Author Topic: Guys+girls=friends???  (Read 19363 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: Guys+girls=friends???
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2007, 07:26:10 PM »
Sounds like you're both a bit insecure about your relationship, even though you play it off as a joke. Or could be that you're SO secure that it's a joke. I'm betting #1.

Anyway, it's easier for me to be friends with a woman if she's ugly. I've had hot female friends and wanted to sleep with every one of them. But I had one ugly friend and didn't feel the need to at all and we became the closest emotionally out of any female friend I've had. I guess it's easier if you don't desire them physically, because you only have the emotional side to work with, rather than trying to play both fields.
For me its a mix of both with 1 being the primary.  I'm not trusting of her "guy" friends, I know the type.  Lets put it this way.  I looked at pictures and said, "he's like this, he's like that, etc".  I'm that good at sizing people up.  I just don't think it's good on either side unless there has been an established friendship for years and there is no chance of cheating.  But hey, that's just one white man's opinion.
Squishy face retard

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2007, 09:23:17 PM »
For me its a mix of both with 1 being the primary.  I'm not trusting of her "guy" friends, I know the type.  Lets put it this way.  I looked at pictures and said, "he's like this, he's like that, etc".  I'm that good at sizing people up.  I just don't think it's good on either side unless there has been an established friendship for years and there is no chance of cheating.  But hey, that's just one white man's opinion.

I know one thing...my girl is not going to be running around with any guy "friends". I would not disrespect her like that and would not stand for her disrespecting me that way. I do have a couple of friends that are female...but BOTH are chics that I have dated in the past and it didn't quite work out.But when either of us are dating someone else,the friendships sorta goes on hold,I guess you would call it...No guy or girl would appreciate an ex calling or emailing someone they are involved with...so I don't/they don't.

P.S. The two females I am refering to are still my "friend" by their choice... but they both know if they offer the booty I'LL take it. ;D  (just like most any guy)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2007, 09:30:41 PM »
Lol...I don't keep in contact with ex's.  I think the past is the past and they should be left there.  You hit the nail on the head.  It's disrepectful on both sides.  I'm not gonna toot my own horn but I attract attention here and there and she knows it and I think I flirt sometimes not knowing it so I don't communicate much with women unless I really need to.  When we first started dating alot of the females at my work (who were good looking) all knew me and would always stop and say hi and if she were there she would get mad and my buddy would tease her about it.  One day he told her that between female customers and coworkers that there was like 30 chicks who knew me by name and would make a point to say hi.  Needless to say that got her pissed.  She knows I wouldn't do shit.  My point has always been that I don't trust the guys, not her.  A guy will do anything to get laid.  Point made by my prom example.
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2007, 10:45:18 PM »
I have no problems being "friends" with a girl... HOWEVER, that being said... If the opportunity to bang one of my "friends" was to happen....

I'd jump on that ship like it was a cruise to the caribbean...

I might not make any moves and I might not do anything but listen to them talk about whatever... But sometimes, if you have an after work function or something like that, you need a cohort and you don't want to take your "bro".

I can deal with the just friend thing... no big... but like Chris Rock said... If I'm a platonic friend, I'm a dick in a glass case.

In case of sex emergency... "Break Glass".

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2007, 10:46:31 PM »
I have no problems being "friends" with a girl... HOWEVER, that being said... If the opportunity to bang one of my "friends" was to happen....

I'd jump on that ship like it was a cruise to the caribbean...

I might not make any moves and I might not do anything but listen to them talk about whatever... But sometimes, if you have an after work function or something like that, you need a cohort and you don't want to take your "bro".

I can deal with the just friend thing... no big... but like Chris Rock said... If I'm a platonic friend, I'm a dick in a glass case.

In case of sex emergency... "Break Glass".

HAHAHAHA MY POINT EXACTLY!!

Anything a guy does for a female friend is just a subtle way of offering them some dick.

"Let me get the door for you...(How bout some dick?)"

"Sure,I'll drop that in the mail for you..(How 'bout some dick?)"

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2007, 05:01:37 AM »
I agree with you cap. Most guys can't be trusted. Especially teenagers - young adults. I wouldn't restrict my wife/gf to who she can and can't see, but that's just me. I also wouldn't want to be restricted myself, as I feel guys and girls can be friends without sex involved. It's just not that easy. :)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2007, 07:25:59 AM »
I agree with you cap. Most guys can't be trusted. Especially teenagers - young adults. I wouldn't restrict my wife/gf to who she can and can't see, but that's just me. I also wouldn't want to be restricted myself, as I feel guys and girls can be friends without sex involved. It's just not that easy. :)
I don't want to restrict her behavior.  I just let it be known how I feel but I think the fact that I dated alot more than her in high school she would find it wierd if all those girls still called me all the time.  It would look like I was screwing around on her.  You know?
Squishy face retard

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2007, 07:36:49 AM »
I don't want to restrict her behavior.  I just let it be known how I feel but I think the fact that I dated alot more than her in high school she would find it wierd if all those girls still called me all the time.  It would look like I was screwing around on her.  You know?

Sure, but a simple "No, I'm not screwing around" should be enough. If she still doesn't believe you, she should (and probably does) say it. Honesty and trust are very important in a relationship.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2007, 07:59:23 AM »
Sure, but a simple "No, I'm not screwing around" should be enough. If she still doesn't believe you, she should (and probably does) say it. Honesty and trust are very important in a relationship.
Yea, but honestly I think that anyone would think something was up eventually.  Again, not to sound like a cocky ass but try this on for size.  I have some good looking ex's and girls I just hooked up with.  Say they were always calling and my gf eventually met them and she saw that they were attractive, I guarantee you she'd be pissed just like I would to.  It's not only about trust, well ya i guess it is but I think any normal person would not like it after a while.

Johnny Cash was "friends" with June Carter....
Owen Wilson was "friends" with Kate Hudson...
Brad Pitt was "friends" with Angelina Jolie....
add in your personal example
Squishy face retard

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2007, 09:52:33 AM »
Either way you slice it, it is a huge disrespect to your signifigant other. If you are involved with someone, you shouldn't be parading around town with "friends" of the opposite sex. Its just not right. Otherwise, stay single. I wouldn't want my lady going for coffee with other guys just as i'm sure she wouldn't want me going for drinks with other ladies. Its a recipe for disaster.

PB

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2007, 10:38:38 AM »
Either way you slice it, it is a huge disrespect to your signifigant other. If you are involved with someone, you shouldn't be parading around town with "friends" of the opposite sex. Its just not right. Otherwise, stay single. I wouldn't want my lady going for coffee with other guys just as i'm sure she wouldn't want me going for drinks with other ladies. Its a recipe for disaster.

PB
So true, so very true.  I mean if it's gonna happen it's gonna happen but doing these things essentially encourage them.
Squishy face retard

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2007, 11:56:50 AM »
Yea, but honestly I think that anyone would think something was up eventually.  Again, not to sound like a cocky ass but try this on for size.  I have some good looking ex's and girls I just hooked up with.  Say they were always calling and my gf eventually met them and she saw that they were attractive, I guarantee you she'd be pissed just like I would to.  It's not only about trust, well ya i guess it is but I think any normal person would not like it after a while.

Johnny Cash was "friends" with June Carter....
Owen Wilson was "friends" with Kate Hudson...
Brad Pitt was "friends" with Angelina Jolie....
add in your personal example

I am "friends" with lots of chicks I know...

:D

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2007, 03:52:46 PM »

PB

Now that I don't agree with...if the person I was with didnt trust me to be around my friends, who happen to be of the opposite sex...then whats the point? THAT is a recipe for disaster.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2007, 04:24:21 PM »
Guess some of us are just lucky we have teh male friends who respect us (after they try that one time early on) and prefer to keep the friendship.  When I first left my beloved Canada and moved to another country, my male friends came to see me often.  My roomie didn't want them schnorfing on the couch, so they usually slept in my bed with me. With full on jammies of course. Never really had a problem. Maybe once or twice. But maybe it's different when you've grown up with them. Probably wouldn't have done that with newer friends. But in the meantime, met some great women who were their girlfriends, and vice versa, and somehow everyone always got along okay...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2007, 05:28:31 PM »
Guess some of us are just lucky we have teh male friends who respect us (after they try that one time early on) and prefer to keep the friendship.  When I first left my beloved Canada and moved to another country, my male friends came to see me often.  My roomie didn't want them schnorfing on the couch, so they usually slept in my bed with me. With full on jammies of course. Never really had a problem. Maybe once or twice. But maybe it's different when you've grown up with them. Probably wouldn't have done that with newer friends. But in the meantime, met some great women who were their girlfriends, and vice versa, and somehow everyone always got along okay...
You're obviously just spreading your wings from dating an Italian guy.  ;D 

"I'll kill him and then kill you."
Squishy face retard

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2007, 05:47:25 PM »
You're obviously just spreading your wings from dating an Italian guy.  ;D 

"I'll kill him and then kill you."

Noooooo.... that was before!  Are you KIDDING?  I never heard "get in the car" so often before in my life.  ;D

But I heard sweet things much more.  :)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2007, 05:51:42 PM »
Noooooo.... that was before!  Are you KIDDING?  I never heard "get in the car" so often before in my life.  ;D

But I heard sweet things much more.  :)
Hahaha.  Yeah or "let's go now".  Yeah it's true, but there is nothing we wouldn't do for you (being the woman in your life).  I'm sure you already know that. 
Squishy face retard

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2007, 06:03:43 PM »
Hahaha.  Yeah or "let's go now".  Yeah it's true, but there is nothing we wouldn't do for you (being the woman in your life).  I'm sure you already know that. 

Yes, I know. I'm sure your girlfriend is a lucky girl. 

(But just in case, hope she has good aim with the frying pan, hehehe)

Rich Gainihger

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2007, 07:06:39 PM »
I only have sex with younger boys, most of whom can't speak English.

classy broad.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2007, 09:23:11 PM »
Yes, I know. I'm sure your girlfriend is a lucky girl. 

(But just in case, hope she has good aim with the frying pan, hehehe)
Yea I think we are both lucky.  I believe her weapon of choice is slamming a door or throwing nonmetal objects.
Squishy face retard

Rich Gainihger

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2007, 09:31:21 PM »
Yea I think we are both lucky.  I believe her weapon of choice is slamming a door or throwing nonmetal objects.

awwww so cute  :-[

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2007, 09:38:15 PM »
awwww so cute  :-[
Haha.  I do believe that but trust me it aint all fun and games. 
Squishy face retard

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2007, 12:39:29 AM »
I'm not talking posing as a friend just to get in her pants. I'm talking real friends, like you have with the same sex. That, I see nothing wrong or disrespectful with.

Just one crazy man's opinion. ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2007, 05:02:40 AM »
Like I said before, its all good until the shoe is on the other foot.

PB

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2007, 08:06:00 AM »
Why is apparently so hard to have friends of the opposite sex? People here are suggesting that it's disrespectful to have friends of the opposite sex when you are in a relationship...That's the biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time.

The thing with a good quality relationship is that the friend's features like sexe, looks, race become oblivious. What remains is a character with certain traits, opinons, and qualities that you like and sometimes share. That's what makes a good friendship, it evolves beyond the 'doing stuff together' level. I have a couple of female friends, that I see on a regular basis. None of my exes have found that threatening or disrespectful. On the contrary, not allowing your partner to have friends of the opposite sexe, is paranoid, belitteling and a sign of distrust (which probably reflects your own insecurity).

I suggest some of you better grow up!