Author Topic: Opinions of Evolution by Religious types  (Read 21162 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Opinions of Evolution by Religious types
« on: August 13, 2006, 03:23:09 AM »
I can understand how people might believe we were "created" by a being above us because of our abilities above any other organism on Earth etc etc...

But...

It really boggles my mind how religious types are not persuaded by the theory of evolution.

How do you explain fossil evidence? How do you explain the past existence of dinosaurs?

I have spoken to a muslim on the matter, she explained it by saying fossils were placed there by God as a test of faith :-X (My reaction: yeah ok love keep thinking that :-[)

My auntie is a devout Christian but acknowledges evolution. (I see this as hypocrisy)

Where do you stand?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Tyrone Power

Re: Opinions of Evolution by Religious types
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »
Let me put on my crazy fundamentalist mask for you.

How do you explain fossil evidence?

God put them there to test our faith...

or

Every single "transitional fossil" in the world has been misinterpreted by the scientific community and my uneducated opinion is more valid. They aint missing links!

How do you explain the past existence of dinosaurs?
[/quote]

Dinosaurs existed but died after Noah's flood because of Starvation....

or

Dinosaurs never existed and the fossils are all fakes...

or

Dinosaurs died out in the 1 day between God making the other animals and God making humans.

or

Dinosaurs still exist in loch ness and some places in the congo.

You pick. ;D

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 04:09:22 AM »
lol ;D

Why would a God test our faith? Why would he create a being with such weaknesses?

Why does God even need for us to believe in him? Is he that shallow?

If they died in the great flood why don't such colossal creatures get a mention in the Bible? Doesn't it state: take 2 of each animal, there wasn't any exceptions were there?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Tyrone Power

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 04:15:15 AM »
lol ;D

Why would a God test our faith? Why would he create a being with such weaknesses?

If they died in the great flood why don't such colossal creatures get a mention in the Bible? Doesn't it state: take 2 of each animal, there wasn't any exceptions were there?

[Crazy fundamentalist mask]Well don't ya know Behemoth in Job was a dinosaur?[/Crazy fundamentalist mask]

P.S. don't tell anyone Behemoth was actually a Bull.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 03:31:03 PM »
lol ;D

The standard reply to this, and I don't necessarily mean this in any way mocking, but it also explains IMO why it's hard to get to the inner core of Christianity:

Lord works in mysterious ways, ie if you cannot understand something, if it doesn't make sense, that in itself is a proof that God is a supreme being, on a different level and can't be grasped.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 10:27:08 PM »
i belive that Evalution is part of the grand scheem of things. the bibel mentions the creation of the world in day however, what is a day to god? it could be 1min, 24 howers, 1,000,000 years. point being we dont know. the bibel did mention the creation of animals befor humens and in acordence whith the theary of a day in gods time, this would give a larg number of spices time to evalve and die off. as for humes spasickly who is to say that we whernt ape like and god began to sculpt us off of that? and besieds what about the posibility of life else where in the univers. god waches over all and is all powerful he could be maneging meay races at once.

but alass my point, god has a plan and works in masterius ways to fufill it, we simply dont know it and will never know it.
unknown

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 11:25:42 PM »

[Crazy fundamentalist mask]Well don't ya know Behemoth in Job was a dinosaur?[/Crazy fundamentalist mask]

P.S. don't tell anyone Behemoth was actually a Bull.
Hi  again Johnny

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 06:21:15 AM »
The standard reply to this, and I don't necessarily mean this in any way mocking, but it also explains IMO why it's hard to get to the inner core of Christianity:

Lord works in mysterious ways, ie if you cannot understand something, if it doesn't make sense, that in itself is a proof that God is a supreme being, on a different level and can't be grasped.

YIP
Zack

agree

i belive that Evalution is part of the grand scheem of things. the bibel mentions the creation of the world in day however, what is a day to god? it could be 1min, 24 howers, 1,000,000 years. point being we dont know. the bibel did mention the creation of animals befor humens and in acordence whith the theary of a day in gods time, this would give a larg number of spices time to evalve and die off. as for humes spasickly who is to say that we whernt ape like and god began to sculpt us off of that? and besieds what about the posibility of life else where in the univers. god waches over all and is all powerful he could be maneging meay races at once.

but alass my point, god has a plan and works in masterius ways to fufill it, we simply dont know it and will never know it.

Hi Unknown!

The way I understand it is when God created the world, everything was perfect and no animals died until Adam and Eve sinned, thus resulting in the shedding of blood to kill the animals for their skins to "cover their nakedness" (which hadn't bothered them before they sinned).  So no species died off before Adam and Eve were on the earth.

R

Tyrone Power

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 09:31:53 AM »
The way I understand it is when God created the world, everything was perfect and no animals died until Adam and Eve sinned, thus resulting in the shedding of blood to kill the animals for their skins to "cover their nakedness" (which hadn't bothered them before they sinned).  So no species died off before Adam and Eve were on the earth.

There's no evidence for that.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 04:04:27 PM »
Is that avitar your real picture Johnny?

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 12:47:31 AM »

Hi Unknown!

you got a point and i hadent taken that in to consideration.
unknown

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 06:23:04 AM »
lol ;D

Id love to answer your question Nord, but I think you should do some research first. Maybe google the Preangelic conflict  and see what you come up with.
X

Tyrone Power

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 09:58:35 AM »
Is that avitar your real picture Johnny?

I'm not Johnny.

Tyrone Power

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 10:01:34 AM »
you got a point and i hadent taken that in to consideration.

What point?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »
Id love to answer your question Nord, but I think you should do some research first. Maybe google the Preangelic conflict  and see what you come up with.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Preangelic+conflict  ???
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 10:06:58 AM »
Lets be honest about the results of this thread:

Not many people of faith have given any strong evidence against my arguements, other than theorized arguements by Tyrone Power.

Score 1 for Team Atheism!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Tyrone Power

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 10:13:41 AM »
http://www.google.com/search?q=Preangelic+conflict  ???

There is no such term as "Preangelic conflict" but he's refering to the time before the conflict between the angel Lucifer and God.

Lets be honest about the results of this thread:

Not many people of faith have given any strong evidence against my arguements, other than theorized arguements by Tyrone Power.

Score 1 for Team Atheism!

Don't expect to get straight answers from these people.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 10:19:20 AM »

I'm not Johnny.

Sure you are not.  It's ok dude. 

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 01:20:21 PM »

There is no such term as "Preangelic conflict" but he's refering to the time before the conflict between the angel Lucifer and God.

Don't expect to get straight answers from these people.

Ok, lets be honest Tyrone, die hard atheists spend far more time on this board trying to discredit God than believers do trying to convince atheists that God exists. So I would say the burden of proof lies with you. I for one don't care what anyone thinks, my opinion is the only one that matters. So religion is far fetched is it??? Let me get this straight 2 planets collided and some gas swirled for a few million years and made a planet and then an amoeba some how formed from this star dust and became a frog and then a few million years later it became a man. ummm ok if you say so

Nord- check around for the pre-angelic conflict you will find it. It explains the purpose of man.
X

Tyrone Power

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2006, 04:54:27 PM »
Ok, lets be honest Tyrone, die hard atheists spend far more time on this board trying to discredit God than believers do trying to convince atheists that God exists. So I would say the burden of proof lies with you.

Persistence doesn't change the burden of proof.

The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim.

Did I ever say God doesn't exist? No.

I for one don't care what anyone thinks, my opinion is the only one that matters. So religion is far fetched is it??? Let me get this straight 2 planets collided and some gas swirled for a few million years and made a planet and then an amoeba some how formed from this star dust and became a frog and then a few million years later it became a man. ummm ok if you say so

Who believes that's how it happened?

I don't.

Nord- check around for the pre-angelic conflict you will find it. It explains the purpose of man.

No such term even on google.

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 08:54:19 PM »

What point?

i tried to come up whith a way evalution and the bibel could posebly have coexisted however i did not take in to consideration that acrording to the bibel deth did not exist befor adom and eve sind the first time, there for acroding to the bibel my idea could not work.
unknown

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006, 07:56:45 AM »
Persistence doesn't change the burden of proof.

The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim.

Did I ever say God doesn't exist? No.

Who believes that's how it happened?

I don't.

No such term even on google.

You did when you were Johnny did you?
X

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006, 08:29:40 AM »

How do you explain fossil evidence? How do you explain the past existence of dinosaurs?

Where do you stand?

What part of fossil evidence are you talking about Nordic?  And what do you mean by your dinosaur question?  You wonder if I believe dinosaurs lived on earth?  Yes, I do.
R

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006, 09:08:19 AM »
What part of fossil evidence are you talking about Nordic?  And what do you mean by your dinosaur question?  You wonder if I believe dinosaurs lived on earth?  Yes, I do.

At what period did Dinosaurs exist? Did dinosaurs and humans co-exist? (Tip: atleast 50 million years seperates the last dinosaur and first human).
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006, 09:30:46 AM »
At what period did Dinosaurs exist? Did dinosaurs and humans co-exist? (Tip: atleast 50 million years seperates the last dinosaur and first human).

I don't think the earth is as old as you do.  Yes, I think dinosaurs and humans co-existed.
R