Author Topic: Experienced FBB's and psychological / spiritual effects of weight lifting.  (Read 4825 times)

catonic

• Getbig I
Hi, I am a 60 year old guy who has spent the last half of my life doing various spiritual / psychological type practices such as 10 day Buddhist meditation retreats. All authentic spiritual traditions are based on the spirit / body relationship and how we hold blockages/ traumas etc in our bodies. Practices such as tai chi, hatha yoga etc are used as one way of dealing with these blockages.
More recently I have been going to the gym and doing some body building work.
I am interested in talking with any experienced (50 y.o +) female body builders who have had a long term interest in the effects their body building / weight training has had on their mental / emotional wellbeing and the effects they have noticed on their friends who are also into body building etc.
Whilst it is well known and very well documented that many forms of exercise help with various mental states, such as depression, I am interested in those with a much more general and long-term practical experience of these issues.
Many thanks, catonic