Author Topic: After just one testosterone injection your testosterone production plummets  (Read 5305 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
"The effect of using synthetic testosterone on the testosterone your own body produces is bigger than doctors think, according to Swedish endocrinologists at the Karolinska Institutet. The Swedes wrote about the study they did for WADA in Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation."

https://www.ergo-log.net/how-after-just-one-testosterone-injection-your-endogenous-testosterone-production-plummets.html

dexitrim

• Getbig II
  • Pacific Northwest till I rest--GO HAWKS!
"The effect of using synthetic testosterone on the testosterone your own body produces is bigger than doctors think, according to Swedish endocrinologists at the Karolinska Institutet. The Swedes wrote about the study they did for WADA in Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation."

https://www.ergo-log.net/how-after-just-one-testosterone-injection-your-endogenous-testosterone-production-plummets.html

This is a groundbreaking study that will shake the bodybuilding community to it's core.  I've been running gear since 1987, and had I had access to this study, I would have, at the very least, washed my hands before and after every pin, and also worn some sort of face covering to protect others from my Tren cough.   Perhaps it's not too late.

"after reading the Swedish study you might start to wonder whether too many steroids users are going to be paying too high a price for their activities."  A very high price, indeed.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  :D

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
My Endo has proven differently on hundreds of people.

I was on gear for 2 years straight and came off with mild PCT, my natural Test levels were above average about 4 months later.

It really depends on the person and their age, but i know dozens of guys who used gear for years and have perfectly normal Test levels today.

It's also written for a substance abuse literature, so that's a little biased.

I'd put more credit towards this if they monitored longer than six weeks. You would think they would know that it takes longer than that for the HPTA to rebound.

MIOVIT

• Getbig II
I have been a heavy user for more than 20 years I have not any permanent effect... just planning discontinue them this year at the best way possible in order to avoid any dramatic effects..my advice is just make sure to use the best... human pharma grade is the best choice..

tatoo

• Getbig IV
I have been a heavy user for more than 20 years I have not any permanent effect... just planning discontinue them this year at the best way possible in order to avoid any dramatic effects..my advice is just make sure to use the best... human pharma grade is the best choice..

you will want to stay on something after 20 years my friend... i tried to get off totally and it wasnt great.... yes my test levels good with in 6 months... things just wont be the same... im talking things you are used to... good workouts, hard cock, energy, ect.... all the good stuff.

MIOVIT

• Getbig II
you will want to stay on something after 20 years my friend... i tried to get off totally and it wasnt great.... yes my test levels good with in 6 months... things just wont be the same... im talking things you are used to... good workouts, hard cock, energy, ect.... all the good stuff.

That's correct...

tatoo

• Getbig IV
So I have another vial of Test E 250mg/ml and because of the pip and its effect on my workouts, I’m considering changing 4 weeks in to my other gear to avoid this issue in hopes the pip gets much better. I’m 31 and this is my second cycle.

get a different brand... test e at that mg/ml shouldnt cause pip enough to hinder workouts... unless you are doing quad shots

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Some people who have hypogonadism actually need added testosterone via injections or a gel. This is the reason I started testosterone. At first, I tried Androgel, but had some side effects from it. My doctor switched me to testosterone cypionate injections. The only side effect after many years on it, is that my hematocrit levels started climbing yet were still within range. One solution to this is to donate blood every so often. I also read where grapefruit juice lowers hematocrit....which may or may not be true.

Ironat's linked article addresses testosterone abuse, which is bound to have a negative affect on one's health. The longer the abuse goes on the greater the effect.

In order to maintain some level of natural testosterone production, I inject 250 mg of HGC on each of the last two days before the test shot.

I am merely sharing my experience, which should not be taken as advice. I'm not an endocrinologist or any manner of expert on this. My advice is that if you feel you have low testosterone, see a doctor, get labs done, go easy at first and most of all, follow your doctor's advice.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Just like anything else in life, AAS should be used in moderation. There is no denying that long durations of high amounts of AAS are bad for you, but not as bad as some people are led to believe.

Donate blood as often as you are allowed to, i donate 3 times a year on average. Your doctor can also allow you to have a nurse drain blood and dispose of it, if they feel it is necessary.

Gels are garbage, it's just a first attempt to see if a person responds. 90% of men with low T need injections, typically between 100 to 200mg every 7-10 days, sometimes more.

Everyone reacts differently, that is why i think anyone on AAS should be getting blood work and monitored by a doctor. I've been using AAS off and on for over 15 years, my health profiles are phenomenal for my age. But that doesn't mean everything is perfect.

I have been getting monitored by an Endo for over 10 years, i just happen to be friends with one who specializes in male hormones. I've tried to get him to post here, but he doesn't have much free time. Plus, as he told me many years ago "even i cannot change a persons mind".

I'm a firm believer that using AAS in moderation is perfectly fine, but again there is not a lot of real data on long term AAS usage in high doses. Considering the crazy doses i've seen people use over the years, i think it's over played a bit, but who really knows.

We all have different responses to drugs. One of my best friends drinks a 12 pack and smokes a pack of cigs every single day; has been doing so for almost 20 years. He's perfectly healthy and i've seen his blood work. Not everyone is so lucky. I deer hunt with a 94 year old man, he smoked for 40 years and drinks almost every night. His key to living a long life is to stay active and drink cheap beer.

Life's a crap shoot, do what you enjoy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Just like anything else in life, AAS should be used in moderation. There is no denying that long durations of high amounts of AAS are bad for you, but not as bad as some people are led to believe.

Donate blood as often as you are allowed to, i donate 3 times a year on average. Your doctor can also allow you to have a nurse drain blood and dispose of it, if they feel it is necessary.

Gels are garbage, it's just a first attempt to see if a person responds. 90% of men with low T need injections, typically between 100 to 200mg every 7-10 days, sometimes more.

Everyone reacts differently, that is why i think anyone on AAS should be getting blood work and monitored by a doctor. I've been using AAS off and on for over 15 years, my health profiles are phenomenal for my age. But that doesn't mean everything is perfect.

I have been getting monitored by an Endo for over 10 years, i just happen to be friends with one who specializes in male hormones. I've tried to get him to post here, but he doesn't have much free time. Plus, as he told me many years ago "even i cannot change a persons mind".

I'm a firm believer that using AAS in moderation is perfectly fine, but again there is not a lot of real data on long term AAS usage in high doses. Considering the crazy doses i've seen people use over the years, i think it's over played a bit, but who really knows.

We all have different responses to drugs. One of my best friends drinks a 12 pack and smokes a pack of cigs every single day; has been doing so for almost 20 years. He's perfectly healthy and i've seen his blood work. Not everyone is so lucky. I deer hunt with a 94 year old man, he smoked for 40 years and drinks almost every night. His key to living a long life is to stay active and drink cheap beer.

Life's a crap shoot, do what you enjoy.

Based on the above post, you have a sensible and logical approach to AAS and TRT. I agree with everything you wrote. It is great advice. I'm currently doing 150 mg as per my doctor's advice and prescription. With insurance, a 10ML vial which lasts about 3 months cost me $20.

Christo

• Getbig III
Re: After just one testosterone injection your testosterone production plummets
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2021, 07:30:18 AM »
My Endo has proven differently on hundreds of people.

I was on gear for 2 years straight and came off with mild PCT, my natural Test levels were above average about 4 months later.

It really depends on the person and their age, but i know dozens of guys who used gear for years and have perfectly normal Test levels today.

It's also written for a substance abuse literature, so that's a little biased.

I'd put more credit towards this if they monitored longer than six weeks. You would think they would know that it takes longer than that for the HPTA to rebound.

The people you know with perfectly Test levels today, were they maybe on trt?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 02:51:38 PM »

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2021, 03:53:34 PM »
The people you know with perfectly Test levels today, were they maybe on trt?

No they aren't.

I know a few dozen guys who used AAS for years who are fine today.

Even in their 40's, their test levels are in the normal range. Most of them haven't used AAS in at least 10 years.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2021, 05:48:19 PM »
When you take synthetic test your natural test production drops and if you continue use it may cease.

This can result in your natural test production being permanently impaired.

It has ever been thus.

This is why the 60s and 70s users would use for short periods and then stop to allow natural test production to resume.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2021, 10:25:38 PM »
No they aren't.

I know a few dozen guys who used AAS for years who are fine today.

Even in their 40's, their test levels are in the normal range. Most of them haven't used AAS in at least 10 years.

In their 40's? It probably depends on how much AAS you are talking about. In my case not that much.

I am in my 70's and I am doing great on HRT. My testosterone lab results are the same as you'd find the average fellow having when they were in their 20's or 30's. But, I had to convince my urologist to prescribe a TRT dosge which keeps me at these levels. Hopefully, he is finally onboard. Not that he's got much to risk anymore.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2021, 04:08:23 PM »
In their 40's? It probably depends on how much AAS you are talking about. In my case not that much.

I am in my 70's and I am doing great on HRT. My testosterone lab results are the same as you'd find the average fellow having when they were in their 20's or 30's. But, I had to convince my urologist to prescribe a TRT dosge which keeps me at these levels. Hopefully, he is finally onboard. Not that he's got much to risk anymore.

Yeah a lot of the guys i used to workout with used AAS in their 20's and 30's. In their 40's they have normal test levels for their age. A couple have decided to use TRT just to get a better quality of life.

I only know all this because my best friend from college is an Endocrinologist and we all openly discuss AAS usage with each other still to this day.

I think it depends on how long you use it and what age you stop. But in my late 30's i stopped using AAS after being on for several years and my test levels came back, it just took several months.

There just isn't enough real data on long term users other than TRT doses. I'm not saying it's perfectly safe, but it's not nearly as bad for you as people are being led to believe.

When i cruise for a while i use 200mg every 7 days and that puts me pretty high on the chart, but nothing too serious.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2021, 04:11:07 PM »
When you take synthetic test your natural test production drops and if you continue use it may cease.

This can result in your natural test production being permanently impaired.

It has ever been thus.

This is why the 60s and 70s users would use for short periods and then stop to allow natural test production to resume.

It "can" and "may" cease, but that doesn't mean it "will".

The guys in the 60's and 70's used crazy amounts for long periods as well, it's a myth that they just used for a few weeks before a show. What they did is use low doses year round and blast into the competition, that's why they always "grew" into the show.

Look at Arnold and the other top level guys, they did not come off.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2021, 04:15:14 PM »
It "can" and "may" cease, but that doesn't mean it "will".

The guys in the 60's and 70's used crazy amounts for long periods as well, it's a myth that they just used for a few weeks before a show. What they did is use low doses year round and blast into the competition, that's why they always "grew" into the show.

Look at Arnold and the other top level guys, they did not come off.

Yes, they did come off.  They only competed in one or two shows a year.  Arnold looked small when off.

They'd go on for 6-12 weeks up to a show and then cycle off until the next run up to a show.

Of course there were some idiots who stayed on all the time, just like today.  There are always idiots.

If you stay on all the time your nat test production will cease.

It may come back over time or it may not, or it may come back but never be the same.

Nobody stayed on all the time in the 60s and 70s.  There was no need unless you were competing

Guys take special drugs to kickstart their testes back into production because they are dead.

If you are always on you are really an addict.  You can't function without it.  That's the definition of an addict.  Even if it's a mental addiction.

You take the drug to feel good all the time and you never stop.

You go off and you feel like sh*t like an addict going through withdrawal.  That sh*t feeling can last a LONG time...a year or more even.

So, you jump back on...like an addict getting a fix.  Now, you feel good again.   Like an addict.

"But it's for my quality of life."  That is true if you are really someone with low nat test levels like Prime who is 75 or something but if you're 20-40 and staying on it 24/7/365 for an ego boost then you're just an addict.  Without the drug you feel less of a man,  Addiction.

Addicts always believe they can quit anytime.  But they never do.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2021, 03:11:09 PM »
 ;D

You obviously are very biased about people who use AAS.

You are also very wrong about what they took back in the day and cannot verify it.

Not worth arguing over i guess.

Carry on, us drug addicts will continue no matter how you feel about it.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2021, 04:39:53 PM »
;D

You obviously are very biased about people who use AAS.

You are also very wrong about what they took back in the day and cannot verify it.

Not worth arguing over i guess.

Carry on, us drug addicts will continue no matter how you feel about it.

Of course.