Author Topic: is there an afterlife, some of the evidence  (Read 4724 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
is there an afterlife, some of the evidence
« on: September 17, 2006, 09:06:03 AM »
this relates to spirituality and so in turn god and religion. read all the chapters then post your thought. if you dont read the whole book, it will only take a short while you should not be arguing it. ill post my thought after some comments.

http://www.victorzammit.com/book/chapter01.html

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: is there an afterlife, some of the evidence
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 09:27:07 AM »
this relates to spirituality and so in turn god and religion. read all the chapters then post your thought. if you dont read the whole book, it will only take a short while you should not be arguing it. ill post my thought after some comments.

http://www.victorzammit.com/book/chapter01.html

Was that cheap looking site designed by 240?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 10:27:08 AM »
why even try to argue with anyone on this site, no intelligence here. attacking the site does nothing for its credability or information within.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 10:31:01 AM »
why even try to argue with anyone on this site, no intelligence here. attacking the site does nothing for its credability or information within.

Hmm...

Ok mr. serious.

There is no evidence of an afterlife (an afterlife doesn't exist). It can be debunked easily.

End of thread.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 11:23:05 AM »
you obviously havent read the material there is alot of scientific evidence that was and is being conducted. you just lack knowledge. im not trying to be super serious just that if intelligence seems serious to you then it is time to go back to school. i just wanted people to read the material and post some thoughts on it, and their own thoughts not something googled.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 12:19:06 PM »
Hi usmokepole,
I just kind of skimmed over the material and here are some comments that I have on the subject:

I absolutely believe in an "afterlife."  But I don't believe that living human beings communicate with dead people.  I believe that if there is communication w/a "spirit" that the "spirit" is not that of a dead human, but either a holy angel, or even God, or an unholy angel, or the devil. 

I believe that demons (unholy angels) may "impersonate" dead humans while communicating w/living humans, but I don't believe that "ghosts" of humans "walk the earth" or haunt places.

R

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 08:51:28 AM »
There's a really interesting book you might want to check out called 'Life Between Life' by Dr. Joel L. Whitton M.D. Ph.D. first published by Warner Books in 1986  ISBN 0-446-34762-0

The ancient Tibetans called it 'bardo'. Dr. Joel L. Whitton, metaphysical expert and researcher, calls it metaconsciousness. It's the wondrous state that occurs after death -- the threshold of consciousness that separates one incarnation from another.

Based upon thirteen years of research and more than thirty medical case histories, and drawing on the revolutionary technique of hynotic regression, Dr. Whitton and Joe Fisher, himself an expert on reincarnation, take you back into the past lives of contemporary men and women.

They lay out the amazing stories of their subjects -- who they were, how their past problems reach into their present, and what it's like in that extraordinary time between lives.
w

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 08:14:13 AM »
another good book is, is there an afterlife by david fontana. it is very comprehensive of all the material and is about 460 pages. it does go into some detail but is very well written. i like the research that is being conducted on nde's now adays looks very promising

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 09:04:45 AM »
Hi usmokepole,
I just kind of skimmed over the material and here are some comments that I have on the subject:
I absolutely believe in an "afterlife."  But I don't believe that living human beings communicate with dead people.  I believe that if there is communication w/a "spirit" that the "spirit" is not that of a dead human, but either a holy angel, or even God, or an unholy angel, or the devil. 
I believe that demons (unholy angels) may "impersonate" dead humans while communicating w/living humans, but I don't believe that "ghosts" of humans "walk the earth" or haunt places.

STella,
I agree with you on every point, but I'd like to add that God can and has allowed people to communicate with the spirit of a dead person.  But I don't believe that this is something that happens today, and definitely something nobody should attempt.  Today, someone communicating with the dead is probably communicating with a demon.

God forbids consulting the dead:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy%2018:10-11;&version=31;

Saul consults Samuel after Samuel has been dead
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Samuel%2028:3-15;&version=31;

Moses appears to Jesus, Peter, James and John
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2017:1-4;&version=31;

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 10:24:05 AM »

Saul consults Samuel after Samuel has been dead
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Samuel%2028:3-15;&version=31;

ooo yeah, I forgot about this!

Today, someone communicating with the dead is probably communicating with a demon.

I agree.
R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 01:41:08 PM »
Hi usmokepole,

I agree.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 02:00:31 PM »
Hi usmokepole,

I agree. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »
Hi usmokepole,

I don't agree.

I see most churches protecting their faith power base by discrediting any communication with spirits outside the guidleines of the church by labeling them demons.

It's a load of crap.  IMO.

How do you know you what you are communicating with?  There's no way the church tell if a demon impersonating a dead person.  You only believe that becuase that's what your church tells you to believe.  If they validate communication fo this sort they wold undermine their own faith power base.

there are good spirits and there are bad spirits.  Your heart (God inside you) will let you know the difference. 

But the church doesn't want that.....  they'd rather they make these types of decisions for you.  Monster slap to God's creation IMO.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 03:51:34 PM »
I don't agree.
I see most churches protecting their faith power base by discrediting any communication with spirits outside the guidleines of the church by labeling them demons.
How do you know you what you are communicating with?  There's no way the church tell if a demon impersonating a dead person.  You only believe that becuase that's what your church tells you to believe.  If they validate communication fo this sort they wold undermine their own faith power base.
there are good spirits and there are bad spirits.  Your heart (God inside you) will let you know the difference. 
But the church doesn't want that.....  they'd rather they make these types of decisions for you.  Monster slap to God's creation IMO.

OzmO,
There are plenty of Bible verses backing up what STella said.

Some of us Christians are not Roman Catholics.  So no, we do not just believe everything that the church says.  We Christian protestants believe only what the Bible says...Sola Escritura. We are encouraged to question what we are told by the church, to do our own reading and to study the Bible daily, to look into Science, History, Archeology, etc. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 04:07:52 PM »
OzmO,
There are plenty of Bible verses backing up what STella said.

Some of us Christians are not Roman Catholics.  So no, we do not just believe everything that the church says.  We Christian protestants believe only what the Bible says...Sola Escritura. We are encouraged to question what we are told by the church, to do our own reading and to study the Bible daily, to look into Science, History, Archeology, etc. 

It doesn't matter.....  those versus were written by people who were supporting a dogma.  See the difference is, You believe the Bible is the Word of GOD, I don't.  I see it as an assembly of books in 312 A.D. to help support a Religeous political agenda.  I see the books as religeous writings from men, who are very imperfect.  I see man and present day religion very far from what GOd intended; very twisted by man and his thirst for control and power.  Religion is the perfect place for that.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 04:27:35 PM »
It doesn't matter.....  those versus were written by people who were supporting a dogma.  See the difference is, You believe the Bible is the Word of GOD, I don't.  I see it as an assembly of books in 312 A.D. to help support a Religeous political agenda.  A see the books as religeous writings from men, who are very imperfect.  I see man and present day religion very far from what GOd intended; very twisted by man and his thirst for control and power.  Religion is the perfect place for that.

couldn't agree more. an omnipotent god wouldn't need our praise etc. why for his ego. i appreciate the basics of some religions but some of the teachings are clearly misinterpreted.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 04:54:11 PM »
I don't agree.

You're assuming Christians are not independent minded people.  I don't think that's true at all . . . of all Christians.  I believe what I do because I've read the Bible and acted on many of the promises in the Bible.  I don't rely on my church to think for me.  In fact, I find sermons rather boring for the most part.  (Sssshh.  Don't tell my wife.)  My beliefs have been validated based on my own study and actions. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 05:07:06 PM »
You're assuming Christians are not independent minded people.  I don't think that's true at all . . . of all Christians.  I believe what I do because I've read the Bible and acted on many of the promises in the Bible.  I don't rely on my church to think for me.  In fact, I find sermons rather boring for the most part.  (Sssshh.  Don't tell my wife.)  My beliefs have been validated based on my own study and actions. 

Perhaps my post there suggests All Christians are not independent minded people.  That was not my intention. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 05:33:13 PM »
Perhaps my post there suggests All Christians are not independent minded people.  That was not my intention. 

That's how I interpreted your post, but I know you don't use the broad brush. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2006, 12:12:20 AM »
Ditto what OzmO said. It never ceases to amaze me that a "religious" man has communication from beyond the veil, ...and dogmatic types will call it "Divine Intervention", ...but someone not ascribing to the dogma has communication from beyond the veil and it is labelled "demonic".  ::)  That's not to say that there are entities you really don't want to be dealing with, ...because there are, ...however, the fact is, man has the God-given ability and the mechanisms to facilitate this type of communication for a reason. It is those who would dumb us down and dull our senses that should be suspect. Like any other muscle, it needs to be flexed in order to stay healthy and in good shape. you either use it or lose it my friends. A man or woman in touch with Divine Source, has the ability to discern, provided their senses are kept in top form.
w