Author Topic: Delusional people are not just found on bbing sites...  (Read 1190 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Delusional people are not just found on bbing sites...
« on: May 28, 2013, 07:36:07 AM »
There is a 64 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan near my parents, and the guy will sell. So, I happened to look at Craigslist to see what people were trying to sell their 64s for...

And I was like, WTH, are these people delusional? Do these people really want to sell the car, or are they just trying to hold onto the car?
There were several guys with 64 Galaxies, from the range of $2,500-5,000 who said "looks great, runs great", and the cars had rust, the engine looked like it developed a rare form of "skin" disease, that of course only affects metal, the floors on the driver's side looked rusted out, and looked like if you stepped on the gas, your foot would go through the floor. There were guys who wanted 6k-8k for cars that looked like they haven't run since 1985, if that..and none had any of the "hot" engines. And there was the ubiquitous "needs some work" and "engine used to run".

I saw a 67 GTO shell on a trailer and the guy wanted 9k for it...no real word on the condition. Looks to be painted...

Just like some people who claim a certain % of bodyfat, and it looks like that is the percent of milk they drink.

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: Delusional people are not just found on bbing sites...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 07:38:12 AM »
Imagine what all these cars will be worth when the baby boomers all die... Jack shit.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:38:27 AM »
There is a 64 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan near my parents, and the guy will sell. So, I happened to look at Craigslist to see what people were trying to sell their 64s for...

And I was like, WTH, are these people delusional? Do these people really want to sell the car, or are they just trying to hold onto the car?
There were several guys with 64 Galaxies, from the range of $2,500-5,000 who said "looks great, runs great", and the cars had rust, the engine looked like it developed a rare form of "skin" disease, that of course only affects metal, the floors on the driver's side looked rusted out, and looked like if you stepped on the gas, your foot would go through the floor. There were guys who wanted 6k-8k for cars that looked like they haven't run since 1985, if that..and none had any of the "hot" engines. And there was the ubiquitous "needs some work" and "engine used to run".

I saw a 67 GTO shell on a trailer and the guy wanted 9k for it...no real word on the condition. Looks to be painted...

Just like some people who claim a certain % of bodyfat, and it looks like that is the percent of milk they drink.
scam to get women to test drive and then rape them. guy got murdered off there trying to sell a truck a few weeks ago.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 07:46:12 AM »
scam to get women to test drive and then rape them. guy got murdered off there trying to sell a truck a few weeks ago.
Maybe he was asking too much, and the buyer was thinking he was trying  to "rape" him...

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:53:37 AM »
Speaking of delusional people and their cars, what does tbombz drive?

A Volkswagen Rabbit ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
Speaking of delusional people and their cars, what does tbombz drive?

A Volkswagen Rabbit ;D
He had a V6 Mustang at one time...with some sort of chrome rims.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 09:21:47 AM »
There's a 1993 Dodge D250 with over 400,000 miles on it listed on Craigslist near me for $21,999.

I'm assuming the guy thinks that because it's a Cummins 12v he'll have buyers clamoring over it.  I'm sure there's plenty of hillbillies who'd love to get their hands on a nice 12v...but you can buy a billet block crate engine 12v for less than $22k...and not have 400,000 miles of engine to pull out of a rusted '93 dodge.  

The truck hasn't been taken care of and neither has the engine...so this isn't some redneck's "baby" first gen.
Y

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 09:25:26 AM »

?

your a car guy. you should know that original metal survivors are not cheap. if you want a car that runs go buy a 1990 volkswagen. lol wtf do you think your going to get for 3-5k when your looking at probably one of the most popular and collectable cars of that time period.

maybe your the one with delusions.
b

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 09:15:13 AM »
?

your a car guy. you should know that original metal survivors are not cheap. if you want a car that runs go buy a 1990 volkswagen. lol wtf do you think your going to get for 3-5k when your looking at probably one of the most popular and collectable cars of that time period.

maybe your the one with delusions.
4-5 grand for a rusted out vehicle, that may not be a runner? And we are talking about the 4 door, not the coupe, and then they were automatics, with the 352s. Looking at some of those vehicles, I've seen cars in better shape in junk yards, and the same vintage.

Now, a 65-67 Impala coupe, I can see. Or the 64 Galaxie 500 XL coupe---people are looking for those.
These baby boomers have delusions that their less than muscle car sedan should carry a premium

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 09:17:20 AM »
My neighbor just hit a midlife crisis.  Bought a Mustang BOSS.  I don't think he has ever driven it yet.  He just seems to spend all his time in the garage polishing it.  Epic excuse to get away from the wife and kids.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 09:22:16 AM »
You see delusional pricing all the time on Craig's list.  If you've owned and used and item for many years don't expect to get close to the price you paid for it.  People don't realize that if there isn't much of a difference in price between buying old vs. new, people are going to buy new.
A

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 09:25:54 AM »
You see delusional pricing all the time on Craig's list.  If you've owned and used and item for many years don't expect to get close to the price you paid for it.  People don't realize that if there isn't much of a difference in price between buying old vs. new, people are going to buy new.
Demand drives market prices, if nobody is buying the prices would drop.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 09:28:01 AM »
Demand drives market prices, if nobody is buying the prices would drop.

I don't know if market forces work the same way at the level of the individual seller.
A

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 10:27:43 AM »
I don't know if market forces work the same way at the level of the individual seller.
Sure it does, if you have a car and get ready to sell it and others of your model and condition are selling for 5-6k would you list yours at 3? Probably not, the market tells you that you should be asking 5-6.

Besides, almost nobody gets their asking price anyway. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 05:54:36 PM »
Sure it does, if you have a car and get ready to sell it and others of your model and condition are selling for 5-6k would you list yours at 3? Probably not, the market tells you that you should be asking 5-6.

Besides, almost nobody gets their asking price anyway. ;)

Delusional people don't think that way...which is the point of this thread.  You're welcome to start a "normal thinking and appropriate rationale" thread if you want.
Y

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 08:56:47 PM »
Imagine what all these cars will be worth when the baby boomers all die... Jack shit.

Fast and Furious type movies will keep the prices high