Author Topic: RIP Derek Anthony - 12-08-13  (Read 201299 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: RIP Derek Anthony
« Reply #500 on: December 15, 2013, 05:52:59 AM »
There will never be anyone like Derek.  He was really one of a kind.  May god rest his beautiful heart! 

The line between being sympathetic and pathetic is not at all "thin".  I'm starting to wonder about you, young lady.

And Alex?  Thanks to TrueGrit, you may now refer to yourself as "massa" because you owned yourself.  But the reality of it is this.  For the majority of people here it's not the end of the world.  You'll recover. 

whitewidow

« Reply #501 on: December 15, 2013, 06:10:30 AM »
stfu convicted, Xanax popper. Nobody gives a shit about your tattoo "convictions". Derek was someone's son, brother and friend.

Show some respect.

It's sad but that dosn't change my mind about dereks attitude and his delusions of being in the mafia.That tattoo itself could of got him killed it was so disrespectful to some. Derek was somebodys son ,brother and friend but lets not forget he was also a huge asshole. Alex you got me good a pop a few xanax legally what a huge deal! I can say I respected Nasser 1,0000X more then I respected Derek.I do feel bad in some ways for derek that was a very harsh way to die.

whitewidow

« Reply #502 on: December 15, 2013, 06:53:17 AM »
Derek never hurt anyone.  He was a human being and part of this community.  I am disgusted by some of the cold and heartless posts.  

calling vince Goodrum a cotton picker is hurting somebody just with words,derek was verbally abusive to Vince goodrum and showed a lack of itelligence with his racist remarks. How would you feel if you were black and from georgia and got called a cotton picker by somebody white and also somebody that constantly put you down for being black?

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #503 on: December 15, 2013, 08:20:24 AM »
There will never be anyone like Derek.  He was really one of a kind.  May god rest his beautiful heart! 

I'm considering faking my death on getbig to get sympathy from booty.  Damn, I'm still alive (barely) and no one has ever said anything that nice about me.  Could be because I'm a loser who spends all his time on here?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #504 on: December 15, 2013, 12:33:13 PM »
repeated calling someone a cotton picker is bigoted abuse

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: December 15, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »
Very clearly in my opinion. His passing is very unfortunate yes, but hardly a tragedy.  Derek made his own choices and was self destructive.  Each day around this world thousands die from circumstances that are real tragedies that are not of their own making. Often innocent children. Western society is typically very callous and uncaring in response, but for some reason in the wake of Derek's death there is suddenly an outpouring of sympathy.  Is some sympathy wrong?  Not at all.   Hard to reconcile though, considering the venom directed to him while he was alive by those same people.  Perhaps it's a matter of guilt, I don't know.  There is of course the typical revisionist mentality that now seeks to make the deceased out to be saintly and place him on a pedestal, when he was anything but.

Don't you worry that passing judgment as to whose death does and whose doesn't qualify as a tragedy is a little like playing god? In the hearts and minds of Derek's family and friends, his passing is indeed a tragedy.

I have not seen any posts on Getbig that sought to put Derek on a pedestal or to make him out to have been a saint, quite to opposite. Most people seem to think they knew him well, based solely on his Internet persona. Only a few friends have spoken about how different he came across to those knew him as a friend.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: December 15, 2013, 01:00:59 PM »
I'm considering faking my death on getbig to get sympathy from booty.  Damn, I'm still alive (barely) and no one has ever said anything that nice about me.  Could be because I'm a loser who spends all his time on here?

I don't know you. I would find something nice to say about you if I did, no doubt.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #507 on: December 15, 2013, 01:02:44 PM »

I think its time for people to know that I never mailed nude pictures of Derek to his parents.  I was just a concocted scheme we both thought up back in 2006.  The 2007 Olympia spit was not however as Romano for some strange reason convinced Derek that the video I shot last night was for real along with adding a number of lies to his head.....it was suppose to be another promotion type deal for a posedown at the following Arnold Classic. 

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Derek actually started drinking his own Kool-Aid.  But its now officially over as Derek was buried this morning.....and from what I understand, not one fucking member of RX Muscle showed up to ever pay their respects, didn't sign the visitation book....hell, didn't even sign the ONLINE visitation book.

Kind of sad that Derek lived for these guys... and they didn't even bother to show up for the funeral or the viewing....just a two minute blip on RX Muscle in the Morning. 

At least Getbig cared enough to trash Derek because that's the only real tribute he ever got :-\
So let me get this straight. It isn't enough that you are black, homo, stupid and ugly fatherfucker and ridiculous ass hat clown, you are also spineless liar, hypocrite and useless fucking guy? You have to be gods revenge to black community, no more, no less. It is a miracle that they have let you live even this long, meaning your parents  ;D

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #508 on: December 15, 2013, 01:21:47 PM »
I don't know you. I would find something nice to say about you if I did, no doubt.

;D ;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: December 15, 2013, 02:42:37 PM »
The line between being sympathetic and pathetic is not at all "thin".  I'm starting to wonder about you, young lady.

And Alex?  Thanks to TrueGrit, you may now refer to yourself as "massa" because you owned yourself.  But the reality of it is this.  For the majority of people here it's not the end of the world.  You'll recover. 
Wonder all you want then. I knew Derek online for five years. I know how he behaved at times. I was even on the end of it for a short time. I do believe that he had a good heart. He was very loyal to family and friends.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: December 15, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
I don't know you but I am sure if I did I would find good things to say about you.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: December 15, 2013, 03:12:23 PM »

Such strong moral code from "booty". You should employ that moral code to yourself, no?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: December 15, 2013, 05:45:02 PM »
repeated calling someone a cotton picker is bigoted abuse
yeah, one time is enough
n

diamond2x

« Reply #513 on: December 15, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »

So young :(

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: December 15, 2013, 06:36:15 PM »
Such strong moral code from "booty". You should employ that moral code to yourself, no?
This isn't about Me, its about Derek and  for everyone to pay their respects and discuss him.  You have to remember that we all talk shit on the forums and hurl abuse in some type of form at some stage.  Sometimes I will push buttons too and PrimeMuscle is an example of this.  Derek was a tough guy talking shit on the bb forums and he was no angel.  But he was one of us and didn't deserve to die so young and suffer the way he did at the end.  

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #515 on: December 15, 2013, 07:09:25 PM »
Wonder all you want then. I knew Derek online for five years. I know how he behaved at times. I was even on the end of it for a short time. I do believe that he had a good heart. He was very loyal to family and friends.

Well, thanks for clearing that up.  Pathetic it is then.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #516 on: December 15, 2013, 07:20:34 PM »
X

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #517 on: December 15, 2013, 07:50:25 PM »
I don't know you but I am sure if I did I would find good things to say about you.

;D
You and Primemuscle just made my day. That and the fact that i just got laid.  Both were equally nice.  Thanks now i feel not so worthless.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #518 on: December 15, 2013, 07:56:11 PM »
;D
You and Primemuscle just made my day. That and the fact that i just got laid.  Both were equally nice.  Thanks now i feel not so worthless.
Nice to know.   ;D

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: December 15, 2013, 08:11:19 PM »
This isn't about Me, its about Derek and  for everyone to pay their respects and discuss him.  You have to remember that we all talk shit on the forums and hurl abuse in some type of form at some stage.  Sometimes I will push buttons too and PrimeMuscle is an example of this.  Derek was a tough guy talking shit on the bb forums and he was no angel.  But he was one of us and didn't deserve to die so young and suffer the way he did at the end.  

You have to be one of the strangest people on here. "Derek was one of us"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #520 on: December 15, 2013, 08:21:22 PM »
Derek Springer/Anthony

Derek was always an interesting character on Getbig and elsewhere in the bodybuilding community. The dude was both crazy and fearless. He did and said what he pleased and took the consequences. So he lived his dream and for many years everything seemed sweet. He didn't take shit from anyone and handed the same out by the shovel full. He never backed away from a confrontation and agreed to meet various internet tough guys to sort things out. Yes, when you are outspoken like Derek you make some enemies....but many supporters, too, because bodybuilding is an asskissing cult where insecure blokes lift weights and do whatever it takes to win titles, etc. Derek was on some radio shows and was such an interesting character that people were entertained when he let loose with all manner of obscenities. The confrontation with Goodrum was a classic. Those two seemed to  hate each other as only Venom Vince can both instigate and sustain. Instead of fighting when they met at the Olympia several years ago, Derek took pity on Goodrum and spit on him instead of punching him. That putdown will remain forever on Goodrum's forehead! In the end, no one won because Derek didn't really live long enough to make his words have validity. He told Goodrum he would rather be himself than what Goodrum was. Those were strong words. So Melvin retorted that Derek would soon be dead and that was an accurate prediction.

When I remember how Derek conducted himself on Getbig I really wonder why so many seemed to dislike and even hate him. Derek knew this and even posted a video to all the haters who live in their mom's basement. He singlehandedly dispatched the Godfather from Getbig and that showed good detective work. Well, maybe he had some help. The point is Derek feared no man and he survived on the forums no matter what anyone said about him. The plain truth is very few on Getbig post as themselves. We all knew who Freakycalves was. Derek had a past where he posed for men for money. The flotsam equated that with gay4pay. Derek denied it was any such thing. Who knows and who cares? It was many years ago. The trouble is whatever was done in the past can linger forever if you are a controversial person on the net. I always found Derek to be outrageously funny. He did know how to have a good laugh and he could laugh at himself. I found him to be a likable bloke.

Let's talk about Derek's physique. The guy sure looked good in the past. Before he died we really couldn't tell because he became an illustrated man with all those tattoos. Why some guys cover a nice build with tattoos is a mystery to me but as Lee Priest said he just likes them. People accused Derek of using oil to increase the dimensions of his muscles. Perhaps he did. He admitted this year that he had made several mistakes and some of them impacted on his health. The flotsam felt Derek was crazy to the end because he tried to sustain the size of his muscles. The sideshow that was Derek ground to a crawl this year when he had to be hospitalized for serious problems. Once cancer was found in his liver things looked bad. He then had to postpone any kidney transplant and Derek never survived to get that gift. What a shame.

I suppose we can look at Derek's life and consider him foolish. Well, the cult known as Getbig embraces taking shortcuts to the buff look. Derek just took more risks and sustained them much longer than was healthy. We saw how he valued his family and in the end Derek was just another guy who lifted weights to look better. I don't think anyone should blame him for his short life. He took risks and knew there were side effects. Derek more or less died for us bitches! Rest in peace, Derek Springer.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: Derek Anthony has died (not a joke)
« Reply #521 on: December 15, 2013, 09:16:11 PM »
If only we would have warned him years ago, oh wait!   ::)

God, I remember back in the day he used to come on here and always defend himself after someone slammed him. He used to constantly post pictures of himself and then the meltdown would ensue.

RIP Derek.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #522 on: December 15, 2013, 10:39:19 PM »
Derek Springer/Anthony...

Quoted for creepiness..

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #523 on: December 16, 2013, 01:52:14 AM »
damn derek had a great front double bicep

RIP

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #524 on: December 16, 2013, 03:08:39 AM »
Dave squad mira is having a blast at the expense of Derek at the muscle week board..
seems sarcasm  hasnt forgotten their last encountered  ;D