Author Topic: Interviews with Dave and Mike Pulcinella (Raising the Bar 1+2 DVDs).  (Read 9366 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: Interviews with Dave and Mike Pulcinella (Raising the Bar 1+2 DVDs).
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2007, 08:30:28 AM »
for me its all about the strength..
heavy traiing...from day one...
and i have made tremedous training from lifting heavy....
i cant understand why someone would want to look like they are stong but not be strong...
that is weak...
i look strong and i am strong...
not into all this muscle worship....
its all about being strong...
i have seen with me eyes a 6 ft 4 bouncer all muscley get knocked the fuck out by a 20 yr old skinny guy in late teens..
lookin big with no strength is .. kinda pussy to me in my mind...
just want big muscles to intimidate... whic i find laughable..
where i come from as in where i was born and grew up no one is remotely scared of size... u will get dropped regardless of how strong u look so u better have some strength to back up the size
and that is why a lot of guys train to look intimidatin..
me i train so when i get down .. i get down.. i get down
strength all the way
choice is an illusion

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2007, 08:38:05 AM »
i cant understand why someone would want to look like they are stong but not be strong...
that is weak...
i have seen with me eyes a 6 ft 4 bouncer all muscley get knocked the fuck out by a 20 yr old skinny guy in late teens..
where i come from as in where i was born and grew up no one is remotely scared of size... u will get dropped regardless of how strong u look so u better have some strength to back up the size
strength all the way

Meso, I disagree a little bit, for my size I have average strength..I will never be strength monster, plain and simple

I lift as heavy as I can but I am not trying to break any world record..my goal is to maximize hypertrophy.

gaining strength and size can go hand in hand but not always. I look to keep my reps around 10 and clearly that is not optimal for strength gains. I train my muscles, not my ego
Here comes the money shot

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2007, 08:40:10 AM »
Meso, I disagree a little bit, for my size I have average strength..I will never be strength monster, plain and simple

I lift as heavy as I can but I am not trying to break any world record..my goal is to maximize hypertrophy.

gaining strength and size can go hand in hand but not always. I look to keep my reps around 10 and clearly that is not optimal for strength gains. I train my muscles, not my ego
got any pictures?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2007, 08:43:05 AM »
got any pictures?

posting pics on getbig can lead to nothing good. People around here take things too serious, no exchange of information..just trade of insults.

not to worry Sarc, I am making progress

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2007, 08:44:11 AM »
posting pics on getbig can lead to nothing good. People around here take things too serious, no exchange of information..just trade of insults.

not to worry Sarc, I am making progress
yeah i hear you but how would we know without seeing pictures?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2007, 08:47:24 AM »
yeah i hear you but how would we know without seeing pictures?

I am going to use a line from True Adonis.."very soon"

actually, I did promise Meso a video of me pressing 145 or 150lb DBs (a couple of crappy reps)
I am going to bahamas for few days with wifey on the 16th so right now in a little cutting mode..After that i will send him the vid.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2007, 08:54:42 AM »

actually, I did promise Meso a video of me pressing 145 or 150lb DBs (a couple of crappy reps)
I am going to bahamas for few days with wifey on the 16th so right now in a little cutting mode..After that i will send him the vid.

150 pounds???? YOU'RE A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!
just push some weight!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2007, 09:01:04 AM »

no no u misunderstand I NEVER ego train... eg having a spoterr lifet weights off me...

right now i weigh a HARD NATURAL 200lbs..ripped..and i owe it all to lifting heady ass weight for reps
very hard coming from a light weight even back then i was strong... and that is why the muscle i carry the quality is damn good.. because i have pounded them hard..
i never so anything for less than 6 reps... only if i feel good and i am going for a 1 rep max....or i am tryin a new weight.. which i only do on deadlifts nowadays...
i am very strong for my weight.. but i have never gauged my strength off other peoples strengh.. strengh is relative..
my one rep max right now on deads is 550 it may not be heavy to some guys but to me that is what matters...  pushing myself to the limits...
i cant ever understand any man wanting to look strong without putting in the work...
i would prefer to look like i cant bench 500... but i can that i find impressive

choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2007, 09:02:26 AM »

i have a weeks holiday from wrk this week i will endevourto finally put stuff up
choice is an illusion

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2007, 09:34:36 AM »
that is weak...
strength all the way

I'm confused! Isn't this a BODYBUILDING forum?? It's not a powerlifting forum. There are plenty of those, you should go there if all you want to discuss is poundages and form.

This site is devoted to BB which is not, and has never been, about strength. BB is more like a strange hybrid of sport and art form...a very personal art form in which the material with which you sculpt is your own body! The methods that an artist uses to create art should NEVER be a consideration in the appreciation of that art. We don't care how a painter holds his brush, as long as we like the painting.

Do you guys understand what BB is or not? Or is this all too far over the heads of the people who post here? C'mon, step up to the plate intellectually GetBiggers! Get over the adolescent weightroom posturing.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2007, 09:38:01 AM »
I'm confused! Isn't this a BODYBUILDING forum?? It's not a powerlifting forum. There are plenty of those, you should go there if all you want to discuss is poundages and form.

This site is devoted to BB which is not, and has never been, about strength. BB is more like a strange hybrid of sport and art form...a very personal art form in which the material with which you sculpt is your own body! The methods that an artist uses to create art should NEVER be a consideration in the appreciation of that art. We don't care how a painter holds his brush, as long as we like the painting.

Do you guys understand what BB is or not? Or is this all too far over the heads of the people who post here? C'mon, step up to the plate intellectually GetBiggers! Get over the adolescent weightroom posturing.

... yes it is a bb forum...
basically what i am saying is...
i find bbers who lift heavy weights inspiring....
and that is the way i lift and have made great gains..
choice is an illusion

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2007, 09:47:31 AM »
... yes it is a bb forum...
basically what i am saying is...
i find bbers who lift heavy weights inspiring....
and that is the way i lift and have made great gains..

That makes much sense.  But I still feel that there are many others who don't seem to get it.

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2007, 01:21:44 PM »
hahahahahaha, ok "eastcoastbbman", 405 is average bench press strength. ;D

lol!!! bro, seriously, there are at least a dozen dudes at the gym where i have my office who can bench 405. its so commonplace now. again, im NOT saying you are weak, but you need to stop busting on me for my lack of strength because youre not throwing around anything impressive either!!!!!!!!!...so there!!!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2007, 01:22:30 PM »

lol!!! bro, seriously, there are at least a dozen dudes at the gym where i have my office who can bench 405. its so commonplace now. again, im NOT saying you are weak, but you need to stop busting on me for my lack of strength because youre not throwing around anything impressive either!!!!!!!!!...so there!!!

How's your health after years of steroid abuse?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »
Don't be so proud of yourself.. if the form in the video is any indication of what your bench press form is then by no means should that count as any one rep.

oh, alexxx....FORM SHMORM!!! ( thats the only comeback i could think of)

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2007, 01:35:01 PM »
that is weak...
strength all the way

mesmorph, i have a problem believing that you truly dont understand this. its called "bodybuilding" and its what some people like to do. for me, looking a certain way always appealed to me and whenever i tried to focus on strength ( which WAS important to me at one time also) i would hurt something. my joints are made of balsa wood and i dont have really sturdy connective  tissue. for me, heavy training always leads to injury.

your repeated references to fighting and intimidation and who can beat up who are extremely juvenile. bodybuilding has never been about intimidating others for me or any of the bodybuilders i know and associate with. im 42 and havent been in a fist fight in 20 years..its called being a grown up. for me bodybuilding is simply a goal, a passion, a "sport" ( of you wanna call it that) for me its always been about sculpting my body and putting that creation onstage. im sorry of you think that doing this makes me a "pussy"

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2007, 01:39:58 PM »

How's your health after years of steroid abuse?

sesame oil is the only thing holding me together at this point!!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2007, 02:11:41 PM »
These clips do not fully represent what RTB2 is all about and I kind of regret that Matt posted them because I think that they have overshadowed the interviews we have just done for him in which he asks some very probing, intelligent questions and which touch upon much more interesting topics than the form of excercises, IMO.

I agree...the thread has now kind of gone into a big discussion about Dave's exercise form and strength and not the interviews.  Check out the interviews below.

INTERVIEWS WITH DAVE AND MIKE:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/davepulcinellainterview05052007.html

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/mikepulcinellainterview05052007.html
Bodybuilding Pro.com

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2007, 02:57:32 PM »

mesmorph, i have a problem believing that you truly dont understand this. its called "bodybuilding" and its what some people like to do. for me, looking a certain way always appealed to me and whenever i tried to focus on strength ( which WAS important to me at one time also) i would hurt something. my joints are made of balsa wood and i dont have really sturdy connective  tissue. for me, heavy training always leads to injury.

your repeated references to fighting and intimidation and who can beat up who are extremely juvenile. bodybuilding has never been about intimidating others for me or any of the bodybuilders i know and associate with. im 42 and havent been in a fist fight in 20 years..its called being a grown up. for me bodybuilding is simply a goal, a passion, a "sport" ( of you wanna call it that) for me its always been about sculpting my body and putting that creation onstage. im sorry of you think that doing this makes me a "pussy"

ok let me clear something up...
.. i never called u a pussy personally... i have seen a clip of u training... one clip out of how many yrs
i dont know what u have done etc etc..
i was talkin about a mindset .. in fact i was responding to the line
which was i would rather look like i can bench 500 .. rather than bench 500... to me that is a pussy mindset...
..none of the post you quoted was directed to u personally in any way shape or form

choice is an illusion

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2007, 04:58:51 PM »

oh, alexxx....FORM SHMORM!!! ( thats the only comeback i could think of)

hahaha I just think that if you pay a little more attention to form you could do much better. Take it from me no one likes to hear someone correct them on their from but you learn from it and grow so much better. Good luck in your competitions!
just push some weight!

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2007, 05:00:30 PM »
Judges use three criteria: muscularity, symmetry, & presentation.  Dave excels at all three.  He is a top NPC athlete & has a good chance of going pro at the masters level.  'Nuff said. 

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2007, 05:07:28 PM »
Judges use three criteria: muscularity, symmetry, & presentation.  Dave excels at all three.  He is a top NPC athlete & has a good chance of going pro at the masters level.  'Nuff said. 

Hi Mike, I don't feel like reading this whole thread so when's Raising the Bar II officially being released?  I want to see Dave drinking his tuna and lubing his elbows again.  No, seriously, I did enjoy the first part so what's the deal?  Any chance they'll be more nudity?  If so I hope you filmed some figure girls during one of your all night tanning sessions.  Most of the women should be naked so that the general public can appreciate all the hard work these girls put in. 

Hope this help.   ;D

Keep 'um coming!

Wark regards,

"Teh Naked One"

gatomjp

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2007, 05:16:16 PM »
Hi Mike, I don't feel like reading this whole thread so when's Raising the Bar II officially being released?  I want to see Dave drinking his tuna and lubing his elbows again.  No, seriously, I did enjoy the first part so what's the deal?  Any chance they'll be more nudity?  If so I hope you filmed some figure girls during one of your all night tanning sessions.  Most of the women should be naked so that the general public can appreciate all the hard work these girls put in. 

Hope this help.   ;D

Keep 'um coming!

Wark regards,

"Teh Naked One"

Hey, TNO! RTB2 is officially done! I just need about a month to iron out the technical details of getting the mass duplication done and getting them to mesorx.com for sale. Thanks for asking.

eastcoastbbman

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2007, 05:42:07 PM »
hahaha I just think that if you pay a little more attention to form you could do much better. Take it from me no one likes to hear someone correct them on their from but you learn from it and grow so much better. Good luck in your competitions!

alexxx, i appreciate your input, i really do. im not being sarcastic at all. i believe that you truly believe you have some sort of understanding of exercise science that i dont. however, you need to learn that just because something doesnt look right to you based on your own set of internal rules, doesnt mean its not effective. the way i do things has evolved over years of trial and error and has gotten me pretty far in this thing called competitive bb'ing. so even though what i do in the gym doesnt look right to you, you have to be open to the possibilty that MAYBE its not so bad since my methods have produced 3 state titles...4 regional titles.... and 3 national level wins.....fair enough?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2007, 05:43:54 PM »

alexxx, i appreciate your input, i really do. im not being sarcastic at all. i believe that you truly believe you have some sort of understanding of exercise science that i dont. however, you need to learn that just because something doesnt look right to you based on your own set of internal rules, doesnt mean its not effective. the way i do things has evolved over years of trial and error and has gotten me pretty far in this thing called competitive bb'ing. so even though what i do in the gym doesnt look right to you, you have to be open to the possibilty that MAYBE its not so bad since my methods have produced 3 state titles...4 regional titles.... and 3 national level wins.....fair enough?
no offense Dave you're a damn good bb'er but if Alexxx took the amount of drugs you take and had even half as many years of training under his belt that you do he would absolutely dwarf you.