Author Topic: Who was the best athlete, considering all sports, of the 20th century?  (Read 29262 times)

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Who was the best athlete, considering all sports, of the 20th century?
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2007, 09:28:32 AM »
I was makin a joke fucktard

It wasn't funny asswipe.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2007, 09:28:52 AM »
I was makin a joke fucktard

Ya, Sammy on roids. The thread's at new lows. ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2007, 09:30:23 AM »
Really? I did not know that :-\!

Holy crap...i was lied to....read this

Sammy Davis Jr. claimed that his mother was Puerto Rican, however the 2003 biography In Black and White alleges that he made this claim due to the political sensitivities of the 1960s (during the Cuban Missile Crisis), and that his mother was born in New York of Cuban descent rather than in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Sorry for the misinfo.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2007, 09:30:40 AM »
Steve Redgrave - five gold medals in five consecutive olympic games. A stunning achievement in a brutal sport. Also nine gold world championship medals.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2007, 09:32:39 AM »
Steve Redgrave - five gold medals in five consecutive olympic games. A stunning achievement in a brutal sport. Also nine gold world championship medals.

What a surprise that UK Golden Shower points out an annonymous Brit. Great accomplishments but only in one type of sport. Physically underwhelming. He'd be completely dominated & tossed aside like a ragdoll by some of the Americans mentioned here.
http://www.steveredgrave.com/

Is the buttplug ready for this weekend? :-\

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2007, 09:33:23 AM »
What about Teh Carl Lewis...

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2007, 09:33:50 AM »
What about Teh Carl Lewis...

Agreed but Jesse Owens was just a little better.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2007, 09:35:27 AM »
Come on people, NO Athlete has ever been so godlike as Jordan compared to the rest of the people in his sport. Ali lost 4 times, Woods blows hot and cold too much, Gretzsky was good but not enough titles, Federer is playing in a waterdown era of Tennis, Sampras sucked on Clay, Pele and Maradonna were Overrated, Carl Lewis has had his records broken and lost too much on Olympic stage, NFL doesnt even have a clearcut best, Ruth was a fatfuck, shows how good the rest of the league was for a Obese guy to be the best in the League.If Jordan was playing in todays Internet age he'd be so much bigger than Woods on a global scale it wouldnt even be funny.Espn always vote Jordan number 1 and rightly so.Check this vid, his 9th game as a pro, Enough said.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2007, 09:36:05 AM »
Aleksandr Karelin deserves a mention too.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2007, 09:36:48 AM »
Come on people, NO Athlete has ever been so godlike compared to the rest of the people in his sport. Ali lost 4 times, Woods blows hot and cold too much, Gretzsky was good but not enough titles, Federer is playing in a waterdown era of Tennis, Sampras sucked on Clay, Pele and Maradonna were Overrated, Carl Lewis has had his records broken and lost too much on Olympic stage, NFL doesnt even have a clearcut best, Ruth was a fatfuck, shows how good the rest of the league was for a Obese guy to be the best in the League.If Jordan was playing in todays Internet age he'd be so much bigger than Woods on a global scale it wouldnt even be funny.Espn always vote Jordan number 1 and rightly so.Check this vid, his 9th game as a pro, Enough said.

What a joke; Jordan proved that he couldn't do anything other than basketball. Even in basketball i think Wilt and Magic were better.

I think he's been watching to many Nike commercial reruns.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2007, 09:37:55 AM »
What a surprise that UK Golden Shower points out an annonymous Brit. Great accomplishments but only in one type of sport. Physically underwhelming. He'd be completely dominated overall by some of the Americans mentioned here.

Is the buttplug ready for this weekend? :-\
Annonymous? Hardly. He is usually touted by sports writers as being the worlds greatest living olympian.

Physically underwhelming? You've obviously never seen him!

One thing is damn sure, NONE of the athletes mentioned built used a bowflex!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »
I think UK Golden Shower's obsession has to do with using a Bowflex while sitting on this weekend's choice of butt plugs. :-* He already admitted to this butt plug thing a few weeks ago. Even i was embarassed.

That British geezer's a horrible choice BTW.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2007, 09:41:26 AM »
Steve Redgrave - five gold medals in five consecutive olympic games. A stunning achievement in a brutal sport.

Never heard of him... so I looked him up.

Rowing??

If it's performed sitting down, it's not a sport.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2007, 09:43:24 AM »
Never heard of him... so I looked him up.

Rowing??

If it's performed sitting down, it's not a sport.

Irrelevant, except to an overly-nationalistic, butt plug obsessed british hoser like UK Golden Shower:
http://www.steveredgrave.com/

Ya he must've been awesome! ::)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2007, 09:45:45 AM »
What a joke; Jordan proved that he couldn't do anything other than basketball. Even in basketball i think Wilt and Magic were better.

I think he's been watching to many Nike commercial reruns.

Magic played on Pratical all star teams and still didnt win as many Titles, mvps etc as Jordan. Wilt played in a league where shot attempts per game were nearly double that of today, thus the inflated Points, rebounds etc.Also wilt was a 7 foot black guy playing against 6'7 white stiff centers in an 8 team league,the standard sucked back then.Even then he only won 2 titles to Jordans 6  ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2007, 09:47:45 AM »
Magic played on Pratical all star teams and still didnt win as many Titles, mvps etc as Jordan. Wilt played in a league where shot attempts per game were nearly double that of today, thus the inflated Points, rebounds etc.Also wilt was a 7 foot black guy playing against 6'7 white stiff centers in an 8 team league,the standard sucked back then.Even then he only won 2 titles to Jordans 6  ::)

Jordan did absolutely nothing outside of basketball, and proved that he couldn't hack it in another sport. Wilt & Magic are easily comparable if not better than Jordan-Magic had only one less championship playing against great Boston & Philly teams while Jordan played only nobodies.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2007, 09:51:11 AM »
Jordan did absolutely nothing outside of basketball, and proved that he couldn't hack it in another sport. Wilt & Magic are easily comparable if not better than Jordan-Magic had only one less championship playing against a great Boston team while Jordan played only nobodies.

And how many of the Consensus top 10 best ever did anything outside of 1 sport?Oh yeah thats right none.If Magic was so much better than Jordan why was it acknowledged by most that by 88-89 Jordan was already the best player ever to play before even winning a title, when magic at that time had 5 titles to Jordans 0?

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2007, 09:56:12 AM »
Jim Thorpe.

No one else is even close.

He won Olympic gold medals in the pentathlon and decathlon, starred in college and professional football, played Major League Baseball and also had a career in basketball.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2007, 09:59:11 AM »
I bet 'pumpster' curses ND everytime someone posts that bowflex pic!!! Ha ha ha, i just can't believe he has the temerity to give people 'training' advice!

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »
Ali lost 4 times...  Pele and Maradonna were Overrated

I don't think anyone considers Ali even the single greatest boxer of all time. But I think it's clear that there has never been a more famous athlete - not even Michael Jordan. At his height, the only person on the planet more widely recognized than Ali was the Pope. In a celebrity culture such as ours, that has to count for something.

Since you bring him up, you might say that Maradona was the Flex Wheeler of futbol. Incomparable natural gifts and (if you'll permit some brief gayness) really beautiful to watch at the height of their game. Plus drugs, craziness, etc.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2007, 10:18:11 AM »
Well, for all that he contributed to the sport, what he achieved and what he stands for today I would say Arnold!
Michael Schumaker

PB

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2007, 10:18:54 AM »
Jim Thorpe.

No one else is even close.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Thorpe

100 years ago doesn't mean as much now.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2007, 10:19:56 AM »
I bet 'pumpster' curses ND everytime someone posts that bowflex pic!!! Ha ha ha, i just can't believe he has the temerity to give people 'training' advice!

The funniest thing is that UK buttplug man is no more perceptive than ND in the inability to pick up on the fact that the pic is meaningless. LOL here.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2007, 10:21:51 AM »
Look, I'm Jewish and very proud of it.

Relative to our numbers, we fucking own the Nobel Prize.

Olympic medals, not so much.  :)
LOL. Got to go back to Airplane to see Elaine handing Ted that leaflet of 'Famous Jewish Sports Legends.'

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2007, 10:22:26 AM »
Buttman UK Golden Shower on the other hand actually confirmed here on getbig that he's into plugs. Which one's on tap for this weekend? LOL