Author Topic: Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold.  (Read 17575 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold.
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2013, 09:18:25 AM »
wait a second... Now that I think about it...  3333, how do you say supporting the extention of unemployment benefits is on the same level with not continuing a temporary break in payroll taxes?  I think you have to explain that one more than me lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2013, 09:20:54 AM »
wait a second... Now that I think about it...  3333, how do you say supporting the extention of unemployment benefits is on the same level with not continuing a temporary break in payroll taxes?  I think you have to explain that one more than me lol...

I'm saying that obama went to bat for certain things and not for others showing where his priorities are. 

The deal he pushed for is a scam and does nothing at all but keep the welfare thugs going, hollywood rich, nascar getting breaks, etc, w a token increase on a few high income people - while doing not a fucking thing for the average guy. 

Personally - I would end UE altogether and cancel SS and Medicare and medicade 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2013, 09:27:38 AM »
UE altogether and cancel SS and Medicare and medicade 
Run for office and see how far that platform gets you ;D  I think a large portion of registered republicans would even say fuck that.

If you get rid of these, you don't just cancel them.  You have to phase them out over a long period of time and you better have a good direction to send people in as well as having the fucking balls to put checks on related companies in the process.  It wouldn't be easy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2013, 09:36:36 AM »
Run for office and see how far that platform gets you ;D  I think a large portion of registered republicans would even say fuck that.

If you get rid of these, you don't just cancel them.  You have to phase them out over a long period of time and you better have a good direction to send people in as well as having the fucking balls to put checks on related companies in the process.  It wouldn't be easy.

Agreed - I could not get elected dog catcher and I know that.   

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2013, 09:45:59 AM »
Agreed - I could not get elected dog catcher and I know that.   

Just give out free phones, you'll get elected in a heart beat.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2013, 09:49:40 AM »
Just give out free phones, you'll get elected in a heart beat.

True - and condoms and birth control 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2013, 12:23:25 PM »
the rates were paying didnt increase but were paying more now than last week...GOT IT ;) ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »
the rates were paying didnt increase but were paying more now than last week...GOT IT ;) ::)

I agree with you... at a basic level, everyone's paycheck is going to have less net than it did a week ago.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2013, 12:56:40 PM »
I agree with you... at a basic level, everyone's paycheck is going to have less net than it did a week ago.

dont worry im sure when everyone hears that it was just an expiration of tax cuts and that the rates really havent gone up it will make them all feel better.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »
dont worry im sure when everyone hears that it was just an expiration of tax cuts and that the rates really havent gone up it will make them all feel better.
Whatever the "cause", it's less money in everyone's pocket from this year compared to last year... That's just the plain and simple fact of it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2013, 01:01:36 PM »
you know NOTHING as usual

the name of the legislation was:  

H.R. 3765 The “Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011”

And apparently, most Obama voters know nothing, as usual. You really think they actually know the name and number title of this particular bill?

Do you really think, if the Obama-worshipping media had actually put out that this "expiration of a discount" were coming, they would have gleefully voted for Obama without asking that this "discount" be made permanent?

No matter how you try and spin it, Straw, Obama and his minions lied through their teeth by painting the picture that ONLY those EEEEEEEVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLL rich people would have their taxes go up.

You think the "rich" are saying, "Well, it's really not a tax hike; it's just an 'expiration of a discount', because the tax rate is back to what it was in the late 90s/early 2000s?"

So much for intellectual honesty, on your end.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2013, 01:08:26 PM »
And apparently, most Obama voters know nothing, as usual. You really think they actually know the name and number title of this particular bill?

Do you really think, if the Obama-worshipping media had actually put out that this "expiration of a discount" were coming, they would have gleefully voted for Obama without asking that this be made permanent?

No matter how you try and spin it, Straw, Obama and his minions lied through their teeth by painting the picture that ONLY those EEEEEEEVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLL rich people would have their taxes go up.

You think the "rich" are saying, "Well, it's really not a tax hike; it's just an 'expiration of a discount', because the tax rate is back to what it was in the late 90s/early 2000s?"

Good comparison...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2013, 01:09:40 PM »
Whatever the "cause", it's less money in everyone's pocket from this year compared to last year... That's just the plain and simple fact of it.

EXACTLY!! And, you knew Obama isn't about just taxing the "millionaires and billionaires", because he rejected Boehner's Plan B (which was really Pelosi's plan, warmed over, hiking rates on those making at least $1 million), "as if those making $900,000 can't afford to pay a little bit more"

Obama and his liberal goons want this floating term of "fair share" and "rich", so they can bleed whomever they like, when Washington doesn't get enough money. When he doesn't get enough from millionaires and billionaires, he lowers the income bar.

And that bar will be (and has been) lowered to hit the middle class, especially once Obama's rich benefactors and supporters have carved their emergency exits out of this crap.

As I said weeks ago: It always starts with the rich; but, it never ends with the rich.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
Good comparison...

That's been my point from the get-go. Straw can't quite see that, due to his being infected with Chris Matthews' disease.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2013, 01:14:12 PM »
That's been my point from the get-go. Straw can't quite see that, due to his being infected with Chris Matthews' disease.

Grrr... God do I hate that guy!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2013, 01:17:40 PM »
Grrr... God do I hate that guy!

But, I do have one correction to make: There was ONE Obama-worshipping minion, who actually told the truth about the left's intentions: Howard Dean.

He flat-out stated that taxes had to go up on EVERYBODY, in order to solve our fiscal problems (which won't work, of course).

Had Obama run on his true intentions, he would have lost to Romney, despite the less-than-stellar (which is being gracious) campaign run by the former Mass. governor.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »
EXACTLY!! And, you knew Obama isn't about just taxing the "millionaires and billionaires", because he rejected Boehner's Plan B (which was really Pelosi's plan, warmed over, hiking rates on those making at least $1 million), "as if those making $900,000 can't afford to pay a little bit more"

Obama and his liberal goons want this floating term of "fair share" and "rich", so they can bleed whomever they like, when Washington doesn't get enough money. When he doesn't get enough from millionaires and billionaires, he lowers the income bar.

And that bar will be (and has been) lowered to hit the middle class, especially once Obama's rich benefactors and supporters have carved their emergency exits out of this crap.

As I said weeks ago: It always starts with the rich; but, it never ends with the rich.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »
True - and condoms and birth control 

And back in reality Obama never promised any free phones or condoms but he did promise to raise taxes on the wealthy.   I guess thats why he got re-elected

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »
And back in reality Obama never promised any free phones or condoms but he did promise to raise taxes on the wealthy.   I guess thats why he got re-elected

Wait... let me make sure I understand what you are saying.

You're saying that letting the Bush Tax cuts expire is "raising taxes on the wealthy", but letting the temporary payroll cut expire is NOT raising taxes on the middle class as well?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »

Do you really think, if the Obama-worshipping media had actually put out that this "expiration of a discount" were coming, they would have gleefully voted for Obama without asking that this "discount" be made permanent?

Is this post supposed to be a joke?

go find the name of the bill and tell me what it is.

btw  - does no one here remeber when this thing was passed?
It was ALWAYS made clear it was temporary

people on this boatd are acting like that was some kind of secret

This entire thread is baffling in its stupidity

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2013, 01:46:12 PM »
Wait... let me make sure I understand what you are saying.

You're saying that letting the Bush Tax cuts expire is "raising taxes on the wealthy", but letting the temporary payroll cut expire is NOT raising taxes on the middle class as well?

Good point.

since both were a temporary discount designed to expire you could say no ones taxes are going up and since the Bush tax cuts expired youncan also say that Obama (and dems and repubs) gave a new tax cut to everyone below 400k

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »
Good point.

since both were a temporary discount designed to expire you could say no ones taxes are going up and since the Bush tax cuts expired youncan also say that Obama (and dems and repubs) gave a new tax cut to everyone below 400k

I didn't say anything...

You said that the expirations were a "promise to raise taxes on the wealthy".

So you are changing your stance as to what the expirations were, correct?

Just making sure I understand and we are on the same page.

I personally believe you were correct in your first statement... expirations are causing people to lose "NET" funds. Ergo, they are a tax increase.

I believe that for both groups.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2013, 01:55:53 PM »
I didn't say anything...

You said that the expirations were a "promise to raise taxes on the wealthy".

So you are changing your stance as to what the expirations were, correct?

Just making sure I understand and we are on the same page.

I personally believe you were correct in your first statement... expirations are causing people to lose "NET" funds. Ergo, they are a tax increase.

I believe that for both groups.

You right.

Obama did not keep that promise.
the temporary discount known as the bush tax cuts expired and the Obama and Dems and Repubs gave people making under 400k a new permanent tax cut

Obama did not raise taxes on anyone

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »
Is this post supposed to be a joke?

The joke would be your ridiculous posts here.

go find the name of the bill and tell me what it is.

btw  - does no one here remeber when this thing was passed?
It was ALWAYS made clear it was temporary

people on this boatd are acting like that was some kind of secret

This entire thread is baffling in its stupidity

This thread is baffled by YOUR stupidity. The question was asked do you think OBAMA VOTERS actually went for Obama again, knowing this mess was going to happen?

In case you forgot, genius, we conservatives KNEW Obama's tax hikes would not be limited to the rich. That's why we voted for Romney, warts and all.

We are hardly surprised that this is taking place, perhaps surprised that the fiscal sodomizing of the American people is well underway barely a week into 2013.

And back in reality Obama never promised any free phones or condoms but he did promise to raise taxes on the wealthy.   I guess thats why he got re-elected

He promised that, WITHOUT raising taxes on the middle class. He raised taxes on the middle class, despite your pitiful euphemisms, in a pathetic attempt to disguise the obvious. Hence, he is a liar and you and your Obama-voting buddies are card-carrying suckers.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »
The joke would be your ridiculous posts here.

This thread is baffled by YOUR stupidity. The question was asked do you think OBAMA VOTERS actually went for Obama again, knowing this mess was going to happen?

In case you forgot, genius, we conservatives KNEW Obama's tax hikes would not be limited to the rich. That's why we voted for Romney, warts and all.

We are hardly surprised that this is taking place, perhaps surprised that the fiscal sodomizing of the American people is well underway barely a week into 2013.

He promised that, WITHOUT raising taxes on the middle class. He raised taxes on the middle class, despite your pitiful euphemisms, in a pathetic attempt to disguise the obvious. Hence, he is a liar and you and your Obama-voting buddies are card-carrying suckers.

what was the name of the bill?