Author Topic: A NEW TECHNIQUE to share with you Getbiggers.  (Read 7933 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: A NEW TECHNIQUE to share with you Getbiggers.
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2007, 04:20:30 PM »
Getbigs most Famous

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2007, 04:25:51 PM »
monster 12 inch arms on squatfather over there

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2007, 04:36:09 PM »
Again. It is relative to what exercises you do and the intensity.

I am quite confident an hours worth of 20 rep squats with 2-3 minute rests between sets until you get to an hour, would surely burn more than 300 calories.

the weight you would have to use in order to sustain that activity would be so light you might as well just do cardio. and you're ignoring how long it takes to do the sets. are you talking 20 reps with breathing between? or 20 nonstop? in the former case, there's no way you could do more than three sets of that with such brief resting period. if the latter, you'd again have to be going so light that you might as well start running.

you have two kinds of muscle fibers: fast twitch and slow (plus the slow is further subdivided into IIa and IIb). your fast twitch has no endurance, your slow has no strength (speaking in sweeping generalities). the type of weightlifting that, for how long the exertion occurs, burns the most calories would be complete unsustainable for long periods.

otherwise why do 20 rep squats? why not do repeated max effort triples with short rest? you're tacitly admitting that you have to do endurance training to burn calories rather than heavy lifting in that your scenario involves gearing the "lifting" all toward endurance.

and that's COMPLETELY ignoring CNS effect. by your logic, we should just add an exercise or two to every workout. and we should do it all ball-bustingly heavy. because the heavier the lift, the more effort is exerted and thus the more calories are burned. unfortunately, once again, the body isn't that simple. you can't just think "well calories burned is energy expended, and lifting weights is harder than running, so lifting weights for an hour means more burned calories!" because the body just plain don't work dat way.

and that's further ignoring the fact that at different levels of exertion different fuel sources are used, AND that this can be heavily dependent on your diet. in a ketogenic diet, the body uses fat for its fuel source over carbs (as there are no carbs in the diet for most of the week). so if we do an hour of cardio and burn 1000 calories, that's 1000 calories of fat burned at 9cals per gram, that's 111.11g or roughly a quarter of a pound. in this model, four days of cardio per week is a pound of fat lost, and that's not including how many more are spent due to calorie reduction.

i could keep going, but i'm getting bored. though i do so enjoy doing things like this that it's why i decided to start responding again. at least when you're civil and not acting like an idiot (or posting as the heckler).

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2007, 05:50:36 PM »
the weight you would have to use in order to sustain that activity would be so light you might as well just do cardio. and you're ignoring how long it takes to do the sets. are you talking 20 reps with breathing between? or 20 nonstop? in the former case, there's no way you could do more than three sets of that with such brief resting period. if the latter, you'd again have to be going so light that you might as well start running.

you have two kinds of muscle fibers: fast twitch and slow (plus the slow is further subdivided into IIa and IIb). your fast twitch has no endurance, your slow has no strength (speaking in sweeping generalities). the type of weightlifting that, for how long the exertion occurs, burns the most calories would be complete unsustainable for long periods.

otherwise why do 20 rep squats? why not do repeated max effort triples with short rest? you're tacitly admitting that you have to do endurance training to burn calories rather than heavy lifting in that your scenario involves gearing the "lifting" all toward endurance.

and that's COMPLETELY ignoring CNS effect. by your logic, we should just add an exercise or two to every workout. and we should do it all ball-bustingly heavy. because the heavier the lift, the more effort is exerted and thus the more calories are burned. unfortunately, once again, the body isn't that simple. you can't just think "well calories burned is energy expended, and lifting weights is harder than running, so lifting weights for an hour means more burned calories!" because the body just plain don't work dat way.

and that's further ignoring the fact that at different levels of exertion different fuel sources are used, AND that this can be heavily dependent on your diet. in a ketogenic diet, the body uses fat for its fuel source over carbs (as there are no carbs in the diet for most of the week). so if we do an hour of cardio and burn 1000 calories, that's 1000 calories of fat burned at 9cals per gram, that's 111.11g or roughly a quarter of a pound. in this model, four days of cardio per week is a pound of fat lost, and that's not including how many more are spent due to calorie reduction.

i could keep going, but i'm getting bored. though i do so enjoy doing things like this that it's why i decided to start responding again. at least when you're civil and not acting like an idiot (or posting as the heckler).

Small correction: It's the Fast Twitch which are divided into two types, usually called IIa and IIx.

Not the Slow Twitch.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2007, 05:59:11 PM »
Small correction: It's the Fast Twitch which are divided into two types, usually called IIa and IIx.

Not the Slow Twitch.

-Hedge

whoops, my bad. i always get that one backwards. :-X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2007, 06:00:48 PM »

Actually the body is that simple and efficient and you have demonstrated my point well.  I advocate all styles of training, high reps, low reps, varying weights.  I do all.

Cardio is not neccesary at all though due to the fact when we are already in a caloric defecit, fat will be burned all day, even at rest.  Combine that with weightlifting and that is more than enough.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2007, 06:27:47 PM »
Whats funny is, picturing your fat ass trying to struggle to get one pullup....You`d rip the fucking doorframe out,collapse in a pile of your own misery without even completing a quarter rep of one pullup.

You are a joke fat man.

Whats even funnier is the image of you trying to deadlift 225 for 112 reps like you said you can.  Now thats funny.  Another funny thing is trying to imagine you bench pressing 405 like you said you did.  Your skinny weak ass couldn't lift shit.  You would be laughed out of a gym if you went.  Is the reason why you can't post a video, you got kicked out of the gym.  I know thats part of it and the fact you never could do it.  Remember your role here on Getbig and other boards, you are the joke, you are the one WE laugh at.  It won't change no matter how much you lie to everyone.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2007, 06:34:31 PM »
Why is Adonis advocating that people do squats for an hour?

He can't even manage the ten minutes it takes him to deadlift 225 for 112 reps...

The Luke

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2007, 06:38:01 PM »
Actually the body is that simple and efficient and you have demonstrated my point well.  I advocate all styles of training, high reps, low reps, varying weights.  I do all.

Cardio is not neccesary at all though due to the fact when we are already in a caloric defecit, fat will be burned all day, even at rest.  Combine that with weightlifting and that is more than enough.

the body is NOT that simple. at all. the body is a complex machine and boiling everything down into activity vs non-activity, caloric surplus vs deficit is simply a case of massive misunderstanding of how the body works.

cardio is not necessary to cause a caloric deficit, it's true, but that doesn't mean that one who causes said deficit just by diet will end up looking the same as one who does so via cardio. you certainly wouldn't flip that around and say that you don't need to lift weights because a caloric surplus is a caloric surplus and causes growth, would you?

someone like me could definitely drop fat simply through dietary adjustments, but that will only carry one so far. and more than that, HOW the calories are burned is a big difference. calorie usage changes greatly given activity, and while i'm no doctor i believe anyone with medical training will tell you that the body uses calories differently at rest versus while doing something like cardio.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2007, 07:40:15 PM »
Some more ideas:-

When at work:-  Do 10 incline press-ups on the vending machine before and after getting your coffee.
When at the pub:-  Put feet on a stool and do 10 dips with hands on the bar before and after ordering your drinks.
When at the club:-  Do 20 one-leg calf raises on the steps everytime the queue moves forward.
When on GetBig:-  Do 10 sissy squats off your chair before and after every post.

;D

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2007, 07:52:38 PM »
Oh lord it's the attack of the delusional people today.  Vince you should try the Apenis principle.  You're a fat so-called BB so you need his concentration camp principles to get lean.  Go for it man.  You would be the perfect example.

Also you should sell Apenis's book on your website.
Hahahaha is it me or is everyone teaming up on you today? Let me help you and i cannot stress the points any clearer. Maybe this time they will get through your fat head.
1. You are FAT
2. You need to lose weight
3. You are a NOBODY
4. You suck
5. Thxbye

jong_1

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2007, 05:50:29 PM »
A similar idea to the first post on this thread but with a different approach...

"Fortunately for me, I came across an article about pullups on Clarence Bass' website, www.cbass.com, during the summer of 2000. Clarence Bass runs an excellent website and it was where I originally heard of Pavel Tsatsouline and www.Dragondoor.com. In the article, which was called ‘A Small Experiment in Synaptic Facilitation’, Clarence told a story of how Pavel Tsatsouline's father-in-law was able to set a personal record with pullups after performing multiple sets of pullups throughout each day. Roger Antonson used the program to perform 20 pullups after just a few months of training, which was more than he had been able to do 40 years earlier in the Marine Corps. Clarence followed a similar program and was also able to perform 20 pullups after a few months of training, too. I was intrigued and had to try this program for myself!

The basic idea behind this program is to perform a selected exercise as often as possible without overtraining. In order to avoid overtraining, none of the sets should be taken to muscular failure. The formula Pavel gave was "Specificity + Frequent Practice = Success." Pavel's father-in-law did one set of pullups every time he went down to his basement, which added up to a total of 25 to 100 pullups per day. Clarence Bass' approach was slightly different. He "did three sets of chins each day (morning, noon, and late afternoon) and occasionally an additional set in the evening." Clarence began his experiment with sets of 10. I decided to try the approach Clarence Bass used. Things worked fine for a while. I was doing sets of 10 reps three times a day. It was easy the first week, but doing 3 sets of 10 reps became difficult towards the end of the second week. Copying Clarence's approach, or anyone's approach exactly, was a mistake for me. In hindsight, I could have reduced my reps per set and kept doing 3 sets per day. Instead, I changed my approach to doing just one set per day and adding 1 rep to my sets every 2 weeks. The approach might not seem like much, but my progress was steady and I always felt fresh. I had purchased a copy of Power to the People! at this time and read about a scientific study that found 1 set of 5 reps performed 5 days a week was more effective than 5 sets of 5 reps once a week. Therefore, my approach seemed logical. My experiment began on July 3, 2000 with 1set of 11 pullups per day. I was averaging 16 pullups a day a few months later and decided to test myself. I was finally able to do an easy 20 pullups, plus I scored a 300 on my next PFT! A friend of mine has used this same program consistently for over two years. In an e-mail to me, he wrote, "I have ran four 300 PFTs in a row the last one having been in June. I will do another in two weeks... I did do the workout with my Marines in Oki. I even let a few test out the kettlebells and they like them. In two short years I was able to get most of my PLT to 1st class PFT scores. When I arrived, I had half 1st class and half second class. We did pullups every day 1 set at 75% of max, then the pullup ladder on Fridays. We made it a competition. Most of the Marines saw great gains in their pullups like I did."

Begin the program by doing one set of pullups per day. The number of reps to start off with should be between 2/3 and 3/4 of your max. Add 1 pull-up to your daily set about once every 2 weeks. Adding reps too soon may lead to burnout. Use your intuition to determine what's best for you. The volume will increase gradually and allow your body to adapt. Test your pullups every 6 weeks and post your results on the Dragondoor.com forum. You can also use this program to maintain a given number of pullups. For example, many people can perform 20 pullups on any given day as long as they continue to do an average of 16 pullups per day. The program is quick and will produce good results. Plus, it won't interfere with your other training goals. Once you perform your 20 pullups, you have a few options other than just maintaining your ability to do 20 pullups. You can use more advanced training methods, like ladders, to add more reps to your pullups or you can begin doing pullups with additional weight attached to your body. Good luck!"

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2007, 06:03:07 PM »
Funny that many people are attacking TA, but most aren't attacking the idea.  it's a pretty good idea. Might interfere with back day a bit in the beginning, but once you got used to it, it'd be very beneficial.  The only disclaimer would be "Do not attempt pullups in those scenarios where a great deal of bodily waste is making a beeline from the exit".

other than that, great contribution.

I'll attack the idea as being dangerous.

The pullup is a heavy exercise, especially if you weigh 200 or more. No one would do a 200lb pulldown for their first set.

By constantly doing them, cold, sooner or later, you're gonna pull something. You can probably get away with it if you're very young, but over-30 people will eventually tear themselves apart.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2007, 06:04:25 PM »
Hahahaha is it me or is everyone teaming up on you today? Let me help you and i cannot stress the points any clearer. Maybe this time they will get through your fat head.
1. You are FAT
2. You need to lose weight
3. You are a NOBODY
4. You suck
5. Thxbye

if you change the first 2 to read:

1.  You are SKINNY
2.  You need to put on some weight

the post would apply to you cause you suck and you're a nobody running around defending a guy-ta-who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.  Mega having an internet hero and feeling like you need to stick up for him at the drop of a dime.

You're a young guy and you're on here more than almost anyone else...have you ever even touched a girl?  Seriously, go try to pick up a chick and in 6 months from now after you've gotten to 2nd base you'll wonder why you spent so much of your "formative years" on BB message boards with TA's balls hanging from your mouth.

nasser=piece of shit

Krusader

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2007, 06:06:09 PM »
Adonis,

Why don't you put a 225 lb barbell beside your toilet with a camcorder rigged up.... then you could burn thousands of calories flapping your yap making excuses every time you go to the bathroom.

The Luke

Hahahahahaa The Luke....  ;D

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2007, 07:28:37 PM »
Adam, thats a great way to overtrain your back.

A better solution would be to put a 45lb plate around your waist with a belt chain and do sets of 6 x4.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2007, 02:23:12 AM »
if you change the first 2 to read:

1.  You are SKINNY
2.  You need to put on some weight

the post would apply to you cause you suck and you're a nobody running around defending a guy-ta-who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.  Mega having an internet hero and feeling like you need to stick up for him at the drop of a dime.

You're a young guy and you're on here more than almost anyone else...have you ever even touched a girl?  Seriously, go try to pick up a chick and in 6 months from now after you've gotten to 2nd base you'll wonder why you spent so much of your "formative years" on BB message boards with TA's balls hanging from your mouth.

Translation: I'm fat too.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2007, 03:33:32 AM »
I just bought a pull-up bar that installs in a door frame.  You can get them at any sporting goods store.

Here is what you do.   

Install it in your bathroom door frame.  Everytime you go to the bathroom Do a set of Pullups to failure before entering and then one after to failure when  you are done using the bathroom.  Do this everytime you use the bathroom.  Do this everyday. 

Not only will you help build muscle, you will never have to do cardio as this will burn way more calories each day, then cardio would.

Also, you can use the pull-up bar anytime you like, but make the bathroom visits mandatory.

Sociopath:

Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others.

Make no mistake............this represents the psychological profile of "Adonis" IMO.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2007, 03:48:23 AM »
Yeah I did lots of pullups like that everday at one time..... when I weighed 160-170lbs or so and before I really got into weight training full time. No way anyone carrying decent weight can do that many pull ups everyday and still weight train hard, like someone said you would be injured pretty fast.
I

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2007, 04:27:42 AM »
Translation: I'm fat too.

nope, not at all. translate this:  Go suck a dick.
nasser=piece of shit

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2007, 04:36:32 AM »
exactly, this is where these so called "bodybuilders" go wrong, they have a mistaken mindset that McDonald's is a "cheat food" or a "bad food", well no shit Sherlock ANY food eaten in that type of excess is bad, fuccking morons.

You do understand that Adam considers you 'obese' right??

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2007, 04:38:07 AM »

As far as you are concerned, you need to use Adonis Principles for your mobile home doublewide fat ass of yours....... ;D

Monster, epic, HUGE, MONSTROUS irony there in that statement!!!!!

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2007, 05:37:17 AM »
Sociopath:

Someone whose social behavior is extremely abnormal. Sociopaths are interested only in their personal needs and desires, without concern for the effects of their behavior on others.

Make no mistake............this represents the psychological profile of "Adonis" IMO.

lol fucking oath it does, he'd rather pick out the ridiculous superficial factors of his and other peoples lives, its just way to easy to do.. put other people down to make yourself feel better, its like childs play. Experiment with the human body he sure does, but theres no golden rules .. sorry, we adapt to many things and he thinks HE speaks gospel, dribbles shit all day and everyday, and as much as i like to see him whinge and complain, i know i wont train any different, and by his age look better and have a nicer looking mug (keke)

just think about it like this - the effort he puts in here (don't try and make it sound insignificant too Adonis, you live for this shit) brings no returns. A real teacher doesn't teach the way he does.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2007, 12:12:55 AM »
what does it matter how much you eat at once?

who the fuck is adonis to tell you what to do? 

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2007, 12:19:18 AM »

who the fuck is adonis to tell you what to do? 

Quoted for truth.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if or when TA comes on here and tells everyone who follows his "example" that he was just making up shit to see how many people's physiques he could ruin.