Author Topic: Walmart, Costco and other companies rethink self-checkout  (Read 1707 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Walmart, Costco and other companies rethink self-checkout
« on: November 15, 2023, 12:55:18 PM »
The actual reason is because of theft.

All the other reasons mentioned are bullsh*t.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/walmart-costco-other-companies-rethink-191333559.html

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
Re: Walmart, Costco and other companies rethink self-checkout
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 01:00:05 PM »
Self checkouts are fucking awesome. No more waiting in line. They need to add more of them.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 01:04:59 PM »
I’m a big fan and not to brag, but I’m pretty good at it, too. Especially better than the elderly fucktards who take 3 times as long as they would in a normal line. (No offense to Wes)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 01:06:41 PM »
In a perfect world, self checkout would be awesome. But it never works out, I've even seen rich people brag about getting over on self checkout surprisingly often.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 01:12:25 PM »
In a perfect world, self checkout would be awesome. But it never works out, I've even seen rich people brag about getting over on self checkout surprisingly often.

According to Matt McCusker, it’s all about the produce

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 01:28:01 PM »
Keep the self checkouts and just have the person at the door do a quick check.

Problem solved..

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 02:34:45 PM »
I refuse to do self checkouts, for these prices you fucking check me the fuck out and bag. Everytime I go to the grocery store which is once every two weeks so I fill up two carts and the baggers see me coming and take off so then I stand there and yell at the cashier to get a fucking bagger cause I ain’t doing shit. This is not cause I’m to good to bag groceries but for the prices of these groceries and the fact the bagger has a job bagging you best come bag my fucking groceries. So FUCK SELF CHECKOUT AND GET RID OF IT AND PAY MORE PEOPLE TO CHECK PEOPLE OUT.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 02:42:48 PM »
Self checkouts are fucking awesome. No more waiting in line. They need to add more of them.

No doubt. Who needs a cashier who acts like she’s doing you a favor ringing up your stuff.

They just need to make self check out more Dindu proof.👮‍♀️🚨🚔

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 03:09:17 PM »
I’m a big fan and not to brag, but I’m pretty good at it, too. Especially better than the elderly fucktards who take 3 times as long as they would in a normal line. (No offense to Wes)

I hear you, brother! I judge all older people by 2 close relatives that are both in their mid-90s, sharp as whips, and still driving. I get annoyed >:( with people in their 60s limping in store aisles with little awareness of their surroundings and my need to navigate around them. I had to grab something from a grocery store a few hours ago and people lack such urgency it's like someone employed a remote to decelerate time and I'm left maneuvering a temporally suspended human obstacle course on my way to the checkout.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2023, 03:11:44 PM »
I hear you, brother! I judge all older people by 2 close relatives that are both in their mid-90s, sharp as whips, and still driving. I get annoyed >:( with people in their 60s limping in store aisles with little awareness of their surroundings and my need to navigate around them. I had to grab something from a grocery store a few hours ago and people lack such urgency it's like someone employed a remote to decelerate time and I'm left maneuvering a temporally suspended human obstacle course on my way to the checkout.

Hell yeah. That’s why I stopped going to Costco all together. It’s brutal in South FL. You’d think they’re paid actors from a hidden camera show. It usually stems from poor cart placement

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 03:30:16 PM »
Hell yeah. That’s why I stopped going to Costco all together. It’s brutal in South FL. You’d think they’re paid actors from a hidden camera show. It usually stems from poor cart placement

Most of us here are Gen Xers

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023, 03:33:47 PM »
According to Matt McCusker, it’s all about the produce

Matt McC said that?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 03:36:46 PM »
Are you kidding me, I fly through WalMart frustrated by the young fat fucks dawdling along.....that can`t get out of their own way but they can sure manage to get in my way..............slow,lazy,fat,and slothlike compared to my fit,lithe,catlike agility and insane virility!  ;)

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2023, 03:39:44 PM »
Are you kidding me, I fly through WalMart frustrated by the young fat fucks dawdling along.....that can`t get out of their own way but they can sure manage to get in my way..............slow,lazy,fat,and slothlike compared to my fit,lithe,catlike agility and insane virility!  ;)

I’m sorry, Wes! I believe you!

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 03:43:52 PM »
I used to scam those things big time at Sprouts and Walmart,  at Sprouts I'd get the code for peanuts in thr bulk bins which were like $2-3 a pound, and I'd actually get macadamia nuts that are like $12 a pound, I'd do the same with sweet potatoes at Walmart I'd use the code for Russet potatoes which were like $1 per pound instead of paying $3-4 per pound. Fuck these companies lol.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2023, 03:55:47 PM »

Where do you live that there’s never a line to check out? The self checkouts are always backed up with people who don’t know what they’re doing.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2023, 04:47:18 PM »
I used to scam those things big time at Sprouts and Walmart,  at Sprouts I'd get the code for peanuts in thr bulk bins which were like $2-3 a pound, and I'd actually get macadamia nuts that are like $12 a pound, I'd do the same with sweet potatoes at Walmart I'd use the code for Russet potatoes which were like $1 per pound instead of paying $3-4 per pound. Fuck these companies lol.

That’s stealing. Not cool.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2023, 06:25:35 PM »

You suped up your scooter?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2023, 06:30:26 PM »

That’s stealing. Not cool.

I almost don’t blame KK here. He’s not an employee, it’s not his job to correct his own pricing mistakes.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2023, 02:01:54 AM »
They cant even keep normal stores open in crime-ridden Libturdia.
Imagine trusting them to check themselves out???   ::)

Luggage thief tranny will be along to help w/ that... ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2023, 04:28:41 AM »
I’m sorry, Wes! I believe you!
That`s more like it!  ;)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2023, 04:33:19 AM »
As a former cashier with a 17 items/minute career average, I’m much faster than the slothful cashiers of today.  Hence, I always choose self-checkout.  I do agree that they should be enforcing the “15 item limit” more stringently

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2023, 04:33:28 AM »

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2023, 05:04:45 AM »
nothing beats going to Walmart - treking the outside perimeter of the food section - veg, meat, eggs, water, maybe some coffee creamer

then heading to self checkout and getting the fck out of there is priceless

esp some of the rural ass Walmarts I goto - they can rob your mind of energy just speaking to you

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2023, 08:02:22 AM »
you can cheat them on weight, it recognises the weight of product after you scan it
Scan the milk and put the steak in the bag as long as its the same weight it doesnt know