Author Topic: Where to buy posing trunks?  (Read 16494 times)

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
Where to buy posing trunks?
« on: June 10, 2013, 11:44:57 AM »
I'm competing in a novice show this year and was looking for a good deal on posing trunks. I found a few places on the internet. Most of the trucks are around 30-40 bucks. Is this about average on price? Anybody know where I can get a better deal? Seems a little high to me for a pair of undies I'm going wear one time.
S

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: Where to buy posing trunks?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 01:33:16 PM »
Speedo swim trunks at a sporting good store that caters to hard core swimmers.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »
Ah good idea. I didn't think of speedos. I'll check around. I'll probably have to order online though. Thanks.
S

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 10:11:06 PM »
Ah good idea. I didn't think of speedos. I'll check around. I'll probably have to order online though. Thanks.

You'll likely be competing with guys who are wearing custom designed posing trunks that show off their physique to best advantage. There are a lot of companies out there making posing suits, some are custom and some are off the rack. For a very personal fit, you might try these: http://store.musclepotential.com/. I have no idea what they cost, but if you expect to compete or even win, they are probably worth the price.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 07:10:25 AM »
I want to win. I'll check it out thanks.
S

mcluvin

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 04:26:14 AM »
Just go to Ebay. Lots of trunks including Andreas Cahlung line. They ship fast.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »
Just go to Ebay. Lots of trunks including Andreas Cahlung line. They ship fast.

If you want something off the rack that may not fit well, then Ebay is a possibility. Personally, if I am going to put all the time and work into building a competition ready body, I am not going to take a chance on something small but very significant like the posing trunks. Heck, even Arnold wrote a few paragraphs about the importance of well fitting posing suits in one of his books.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »
Speedo swim trunks at a sporting good store that caters to hard core swimmers.

Speedo swim briefs are priced between $32 and $52 these days.

mcluvin

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 12:50:32 AM »
Never got a bad fitting suit yet and I've been buying trunks through the mail for almost 30 years. My first trunks were out of Flex magazine in 1984 from Andreas Cahling. My competitions now are with trunks I get on line. They are cheap and if you take care of them they last forever. Get a few sizes and colors. Over the years you will outgrow them and styles will change. There is a lot less material now than there was in the 80's. I went from a middleweight to a super heavyweight over the years but I still have most of my suits. Hand wash them and toss them in the dryer. Good luck.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 12:27:19 PM »
Never got a bad fitting suit yet and I've been buying trunks through the mail for almost 30 years. My first trunks were out of Flex magazine in 1984 from Andreas Cahling. My competitions now are with trunks I get on line. They are cheap and if you take care of them they last forever. Get a few sizes and colors. Over the years you will outgrow them and styles will change. There is a lot less material now than there was in the 80's. I went from a middleweight to a super heavyweight over the years but I still have most of my suits. Hand wash them and toss them in the dryer. Good luck.

Just so you know, the drying them in the dryer using anything but really low heat is hard on the fabric. Overtime it will lose all elasticity.

MusclePotential

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 07:09:43 AM »
You'll likely be competing with guys who are wearing custom designed posing trunks that show off their physique to best advantage. There are a lot of companies out there making posing suits, some are custom and some are off the rack. For a very personal fit, you might try these: http://store.musclepotential.com/. I have no idea what they cost, but if you expect to compete or even win, they are probably worth the price.

If you want a great fitting posing suit check out the only place around that makes 100% custom made posing suits for men. Why get a one size fits all generic suit. We all need custom made suits to make sure the fit is right. You work to hard to get ready for your show and the Muscle Potential Gear BEST FIT POSING suits are the BEST AROUND.

We at Muscle Potential Gear will design your suit with you to make sure the fit is perfect.

Come check out Muscle Potential Gear.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/MPGear

We make custom made posing suits, you work to hard to wear a crappy suit on stage.

pinksandgreens

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 12:32:07 AM »
I have never such experience of buying posting trunks. So I am not able to help you.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 12:42:18 AM »
Andreas Cahlings are popular. I know lucian on getbig still has the same from his first comp 2 plus years ago and still puts them on comp time sometimes

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 02:33:33 AM »
Andreas Cahlings are popular. I know lucian on getbig still has the same from his first comp 2 plus years ago and still puts them on comp time sometimes

do you ever do a show stud?

the fellas in men's physique wear the best "trunks"

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 02:41:44 AM »
do you ever do a show stud?

the fellas in men's physique wear the best "trunks"
lol no. Was about to do it when i was 21 but my shoulder went out 4 weeks in to the diet. Maybe next year if i have out on enough of mass. Would be fun to be a homo just once and stand on the stagw

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 02:59:32 AM »
lol no. Was about to do it when i was 21 but my shoulder went out 4 weeks in to the diet. Maybe next year if i have out on enough of mass. Would be fun to be a homo just once and stand on the stagw

you know that i'm a newbie so i don't have personal experience with being "big" but what i've heard is that when fellas get real big they lose the female pull and start attracting the f@gs would you say that's true in general?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 09:02:46 AM »
you know that i'm a newbie so i don't have personal experience with being "big" but what i've heard is that when fellas get real big they lose the female pull and start attracting the f@gs would you say that's true in general?

no its quite funny, the girls always said "dont get any bigger you are perfect now and will be to big". 20 poumds later they said the same thing and 10 pounds aftee that the same. But i have never been that big so i dont know how it is for the 5'8 270 pound dudes but i dont think thats to attractive for the chicks. The homo thing i dont know but i had a 65 year old schmoewho trained im the same gym after me lol. Even if he jist started to train and noticed that i was done And heading down to the showers  he always followed me down to shower and waa really quick to take off hus own clothes but i always showered at home when he was there lol

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 09:38:47 AM »
but i had a 65 year old schmoewho trained im the same gym after me lol. Even if he jist started to train and noticed that i was done And heading down to the showers  he always followed me down to shower and waa really quick to take off hus own clothes but i always showered at home when he was there lol

were ya getting turned on :D :D :D

and yeah, my girl tells me that i don't need to add any more than 10 more kilos MAX and i've added 7 kilo so far, but the funny thing is once we start getting intimate she has a hard time keeping her hands off of my pecs and lats ;D

and truth be told, she didn't do those things when i was 7 kilos lighter, so go figure

also, i think females like it better when a fella isn't so fucking ripped, like 8-10% is better for them than 5-6%

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 11:37:42 AM »

You could get big to find out and then report back here on it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 11:42:24 AM »
no its quite funny, the girls always said "dont get any bigger you are perfect now and will be to big". 20 poumds later they said the same thing and 10 pounds aftee that the same. But i have never been that big so i dont know how it is for the 5'8 270 pound dudes but i dont think thats to attractive for the chicks. The homo thing i dont know but i had a 65 year old schmoewho trained im the same gym after me lol. Even if he jist started to train and noticed that i was done And heading down to the showers  he always followed me down to shower and waa really quick to take off hus own clothes but i always showered at home when he was there lol

I would think you could take care of yourself. It's not like the schmoe is going to attack you in the showers. Were you afraid of him? That's pretty funny when you think about it.

The gym I belong to has private stall showers so your schmoe friend might be disappointed if he hit the showers there. I shower at home unless I use the pool area at the gym.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »

and yeah, my girl tells me that i don't need to add any more than 10 more kilos MAX and i've added 7 kilo so far, but the funny thing is once we start getting intimate she has a hard time keeping her hands off of my pecs and lats ;D

and truth be told, she didn't do those things when i was 7 kilos lighter, so go figure

also, i think females like it better when a fella isn't so fucking ripped, like 8-10% is better for them than 5-6%

Different strokes for different folks. Some women like men who are lean and others like them big and muscular. It is not different than some men liking women with big tits and ass, while others like me find athletic looking women more attractive.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 12:21:35 PM »
Different strokes for different folks. Some women like men who are lean and others like them big and muscular. It is not different than some men liking women with big tits and ass, while others like me find athletic looking women more attractive.

if you show most females this pic they will say "gross" "too big" etc

but the thing is... if they would be next to him in the flesh they'd get pretty damn wet pussies me thinks ;)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 02:30:17 AM »
I would think you could take care of yourself. It's not like the schmoe is going to attack you in the showers. Were you afraid of him? That's pretty funny when you think about it.

The gym I belong to has private stall showers so your schmoe friend might be disappointed if he hit the showers there. I shower at home unless I use the pool area at the gym.
yeah he was harmless and i didnt have a problem with him but the gym had only 2 showers that where side by side and it felt to awkward to shower beside a homo that had a crush on me

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 02:34:04 AM »

haha hell no. Chicks diggs muscle as long it doesnt makr you look like a meatball