Author Topic: Lou Ferrigno and whey protein.  (Read 10813 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Lou Ferrigno and whey protein.
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:14:21 AM »
We all know that Serge Nubret is not affraid of saying that he doesn't waste time taking supplements (protein powders) but he didn't have a contract advertising them either....

While Guys Like Lou F,V.Richard and Gary Strydom were featured in tons of Weiders adds throughout the 90's,

Lou had the guts of saying that himself in August 90' Flex mag article on page 30.

""Despite the fact the I weight 270 pounds in hard condition, I  only eat about 150 grams of protein per day. and yet i 'm able to make progress on this relatively small amount."

"What i try to do is make SURE that the protein comes ONLY from HIGH- QUALITY  sources:eggs,fish,chicken nonfat milk products and amino acid capsules".

That's it,  from a guy that went to weight close to 300 pounds by 1988 (20 years ago) for his Hulk return  tv movie..

Next time you want to spend $50.00 in a 5 pounds protein powder think about it.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHH  ISOLATE !!!

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
Re: Lou Ferrigno and whey protein.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 09:19:07 AM »
ALL DRUGS.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »
HAHA, RON.....

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 09:21:17 AM »
ALL DRUGS.

Serge Nubret never took Steroids!!!

Just kidding.

SOY,WHEY, ISOLATE WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHH   !!!

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 09:22:21 AM »
yes its the shocking truth, whey protein is not the key ingredient to getting to 300lbs.
 ::)

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 09:22:34 AM »
Serge Nubret never took Steroids!!!

Just kidding.

Actually, Serge himself said that in Musclemag once. Suffice to say, not too many people believed him.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 10:10:39 AM »

I went out to lunch with Art Atwood before. He was with Optimum Nutrition at the time and he told me he used NO supplements. He admitted to drinking one of those glass bottle Isopures post-workout if he remembers to. Otherwise...nothing. Just food.

Special Ed told tales of Kevin Levrone not consuming a single supplement by Weider. Never drank a protein shake or anything. Also just food.
?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 10:32:44 AM »
I went out to lunch with Art Atwood before. He was with Optimum Nutrition at the time and he told me he used NO supplements. He admitted to drinking one of those glass bottle Isopures post-workout if he remembers to. Otherwise...nothing. Just food.

Special Ed told tales of Kevin Levrone not consuming a single supplement by Weider. Never drank a protein shake or anything. Also just food.

true, i hear joe tried to invent orange roughey but it was too expensive.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 10:34:56 AM »

You know I keep hearing this, but I'm just too stupid to stop buying protein powder.

Can't......stop......buying. ...them  >:(

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 10:42:16 AM »
The expensive near pure Protien powders can be used for cutting.
I used to have about 100 gram 90% protien for breakfast and lunch after a workout and a high protien dinner (Food) it was an easy way to keep the calories in check
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 10:52:04 AM »
true, i hear joe tried to invent orange roughey but it was too expensive.
Thank God that Al Gore invented Orange Roughy...

The point is if you all buy protein powder...find the least expensive brand like Body Fortress at Cotsco. Then just have 1 shake a day. Post-Workout preferably. Your body does not know the difference between IsoPure or the cheapest whey you can find. Save your money. Put it towards gas. You see gas prices these days?

Atwood told me he never even tried or used anything Optimum ever made.
?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »
I think the majority of us know this by now, at least I would hope.  The supplement industry thrives on the 15 year olds though and those kids don't know any better.  I think most of us all went through that stage of trying different supplements, at least I did, and we all come to realize that it's all bullshit and you can get everything you need for good old fashioned food.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 12:38:09 PM »
I think the majority of us know this by now, at least I would hope.  The supplement industry thrives on the 15 year olds though and those kids don't know any better.  I think most of us all went through that stage of trying different supplements, at least I did, and we all come to realize that it's all bullshit and you can get everything you need for good old fashioned food.
Good post. Exactly. In my early years as a young overly-enthusiastic bodybuilder I used and abused everything on GNC's shelves. The ephedra based stimulants and the 1-T products were actually real legitimate products that had real physiological effects on body composition.

As time went on and laws were passed my list of supplements dwindled down to a few basics such as plain creatine and whatever protein powder is given to me. For free.
?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 12:40:50 PM »
wrong wrong wrong

ut do you thing guys

you want to syntheize only 5-15 grams per hour

keep eating your beef and chicken and not taking any whey

you want to synthesize 40-60 grams per hour

drink your protein

:)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 12:41:56 PM »
I've only ever used protein powder as a supplement - nothing else. I don't have time to eat loads of food so the powders help with that but that's the only reason I take it - for convenience. I was talking to a guy in the gym the other day who showed me all the stuff he'd just bought from GNC - had spent $200 in one go on all kinds of shit - he was convince they were helping him. He looks shit by the way.  :-\

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 09:31:40 AM »
240 has a quarter the muscle mass of lou ferrigno yet consumes 4 times the protein... :-\

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »
candizzle you're such a young bbing nerd dude. You sound like a kid who just started lifting and likes to tell everybody that will listen some shit they already proved wrong.
$

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 09:36:01 AM »
i'm gonna try hemp protein.  there is monster good word about this item.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »
wrong wrong wrong

ut do you thing guys

you want to syntheize only 5-15 grams per hour

keep eating your beef and chicken and not taking any whey

you want to synthesize 40-60 grams per hour

drink your protein

:)

Are you serious? 400 gr of steak is WAY better protein source than a bullshit whey shake. Are you high on drugs?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 09:42:47 AM »
Are you serious? 400 gr of steak is WAY better protein source than a bullshit whey shake. Are you high on drugs?

well.....

protein is protein I guess. However I don't think labels for supps have to be accurate so you don't know what the fuck you're getting in a shake really. You can't lie about a steak.
$

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 09:51:15 AM »
Protein shakes have their place in todays busy world.
A quick shake with my bran at breakfast another shake after I train, it is pure conveniance, the rest I try for solid meals.
If I am on the road a lot for work (just spent 8 days on a mineral mine in the desert) then Supper is solid and the rest are MRPs.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 09:56:57 AM »
well.....

protein is protein I guess. However I don't think labels for supps have to be accurate so you don't know what the fuck you're getting in a shake really. You can't lie about a steak.

exactly

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 10:25:08 AM »
well.....

So true!!

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
yes its the shocking truth, whey protein is not the key ingredient to getting to 300lbs.
 ::)

aww crap.  I've spent WHEY too much on protein.  At 46 years old I think it will take some special protein to get me back to 270. 
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 11:57:07 AM »
Me: Lou, how many grams per scoop?

Lou: "What?"

Me (yelling): How many grams of protein?

Lou: "20 grams, bitch!"
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion