Author Topic: Energy Breakfast  (Read 3772 times)

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
Energy Breakfast
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »
I was at the Cheesecake Factory with the GF and sort of bummed because the meals there are pretty bad for you in terms of calories, saturated fat etc.  Then I came across with little gem, The Energy Breakfast, served all day long.  It's essentially a bunch of egg whites and chicken breast with some mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes thrown in.  Now before you critique it (pic and nutrition posted below) I recognize that its way too protein heavy (120g) and probably could use some good carbs thrown in (maybe they should cut the egg ehites and chicken portion and up the spinach and mushrooms).  Regardless, compared to some of the 1300 calorie pasta with cream sauce dishes they have there you have to admit it's a vast improvement.  The moral of the story is, the person that cares about themselves frequently has options, even if you find yourself at a nutrional armageddon type of place.  Jst study that menu.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Energy Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »
Add half a bottle of digestive enzymes, and you're set!!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »
Needs more butter, lard or egg yolks.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »
That plate has to be meant to be shared.
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 04:55:34 PM »
That plate has to be meant to be shared.

i'd cover it in butter and chow down

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 11:20:56 PM »
For an overall meal, it's pretty good.  But if a person wanted a true "energy breakfast" they'd be far better off ditching that particular meal and ordering a double order of toast with peanut butter and jam.  Even upping the spinach and mushrooms as you suggest isn't going to do much for "energy" so to speak. 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 04:08:47 AM »
For an overall meal, it's pretty good.  But if a person wanted a true "energy breakfast" they'd be far better off ditching that particular meal and ordering a double order of toast with peanut butter and jam.  Even upping the spinach and mushrooms as you suggest isn't going to do much for "energy" so to speak. 

Sugar is poison

Armani

• Getbig II
  • 161 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »

The uninformed public equates "protein" with "energy."  It's a marketing thing.  At least by not crashing after absorbing a bunch of simple carbs, like in their other breakfasts, I suppose you would have more energy relatively speaking.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 10:46:42 PM »
Sugar is poison

Not when you're burning it off.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 04:37:00 AM »
Not when you're burning it off.

::)

your body is not a car

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 11:33:41 AM »
I would suggest potent antioxidents and soluble fiber for energy, both have evidence for their use... Mixed berries, oatmeal and water boom.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »
shit, through in some whey, not casein, just flat out whey protein, the sulfur rich aminos will increase glutathione.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
::)

your body is not a car

Your body is a system.  A car is combination of systems.   Your body burns energy or stores it.