning?  i got truly pissed off once with the comeons and said
"alright then...

In your dreams.

I'd like to have male friends, but it's not possible.

But I have a few fab (male, single) neighbours who do understand boundaries.

What's this you're chatting about with the significant other ??

and the brother in law
and the girl next door?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2007, 07:37:44 PM »

did you read my post at the beginning?  i got truly pissed off once with the comeons and said
"alright then...

In your dreams.

I'd like to have male friends, but it's not possible.

But I have a few fab (male, single) neighbours who do understand boundaries.

What's this you're chatting about with the significant other ??

and the brother in law
and the girl next door?

???

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 02:02:25 AM »
Sure, they can be friends. Both ways.

What are you and your gf questioning, cap?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 06:45:57 AM »
your point?  what's the most beautiful thing you've seen?

I think the most wonderful thing I've ever seen was a sunset on the Pacific Ocean with islands and mountains beyond.

I shared it with a friend (yes, a male friend, who was showing me the sights).  Luckily he was married to my fathers new wifes daughter, so he knew boundaries.  He's also in a wheelchair. 
He took me out in his converted sports car, he let me play with the accelerator which is a hand job and made me laugh so much and showed me things only the locals see.  He knew exactly where to park to watch the sunset.  I still talk to him every week.

I've just remembered another (obviously I can't forget some of the gorgeous male bodies and minds I've known, but most of those memories are fleeting.  For sure, the ones that stick with you in technicolour are the ones Mother Nature gives you).

I got up in the morning very early having hardly slept.  We were camping near the ocean.  Everyone else was in their camper vans (you should see Danny's, it's like something out of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, when he pneumatically disembarks).  Anyways, they'd put me in a tent, so I'm up first.  The beach - it was all purple and orange starfish.  I'm the only one that saw it. 

Then that night, being unable to get back in the tent, I went out on a converted fishing boat with some guy I met at the bar.  He said Don't fall off, eh?  but he wouldn't have known if I had. 

It was the moon and the phosphorescence.  That was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.  I stayed up all night sitting on the back of the boat while he sat at the front with his bottle of scotch.  He turned off the engine and I just looked at the ocean for 6 hours.  He gave me a piece of rope to play with "the little critters" with.  Awesome, as they say.

I tried to get in touch with him, after I flew home, to say thankyou, but my letter was returned. 
Not sure quite why, perhaps he was busy, maybe he'd moved or I didn't have the right address...
c/o a bar?  oh well, i tried to say thanks (and sorry...

My stepmother was disgusting to him when I showed back up at camp in the morning.  We'd brought 6 cups of takeaway black hot coffee and she screamed get off this campsite.  My Dad was still in bed so he didn't intervene.  So I went back out for more "putting about" as the ex-fisherman called it.  He'd offered to take the whole family out for a trip (and Danny could've made it into the boat, he's agile), but the mad stepmother blew it for everyone.  I figure she was pissed off at me because I was the tourist and she'd never seen the phosphorescence.  I didn't have a camera with me but it's imprinted on my brain.  It was like a million times brighter than the stars.

Anyway, my point is that I find it extremely difficult to have male friends.  It's bad enough to have most women jealous of you.  & I'm nice, happy-go-lucky and fun.  I'm no threat.  I kinda understand other people's reactions, but I find them ridiculous.  I blame women, they should be able to tell who is a friend and who is not.  Men, well they just get turned on.  Not their fault and I'm sure that's the way it's supposed to be.

xL

maybe it would have been different had I married (or if I had bothered with a steady bf). 
Men (and women?) would then treat me differently, I guess...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007, 08:17:40 AM »
Sure, they can be friends. Both ways.

What are you and your gf questioning, cap?
Okay, so this was just a random conversation that comes up every time they mention it in movies or if one of us gets a random call from people in HS of the opposite sex.  If I get a call or an  AIM from a girl she questions it and vice versa.  We know its nothing but I like busting her balls about it and she plays along.  I joke with her because she was "friends" with alot of guys and by normal standards they are pretty ugly so I joke that they stayed around her all the time because they were hoping for a shot (which I believe) because why would a guy spend all his time talking to a girl.  I'm sorry, that's wierd.  One guy, who's the biggest douche I've ever heard of, got dumped and ditched for prom so she was a pity date for him.  She said that afterward he wanted to take her to the after party and she kept saying no and he kept forcing the issue.  I told her it was cuz he wanted to get her drunk and try and hook up.  I know I'm right on that one cuz he is a fag.  Any other questions.  I can honestly say that aside from 2 girls, there are none that I kept around without even thinking I was going to hook up with them.
Squishy face retard

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2007, 11:20:03 AM »
Okay, so this was just a random conversation that comes up every time they mention it in movies or if one of us gets a random call from people in HS of the opposite sex.  If I get a call or an  AIM from a girl she questions it and vice versa.  We know its nothing but I like busting her balls about it and she plays along.  I joke with her because she was "friends" with alot of guys and by normal standards they are pretty ugly so I joke that they stayed around her all the time because they were hoping for a shot (which I believe) because why would a guy spend all his time talking to a girl.  I'm sorry, that's wierd.  One guy, who's the biggest douche I've ever heard of, got dumped and ditched for prom so she was a pity date for him.  She said that afterward he wanted to take her to the after party and she kept saying no and he kept forcing the issue.  I told her it was cuz he wanted to get her drunk and try and hook up.  I know I'm right on that one cuz he is a fag.  Any other questions.  I can honestly say that aside from 2 girls, there are none that I kept around without even thinking I was going to hook up with them.

precisely.  exactly.  I wouldn't keep a straight male "friend" around unless I knew he really really meant it.  It's the ones who give up you feel more sorry for. 

The ones I truly respect are those that know they can't have you but are prepared to pay $100's just to watch you...  enjoy your dinner.  I've always known how far to go and when to back off because they're wanking too much.  I used to pick my nose and or snort if they asked what I was having for dessert or whether I wanted Champage.  (That was only my bosses (the men I worked full-time for, 9-5, that I allowed to buy me a meal, by the way. 

The rest would think you owed them if they bought you lunch.

but you've got a nice gf cap so you're not all over the place googling every woman you see.

what's HS and AIM?

xL

men can only be friends from afar.  Fortunately for me and unfortunately for everyone else, I turn men on.  (one boss once said okay you can have the steak rare if you promise not to leave with the wine waiter).  Very funny...

But I've still got two very old straight male friends left whom I've forgiven for crossing the line.  Both understand that I only have sex with younger boys, most of whom can't speak English.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2007, 12:51:33 PM »
HS=high school
AIM=AOL Instant Messenger

Ya, I have her so I don't oogle other women, no need to.  Lol
Squishy face retard

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2007, 12:54:24 PM »
HS=high school
AIM=AOL Instant Messenger

Ya, I have her so I don't oogle other women, no need to.  Lol

so all you need to figure is the way you look at (and treat) everyone else, especially women.

I think it's healthy if you point out to whoever you're with (when and if you ever see or meet or turn down anyone who's worthy), "waaa  take a look at that". 

It's normal.

as for how men ought to treat single women when they're (the men that is), either married, engaged, my wife's expecting or have two or 3 children, well that's another paragraph.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »
A long time ago, men used to ask you what your father did for a living.

Nowadays, the first question is:  Do you live alone?

Like I'm gonna make friends with someone who sounds like the local burglar...

modify:  I'm not triple posting, I'm just having a fit about this subject. 
you still don't understand do you?

Here's my serial killer theory (again?)   
:even the nicest guy in the world has to turn back into a nice guy 

(if he's a serial killer and is planning on taking you home.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2007, 07:12:21 PM »

Sounds like you're both a bit insecure about your relationship, even though you play it off as a joke. Or could be that you're SO secure that it's a joke. I'm betting #1.

Anyway, it's easier for me to be friends with a woman if she's ugly. I've had hot female friends and wanted to sleep with every one of them. But I had one ugly friend and didn't feel the need to at all and we became the closest emotionally out of any female friend I've had. I guess it's easier if you don't desire them physically, because you only have the emotional side to work with, rather than trying to play both fields.