Author Topic: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?  (Read 22146 times)

Erik C

• Getbig IV
Re: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2015, 04:48:00 PM »

Seems to be a lot of talk about how the guy was trash, but no talk about how one of the officers involved had previously lost a 100k federal civil rights law suit, lol.

Guess shit only counts when it's the bad guy who's trash.  You really gotta wonder about this blind devotion to cops.

How does losing a civil rights lawsuit make the cop trash? We know why the perp was trash.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: February 19, 2015, 05:10:42 PM »
How does losing a civil rights lawsuit make the cop trash? We know why the perp was trash.

As a gimmick, you should never directly address me.

For your level of stupidity, you need to address whork, who will address necrosis, who will address blacken, who will send me a PM requesting permission to address me.

Much appreciated.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2015, 05:15:44 PM »

For your level of stupidity, you need to address whork, who will address necrosis, who will address blacken, who will send me a PM requesting permission to address me.

Much appreciated.

;D

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2015, 05:17:05 PM »

Much appreciated.

Yes, I knew you couldn't answer a simple question.

Stop posting horse shit, and no one will address you.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2015, 05:17:51 PM »
at the moment of the shooting, any *history* of the person getting shot shouldn't weigh into it.

Now, AFTER the shoot, the motive of the attack might be evalulated based upon the history of that person.  But at the moment, any cop that says "eh, this person is a good kid, don't fire, but this dirtbag, waste him..." that cop is a bag of shit and deserves the worst.

and yes, the bloodwork, BAC, drug use, and past shootings of all parties are relevant in post-shooting investigation.  They never told us what zimm's blood was, but we get trayvon's blood?  crap.  we should have BOTH.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #230 on: February 19, 2015, 05:17:57 PM »
I posted the link to the other incident to make a point.  Nobody cares when a white lady is killed by a black officer. Hell, the usual gaggle of whiny homeboys on getbig haven't even bothered to comment on the dead Hispanic. It also demonstrates that dumb cops don't just come in the color white.  The process of training cops needs to be better. I don't trust Holder to do it.

at the moment of the shooting, any *history* of the person getting shot shouldn't weigh into it.

Now, AFTER the shoot, the motive of the attack might be evalulated based upon the history of that person.  But at the moment, any cop that says "eh, this person is a good kid, don't fire, but this dirtbag, waste him..." that cop is a bag of shit and deserves the worst.

and yes, the bloodwork, BAC, drug use, and past shootings of all parties are relevant in post-shooting investigation.  They never told us what zimm's blood was, but we get trayvon's blood?  crap.  we should have BOTH.

This is a bunch of nonsense.  You can't assume to know the minds of the cops. They aren'y deciding to shoot based on your little fucked up scenario.  You are so full of shit.  Your the type of idiot that should never be on a jury.  You are to prone to fantasy.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: February 19, 2015, 05:21:10 PM »
they had justification in shooting him and you say they didn't, pretty simple

at the point of the initial shoot, yes.

But after he crossed the street?  with hands up, fleeing then stopping?  Eh, I missed the spot where he "reloaded" that deadly rock lol.

Look dude, they wanted to cap his ass.  The minute he crossed the textbook threshold, they decided on death sentence, and even when they missed and he ran unarmed to escape, they kept firing because the death sentence was to be admin'd, no matter what surrendering he did. 

they're murderous cops, they're pieces of shit and one day, they may have to answer for it - would love to see their faces/smirks/silly lies of "the way he threw that rock, I fear for our lives, and I knew if I didn't put 9 rounds in his torso, he might bend down and pick up another rock..."

Justification for a shoot is only real as long as that threat is present.  When he ran outta rocks and fled, that threat was no longer present.  period.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2015, 05:25:59 PM »

But after he crossed the street?  with hands up, fleeing then stopping?  Eh, I missed the spot where he "reloaded" that deadly rock lol.

Look dude, they wanted to cap his ass.  The minute he crossed the textbook threshold, they decided on death sentence, and even when they missed and he ran unarmed to escape, they kept firing because the death sentence was to be admin'd, no matter what surrendering he did. 

they're murderous cops, they're pieces of shit and one day, they may have to answer for it - would love to see their faces/smirks/silly lies of "the way he threw that rock, I fear for our lives, and I knew if I didn't put 9 rounds in his torso, he might bend down and pick up another rock..."

Justification for a shoot is only real as long as that threat is present.  When he ran outta rocks and fled, that threat was no longer present.  period.

stop making up your own facts his hand were never up and if you watch the video again you'll see his hands went forward than towards his belt that when the shot him dead

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: February 19, 2015, 05:29:31 PM »

Yes, I agree.  I think we just need to wait to see if there was another rock in his hand.  It really looks like he was trying to surrender, but his hands were moving fast and it's difficult to tell from the video.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #234 on: February 19, 2015, 05:29:42 PM »
stop making up your own facts his hand were never up and if you watch the video again you'll see his hands went forward than towards his belt that when the shot him dead

Right! His hands were never up. He wasn't surrendering. Seems all three cops shot as soon as his hand went to his belt. It's obvious they all thought that he was going for a gun.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: February 19, 2015, 05:29:49 PM »
I posted the link to the other incident to make a point.  Nobody cares when a white lady is killed by a black officer. Hell, the usual gaggle of whiny homeboys on getbig haven't even bothered to comment on the dead Hispanic.  

ah, this is about race for you?   I see no need to bring race into this.  I have no idea the race of the cops, and I don't care.

Cops had justification to shoot when the bad guy (BG) had  arock overhead.  It was thin, but tazer failed and they decided to go the hard route and end a man's life because he had a rock overhead.  many of us would have said he can't throw that brick very far, let's scoot back 20 feet, let him throw it, then taze more, maybe use beanbags or just stick to his knee.

no, they went VERY aggressive with guns to kill him, I get it, and I support it, even though I feel excessive.  cool.

BUT this wasn't enough.  He threw rock/dropped rock when they started shooting him, and he ran like crazy.  You have 4-5 cops with guns trained on this wounded man, his rock is gone and if he scoops one, they'll see it.  At this point, common sense, training, and moral code say you DO NOT have to kill this person anymore - he's wounded but unarmed, and going to jail shorty.

But these cops didn't have the OFF switch.  Once they fired the gun, they only had one goal - catch and shoot the man more.  Period.  The thin justification for the initial shoot - twink with a rock - had evaporated, and we all see it.

For some getbiggers, and this is important, they let that blanket continue.  They say even if a guy attacks a cop and runs 170 feet, he can be executed for it when caught.  They believe a twink throwing a rock can be killed later, when cops finally catch up with him.  That kind of dangerous thinking opens the door to a lot of ugly things we've seen in history.  But it's the same minds that are often in denial on many other historical things, that feel this way.  So I get it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: February 19, 2015, 05:32:44 PM »
Yes, I agree.  I think we just need to wait to see if there was another rock in his hand.  It really looks like he was trying to surrender, but his hands were moving fast and it's difficult to tell from the video.

The cops had already fired a volley of bullets at him.  He was putting his hands up as fast as freakin possible lol.

If he had put up hands "slower", then getbiggers would be saying he should have listened to police faster.

Once they opened fire, he was doomed.  Anything he did, they were going to kill him.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: February 19, 2015, 05:32:55 PM »

Every last one of those police officers will be found clean as a whistle in this ordeal and rightfully so.

So basically you are allowed to assault a police officer with deadly force and if they don't have the stamina to catch up with you in a foot race that's the end of it?

The fuck out of here.

That whole scene was complete chaos. An extremely dangerous individual that was not giving up...Definitely not the cold blooded execution your are trying to make it out to be.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: February 19, 2015, 05:34:20 PM »

were there rocks hanging from his belt for a fast reload?

Are police justified to shoot/kill any human that reaches for his belt too quickly?

Toss in the fact they probably didn't believe he had a gun there, or he might have chosen gun over, say, the rock he used.

There are a LOT of things we have to overlook in order to say "this was a clean shoot, they had to do it, they didn't fck anything up".

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #239 on: February 19, 2015, 05:35:40 PM »
ah, this is about race for you?   I see no need to bring race into this.  I have no idea the race of the cops, and I don't care.

Cops had justification to shoot when the bad guy (BG) had  arock overhead.  It was thin, but tazer failed and they decided to go the hard route and end a man's life because he had a rock overhead.  many of us would have said he can't throw that brick very far, let's scoot back 20 feet, let him throw it, then taze more, maybe use beanbags or just stick to his knee.

no, they went VERY aggressive with guns to kill him, I get it, and I support it, even though I feel excessive.  cool.

BUT this wasn't enough.  He threw rock/dropped rock when they started shooting him, and he ran like crazy.  You have 4-5 cops with guns trained on this wounded man, his rock is gone and if he scoops one, they'll see it.  At this point, common sense, training, and moral code say you DO NOT have to kill this person anymore - he's wounded but unarmed, and going to jail shorty.

But these cops didn't have the OFF switch.  Once they fired the gun, they only had one goal - catch and shoot the man more.  Period.  The thin justification for the initial shoot - twink with a rock - had evaporated, and we all see it.

For some getbiggers, and this is important, they let that blanket continue.  They say even if a guy attacks a cop and runs 170 feet, he can be executed for it when caught.  They believe a twink throwing a rock can be killed later, when cops finally catch up with him.  That kind of dangerous thinking opens the door to a lot of ugly things we've seen in history.  But it's the same minds that are often in denial on many other historical things, that feel this way.  So I get it.
It's about race for the people in Seattle. Hispanics and blacks only care about supposed police injustice when it's one of their own.  You need to reign in your imagination .  As usual your vivid imagination just ends up skewing your perception.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2015, 05:36:20 PM »
So basically you are allowed to assault a police officer with deadly force and if they don't have the stamina to catch up with you in a foot race that's the end of it?

Correct.  He was torn up from tazer and initial volley of bullets.  He wasn't getting away.  And yes, if the cops cannot catch him, that's why they have radios.  They were all over his ass. nobody there fired because they were scared he would escape.  Look at his feet when they capped him.  Turned around, facing them, either putting hands up or "reaching for another rock in his waistband" lol...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2015, 05:37:52 PM »
Correct.  He was torn up from tazer and initial volley of bullets.  He wasn't getting away.  And yes, if the cops cannot catch him, that's why they have radios.  They were all over his ass. nobody there fired because they were scared he would escape.  Look at his feet when they capped him.  Turned around, facing them, either putting hands up or "reaching for another rock in his waistband" lol...

He wasn't torn up from the taser.  His hands never went above waist level.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2015, 05:38:34 PM »
It's about race for the people in Seattle. Hispanics and blacks only care about supposed police injustice when it's one of their own.  You need to reign in your imagination .  As usual your vivid imagination just ends up skewing your perception.

lol the rioters/protesters?  I give no fcks about them.  Firehose the whole lot of them, I'll laugh at them getting sprawled.  I would love to see their limp hippie bodies tossed around under some nice water pressure.

I'd also like to see those cops answer a grand jury why they feared the injured man with no weapon was a threat worthy of death.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2015, 05:38:57 PM »

How would they know WHAT he had in his waistband?

You're getting on that Monday Morning QB tip again.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #244 on: February 19, 2015, 05:39:27 PM »
I posted the link to the other incident to make a point.  Nobody cares when a white lady is killed by a black officer. Hell, the usual gaggle of whiny homeboys on getbig haven't even bothered to comment on the dead Hispanic. It also demonstrates that dumb cops don't just come in the color white.  The process of training cops needs to be better. I don't trust Holder to do it.

This is a bunch of nonsense.  You can't assume to know the minds of the cops. They aren'y deciding to shoot based on your little fucked up scenario.  You are so full of shit.  Your the type of idiot that should never be on a jury.  You are to prone to fantasy.

Or own a gun, be a cop, etc.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2015, 05:39:44 PM »
He wasn't torn up from the taser.  His hands never went above waist level.

they tazed him.  they fired a few bullets inside of ten feet too, woudl be shocked if he wasn't hit in that initial confrontation.  

Was there blood on the ground in the initial shoot zone?  

ya ever been tazed?  lol I'd reckon he was just a little torn up from that.  Cables still hanging out of him?  

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2015, 05:40:06 PM »
lol the rioters/protesters?  I give no fcks about them.  Firehose the whole lot of them, I'll laugh at them getting sprawled.  I would love to see their limp hippie bodies tossed around under some nice water pressure.

I'd also like to see those cops answer a grand jury why they feared the injured man with no weapon was a threat worthy of death.

Rioters/protesters?  what the fuck are you talking about?

they tazed him.  they fired a few bullets inside of ten feet too, woudl be shocked if he wasn't hit in that initial confrontation.  

Was there blood on the ground in the initial shoot zone?  

ya ever been tazed?  lol I'd reckon he was just a little torn up from that.  Cables still hanging out of him?  

I have been tazed more than once as part of a training program. I saw other people tazed and not all people react the same way.
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2015, 05:40:52 PM »
were there rocks hanging from his belt for a fast reload?

Are police justified to shoot/kill any human that reaches for his belt too quickly?

Toss in the fact they probably didn't believe he had a gun there, or he might have chosen gun over, say, the rock he used.

There are a LOT of things we have to overlook in order to say "this was a clean shoot, they had to do it, they didn't fck anything up".

don't have time to explane to getbigs resident Pinocchio that you have to take into consideration the whole scenario not just him reaching toward his belt

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2015, 05:41:18 PM »
How would they know WHAT he had in his waistband?

You're getting on that Monday Morning QB tip again.

you can't shoot a man for reaching for his waistband.   You can't.  Let me try that shit, just open fire on any random d-bag i see who was "reaching for his waistband".  

shit, man.  You have 5 guns trained on him at this point.  he's been hit already and everyone is screaming.  You take the second to see what comes from the waistband, you clearly have the drop already.

They never stopped firing, get that... as soon as he was lined up in sights, they lit him up again.  It was just finishing the job.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: February 19, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »
don't have time to explane to getbigs resident Pinocchio that you have to take into consideration the whole scenario not just him reaching toward his belt

no, you don't.   he threw a rock and they lit him up.  Then a foot chase ensued.

You can't kill him when you catch him because "oh, he threw a rock earlier".   

it's a separate incident, and the shooting justification due to a weapon present isn't there anymore.  He's a lesser threat now.