Author Topic: RNC Winter Meeting  (Read 2248 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
RNC Winter Meeting
« on: January 26, 2023, 09:38:33 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: RNC Winter Meeting
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 10:02:17 AM »
Don't hoard all the Pappy this time, ship some of that stuff East Coast.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 10:35:25 AM »
Don't hoard all the Pappy this time, ship some of that stuff East Coast.

Man I wish. Luckily the meetings this year are 30 miles from home. I came home last night but I have a room for tonight to hang out and network before the election tomorrow

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 10:35:51 AM »

Can you help get rid of Ronna McDaniel and replace her with Harmeet Dhillon?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 10:41:54 AM »
Can you help get rid of Ronna McDaniel and replace her with Harmeet Dhillon?

I want Harmeet as well by cousin wants Ronna because of what she’s done for Guam and Micronesia. I’m learning why certain strategies are done the way are. My Cousin and Harmeet are good friends and she’s upset because he’s voting for Ronna. But I think here in the states, Harmeet is the best choice. I met her when I was in DC in 2020 and have met several times since. Extremely bright person

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 10:45:09 AM »
I want Harmeet as well by cousin wants Ronna because of what she’s done for Guam and Micronesia. I’m learning why certain strategies are done the way are. My Cousin and Harmeet are good friends and she’s upset because he’s voting for Ronna. But I think here in the states, Harmeet is the best choice. I met her when I was in DC in 2020 and have met several times since. Extremely bright person

I've never met her but agree she seems extremely bright. 

If you look at Ronna's results, they are terrible.  In the private sector, she would be fired. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 10:52:14 AM »
I've never met her but agree she seems extremely bright. 

If you look at Ronna's results, they are terrible.  In the private sector, she would be fired.

So yesterday when I sat in at the States chairman session and the 2022 post election analysis group, most agreed that Ronna was doing a good job. We didn’t get the “red wave” that we thought because Trump was pushing bad candidates but we still came out ahead with a majority win. Don’t get me wrong, most everyone is still very much in Trumps corner. It’s just it is what it is

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 11:12:32 AM »
So yesterday when I sat in at the States chairman session and the 2022 post election analysis group, most agreed that Ronna was doing a good job. We didn’t get the “red wave” that we thought because Trump was pushing bad candidates but we still came out ahead with a majority win. Don’t get me wrong, most everyone is still very much in Trumps corner. It’s just it is what it is

With that approach, they will continue to suck.  How in the world can they be happy?  I doubt they will ever have a better set of circumstances than 2022.  Plus the Republican Party has consistently been outworked and outsmarted by Democrat activists and lawyers, which really manifested itself during the 2020 election. 

Wayne Tracker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 11:18:38 AM »

Republicans lost key governor races and lost ground in the Senate and they only have a tiny majority in the House (even smaller majority than Dems had in the last Congress)

All thanks to Trump and Ronna and the Republican Party who should have pushed back on his horrible hand picked candidates

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023, 11:35:15 AM »
With that approach, they will continue to suck.  How in the world can they be happy?  I doubt they will ever have a better set of circumstances than 2022.  Plus the Republican Party has consistently been outworked and outsmarted by Democrat activists and lawyers, which really manifested itself during the 2020 election.

Part of that same meeting was to unite with better messaging. I think it was the chair person from Alaska that was saying the two Republican candidates spent so much time with derogatory ads against one another while as the extreme far left candidate was coming off all sweet and innocent that she had the better message, not the better agenda but message.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 11:49:58 AM »

Joe, it looks like you been holding out on us! Most likely you knew about this since the middle of December and yet you've been mum. How convenient that it is being held so close to where you live. Was the registration fee expensive or did your sponsor cover it for you? Are you staying at the Waldorf Astoria? I am very excited for you. Hope you are having the time of your life. One word of warning, be careful what you sign up for. Both the Republican and Democrat national committees rely heavily on volunteerism.

Update: It looks like you are becoming a major player here. I predict you will attend the 2024 Republican National Convention in Milwaukie.
Part of that same meeting was to unite with better messaging. I think it was the chair person from Alaska that was saying the two Republican candidates spent so much time with derogatory ads against one another while as the extreme far left candidate was coming off all sweet and innocent that she had the better message, not the better agenda but message.

Golly gee wilikers, do you suppose you will be selected to serve on a committee. Who is your sponsor? Is it the same person who got you invited to the Christmas party and the Whitehouse a couple of years back?

Obviously you passed the extensive health protocols surrounding COVID for attendance.

HEALTH PROTOCOLS
All 2023 RNC Winter Meeting attendees are encouraged to abide by local, state, and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety.
Testing
We will not be requiring testing to attend the meeting; however, a limited number of tests will be available on-site for individuals experiencing signs of illness while at Winter Meeting OR for attendees who require a negative test result to travel home.
Please notify Member Services if you require a test or medical services during Winter Meeting. It is probably better to say nothing should this happen.
Masks
At this time, masks are not required to be worn in the hotel. Whew! Wearing a mask is such a pain.
Positive Results and COVID-19 Exposure
1. If you test positive for COVID-19 after January 20, you will not be permitted to attend Winter Meeting. Clearly you passed.
2. In the event you test positive for COVID-19 at Winter Meeting, you will be required to isolate and follow the guidance provided by RNC staff to ensure the safety of all meeting attendees. Pray this doesn't happen.
3. If you are exposed to an individual with COVID-19, you may be asked to: take a COVID-19 test; quarantine in your hotel room; and/or return home. It is best to maintain social distancing just to be safe. Avoid photo ops with attractive females unless you stand 6 feet apart.
4. In the event a COVID-19 related incident occurs, refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis. -surely you have nothing to worry about here.

Folks, check this out. Right now, Joe is living it up in the lap of luxury for a couple of days at the Waldorf Astoria while attending the RNC Winter Meeting. I sure hope the food is better than it is at the conferences I've attended, especially if there is a banquet at the conclusion of the Winter Meeting.

Be sure to let us know if Trump attends.

Check out these snazzy accommodations.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2023, 12:13:23 PM »
Joe, it looks like you been holding out on us! Most likely you knew about this since the middle of December and yet you've been mum. How convenient that it is being held so close to where you live. Was the registration fee expensive or did your sponsor cover it for you? Are you staying at the Waldorf Astoria? I am very excited for you. Hope you are having the time of your life. One word of warning, be careful what you sign up for. Both the Republican and Democrat national committees rely heavily on volunteerism.

Update: It looks like you are becoming a major player here. I predict you will attend the 2024 Republican National Convention in Milwaukie.

Golly gee wilikers, do you suppose you will be selected to serve on a committee. Who is your sponsor? Is it the same person who got you invited to the Christmas party and the Whitehouse a couple of years back?

Obviously you passed the extensive health protocols surrounding COVID for attendance.

HEALTH PROTOCOLS
All 2023 RNC Winter Meeting attendees are encouraged to abide by local, state, and federal guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety.
Testing
We will not be requiring testing to attend the meeting; however, a limited number of tests will be available on-site for individuals experiencing signs of illness while at Winter Meeting OR for attendees who require a negative test result to travel home.
Please notify Member Services if you require a test or medical services during Winter Meeting. It is probably better to say nothing should this happen.
Masks
At this time, masks are not required to be worn in the hotel. Whew! Wearing a mask is such a pain.
Positive Results and COVID-19 Exposure
1. If you test positive for COVID-19 after January 20, you will not be permitted to attend Winter Meeting. Clearly you passed.
2. In the event you test positive for COVID-19 at Winter Meeting, you will be required to isolate and follow the guidance provided by RNC staff to ensure the safety of all meeting attendees. Pray this doesn't happen.
3. If you are exposed to an individual with COVID-19, you may be asked to: take a COVID-19 test; quarantine in your hotel room; and/or return home. It is best to maintain social distancing just to be safe. Avoid photo ops with attractive females unless you stand 6 feet apart.
4. In the event a COVID-19 related incident occurs, refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis. -surely you have nothing to worry about here.

Folks, check this out. Right now, Joe is living it up in the lap of luxury for a couple of days at the Waldorf Astoria while attending the RNC Winter Meeting. I sure hope the food is better than it is at the conferences I've attended, especially if there is a banquet at the conclusion of the Winter Meeting.

Be sure to let us know if Trump attends.

Check out these snazzy accommodations.

Gollly gee wilikers sound a little triggered with the long post and backhanded compliments

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 02:37:37 PM »
Gollly gee wilikers sound a little triggered with the long post and backhanded compliments

Coach, I did not mean for any 'comments' to come across as backhanded. It is wonderful that you were given the opportunity to attend the NRC Winter Meeting. No doubt it is an honor you really appreciate. From what you posted; you have had some excellent conversations. I hope the rest of the RNC Winter Meeting is as stimulating for you as it seems to have been thus far.

My 'Golly gee wilikers' comment was intended to be lighthearted and not snide, which I suspect is part of what you refer to as backhanded.

You and I have opposing political views which is fine. Life would be exceptionally dull if people agreed all the time. This does not mean I don't understand how rewarding and fun an experience like this is for you. Over the past 30 plus years, I've attended multiple conferences and networked with a lot of folks, much like you are doing now. I hope you enjoy this event as much as I have similar ones.

The cautionary comments regarding getting roped into various commitments are based on my personal experience. When someone is as interested (ripe for the picking) and devoted to a cause as you are, folks want to sign you up. It is only human nature. Just be careful not to over-extend yourself. Honestly, I think it is great that you are there and being involved in something you obviously enjoy. Have a great time!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2023, 02:40:12 PM »
Coach, I did not mean for any 'comments' to come across as backhanded. It is wonderful that you were given the opportunity to attend the NRC Winter Meeting. No doubt it is an honor you really appreciate. From what you posted; you have had some excellent conversations. I hope the rest of the RNC Winter Meeting is as stimulating for you as it seems to have been  thus far.

My 'Golly gee wilikers' comment was intended to be lighthearted and not snide, which I suspect is part of what you refer to as backhanded.

You and I have opposing political views which is fine. Life would be exceptionally dull if people agreed all the time. This does not mean I don't understand how rewarding and fun an experience like this is. Over the past 30 plus years, I've attended multiple conferences and networked with a lot of folks, much like you are doing now. I hope you enjoy this event as much as I have at similar ones.

My cautionary comments regarding getting roped into various commitments are based on my personal experience. When someone is as interested (ripe for the picking) and devoted to a cause as you are, folks want to sign you up. It is only human nature. Just be careful not to over-extend yourself. Honestly, I think it is great that you are there and being involved in something you obviously enjoy. Have a great time!

..anyway. No one was tested and there wasn’t a single mask in sight.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 02:43:52 PM »
Congrats, Coach, you are now part of the Deep State.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 02:54:12 PM »
Congrats, Coach, you are part of the Deep Stste.

Hahaha…hardly. But I did get a bunch of people for some t shirt orders. VP of the NRA said he would add it to their social media

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2023, 02:55:28 PM »
..anyway. No one was tested and there wasn’t a single mask in sight.

-Not surprised at this. What was interesting in reading this is that they went into so much detail regarding COVID issues. My suspicion is that it was meant to appear PC and appease those folks who worry about exposure to COVID.

When I attended the last OSEA Conference at the end of June 2022 which was the first one after two years of them being cancelled due to COVID,  I was somewhat concerned we'd be required to wear masks because hundreds of folks are crowded into a conference room for many hours each of the three days it lasts. Thankfully, this was not the case, although there were a fair number of folks who chose to wear masks. You can be sure; I was not one of them.  ;)  Testing was not required either.

Are there social activities in the evening at the NRC meeting or is it all business? Some of the best conversations happen after the business sessions are finished for the day.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2023, 03:15:00 PM »
-Not surprised at this. What was interesting in reading this is that they went into so much detail regarding COVID issues. My suspicion is that it was meant to appear PC and appease those folks who worry about exposure to COVID.

When I attended the last OSEA Conference at the end of June 2022 which was the first one after two years of them being cancelled due to COVID,  I was somewhat concerned we'd be required to wear masks because hundreds of folks are crowded into a conference room for many hours each of the three days it lasts. Thankfully, this was not the case, although there were a fair number of folks who chose to wear masks. You can be sure; I was not one of them.  ;)  Testing was not required either.

Are there social activities in the evening at the NRC meeting or is it all business? Some of the best conversations happen after the business sessions are finished for the day.

Even when I went to DC in 2020 there was no testing and masks were optional but even there I didn’t see anyone with a mask except the servers.

Yes, at the end of each meeting there is a social after dinner. But throughout the day when not in meetings there was still a shit ton of networking. Met a lot of people today and will meet more tonight. Kelly Ann Conway is the keynote

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2023, 03:42:14 PM »
Even when I went to DC in 2020 there was no testing and masks were optional but even there I didn’t see anyone with a mask except the servers.

Yes, at the end of each meeting there is a social after dinner. But throughout the day when not in meetings there was still a shit ton of networking. Met a lot of people today and will meet more tonight. Kelly Ann Conway is the keynote

Hmm, haven't read much about Kelly Ann Conway in the news for quite awhile. Do you think she will play a major role in Trumps' 2024 bid for the Presidency like she did in 2016 when she was his campaign manager? She wrote in her book “The Case for (and Against) Donald Trump in 2024,” that she was one of the few to reject his false claims of a stolen election. Do you suppose Trump will welcome her back into his inner circle as a trusted confidant? From what I've read Conway was mum with the press regarding what she told the January 6th committee when she testified. She must have said something since she maintains she did not take the 5th.

What was the subject and contents of her keynote speech or is she speaking at the end of the meeting?

If I remember correctly, during political events, Republicans by in large, avoided wearing masks around the time of the Christmas at the White House event. It seemed like a way of protesting against mask wearing mandates. Unless the media lied, several people ended up getting COVID. It would be interesting to know how they felt about their protests after the contracted COVID, assumably from those close quarter events. No doubt it depended on how sick they became with the virus.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2023, 03:57:40 PM »
Hmm, haven't read much about Kelly Ann Conway in the news for quite awhile. Do you think she will play a major role in Trumps' 2024 bid for the Presidency like she did in 2016 when she was his campaign manager? She wrote in her book “The Case for (and Against) Donald Trump in 2024,” that she was one of the few to reject his false claims of a stolen election. Do you suppose Trump will welcome her back into his inner circle as a trusted confidant? From what I've read Conway was mum with the press regarding what she told the January 6th committee when she testified. She must have said something since she maintains she did not take the 5th.

Shes never left his inner circle. Not sure what roll she’ll have but she will have a roll from what I gather. 

What was the subject and contents of her keynote speech or is she speaking at the end of the meeting?

🤷‍♂️

If I remember correctly, during political events, Republicans by and large, avoided wearing masks around the time of the Christmas at the White House event. It seemed like a way of protesting against mask wearing mandates. Unless the media lied, several people ended up getting COVID. It would be interesting to know how they felt about their protests after the contracted COVID, assumably from those close quarter events. No doubt it depended on how sick they became with the virus.

Sounds about right. They know right away the prolonged lockdowns and masks were BS

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2023, 04:18:41 PM »
Sounds about right. They know right away the prolonged lockdowns and masks were BS

Honestly, they can't have known this since nobody did and they still don't. That these mandates were total BS remains a matter of opinion. Logically, any means of lessening one's exposure to a virus whether it be COVID, the common cold, or the flu, etc. reduces their chance of catching it. IMO, theirs was mostly a political statement. Many folks on the right rejected the COVID treat, while many on the left accepted that it was a problem and might have seen it as a bigger threat than it was. To this day, there are those folks who think COVID is a complete hoax, which is clearly total nonsense. COVID is a real virus. Whether it was handled well, remains to be seen... and until some folks become less polarized about its threat or lack thereof, the truth of the matter will remain hard to discern.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2023, 01:50:09 PM »
Honestly, they can't have known this since nobody did and they still don't. That these mandates were total BS remains a matter of opinion. Logically, any means of lessening one's exposure to a virus whether it be COVID, the common cold, or the flu, etc. reduces their chance of catching it. IMO, theirs was mostly a political statement. Many folks on the right rejected the COVID treat, while many on the left accepted that it was a problem and might have seen it as a bigger threat than it was. To this day, there are those folks who think COVID is a complete hoax, which is clearly total nonsense. COVID is a real virus. Whether it was handled well, remains to be seen... and until some folks become less polarized about its threat or lack thereof, the truth of the matter will remain hard to discern.

It was known factually that the spread of the virus outdoors was extremely rare.  They had tracking data on 100,000 cases early on and one showed up from outdoor contact.  Plus, it's common sense.

Yet they still closed beaches, filled skate parks with sand, and arrested a dude in the ocean.  The exact opposite of what should happen.

They also knew that this affected the obese and unhealthy in a more severe manner.

Yet there was no emphasis or messaging placed on losing weight, exercising, supplementation, or nutrition.

The virus origin, and the subsequent reaction to it - lockdowns, mRNA, job loss, etc around the globe is likely one of the biggest fuck ups in the history of man.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2023, 10:36:51 PM »
More of the same. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2023, 11:50:55 PM »
It was known factually that the spread of the virus outdoors was extremely rare.  They had tracking data on 100,000 cases early on and one showed up from outdoor contact.  Plus, it's common sense.

Yet they still closed beaches, filled skate parks with sand, and arrested a dude in the ocean.  The exact opposite of what should happen.

They also knew that this affected the obese and unhealthy in a more severe manner.

Yet there was no emphasis or messaging placed on losing weight, exercising, supplementation, or nutrition.

The virus origin, and the subsequent reaction to it - lockdowns, mRNA, job loss, etc around the globe is likely one of the biggest fuck ups in the history of man.

Seriously, move on. You are becoming mired in issues which have pretty much played out.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2023, 06:34:37 AM »
Seriously, move on. You are becoming mired in issues which have pretty much played out.

Mired in issues?  I'm pointing out facts.

They did know, reacted incorrectly, and messed up so much - people lost jobs, their businesses, their savings all unnecessarily.  All while the rich got super rich.

You're will to gloss over all this saying "they didn't know"?

No way.

Y