Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 1939 times)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
What would you do?
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:10:32 PM »
I didn't know which board to post this on in order to get an intelligent response so I put it here but if the Mods here think it should be somewhere else I don't mind if you move it!

I’m on a restroom break from a meeting, there I stand washing my hands after paying a water bill (my colleagues were also with me on break paying their individual water bills). Some guy walks in and says to me, “Hey someone spilled their soda on the carpet out there, you think you can get on it right away before it stains the carpet?”

What’s funny to me is this guy is briefing my colleagues tomorrow just before the first scheduled break LOL!

What would you do?
W

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:45:42 AM »
ignore it.
w

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:59:02 AM »
Took me a minute to understand why everyone was "paying their water bill" at the same time!

I would ignore it and then if he asked me about it I'd say, "I thought you were joking."
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 11:01:27 AM »

You should of stopped....... and finished paying your water bill on the stain.

:)

w8m8

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 11:07:33 AM »
this guy is briefing my colleagues tomorrow just before the first scheduled break LOL!

What would you do?

me
I'd bring a can of Resolve Carpet cleaner to the briefing shake his hand , hand it to him and then introduce myself as MR.CLEAN

I admit I didn't get the water-bill paying part  :-[

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 09:47:09 PM »
me
I'd bring a can of Resolve Carpet cleaner to the briefing shake his hand , hand it to him and then introduce myself as MR.CLEAN

I admit I didn't get the water-bill paying part  :-[

Sorry for the colloq but is everyone clear on what "paying the water bill" means?  ;D

BTW, the guy apologized and I accepted. Makes me wonder though; if I had worn a suit and tie would the request have been averted...
W

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 01:23:57 AM »
Sorry for the colloq but is everyone clear on what "paying the water bill" means?  ;D

{blush} no. (sometimes I feel so dense)

BTW, the guy apologized and I accepted. Makes me wonder though; if I had worn a suit and tie would the request have been averted...

Don't even start thinking of owning that baggage!  >:( (or I'll travel to the US and whoop you myself!)  >:(

How many of your co-workers and fellow bill payers were wearing a suit & tie?
Why didn't he make the request of any of them? He was an idiot. They exist. Accept it and move on.  :)
w

w8m8

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 03:43:30 AM »

Thanks , yes I'm clear (now)  :-[  I wonder how many different ways it's described ?

Appearances make quite the difference when you think about it , a suit and tie may even get a man killed in some places  :-\

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 04:26:09 AM »
I didn't know which board to post this on in order to get an intelligent response so I put it here but if the Mods here think it should be somewhere else I don't mind if you move it!

I’m on a restroom break from a meeting, there I stand washing my hands after paying a water bill (my colleagues were also with me on break paying their individual water bills). Some guy walks in and says to me, “Hey someone spilled their soda on the carpet out there, you think you can get on it right away before it stains the carpet?”

What’s funny to me is this guy is briefing my colleagues tomorrow just before the first scheduled break LOL!

What would you do?

Your not the company molly maid so no......in one ear and out the other.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 11:13:26 AM »
Tell him you'll happily clean up the next protein powder spill, but that you don't drink soda.  Then, point out the co-worker you like least, and mention you saw so-and-so drinking soda in that very spot.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:05:24 PM »
{blush} no. (sometimes I feel so dense)

Don't even start thinking of owning that baggage!  >:( (or I'll travel to the US and whoop you myself!)  >:(
Yesth dear, I won't and I hear ya!

How many of your co-workers and fellow bill payers were wearing a suit & tie?
None of us, we all were wearing business casual attire (no ties, no sport coats, etc!) including the knucklehead!

I was so surprized but I guess thats why you have meetings like this to bring all the players together. (To attach faces to emails and names.)

Thanks , yes I'm clear (now)  :-[  I wonder how many different ways it's described ?
Hmm, let's see! "taking a leak" "wizzing" "draining the lizard" well you get the gist!
W

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 10:51:24 PM »
Yesth dear, I won't and I hear ya!
None of us, we all were wearing business casual attire (no ties, no sport coats, etc!) including the knucklehead!

That's what I figured. That's why I say accept there are idiots out there and don't own their baggage.

I was so surprized but I guess thats why you have meetings like this to bring all the players together. (To attach faces to emails and names.)

Stuff like that amuses me... especially when someone high on their horse really steps into it with you,
...then they discover that you are really in fact their superior. The squirming is hilarious.  :P

Hmm, let's see! "taking a leak" "wizzing" "draining the lizard" well you get the gist!

{blush} ok, now I get it.  :-[   I like paying the water bill more than those other slang terms.

ps: I don't feel as silly as I could have because I know you work in a courthouse aka a government building,
and quite frequently (at least up here) various government services are often located in the same building, ...so logically, it wouldn't be unusual to have the local hydro office in the same building, or for employees to take care of quick errands on a break.

pps: was that a good save, ...or do I still look incredibly dense?  :D
w

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »
ps: I don't feel as silly as I could have because I know you work in a courthouse aka a government building,
Half right, I work for the govt in a govt building but not in a courthouse.

was that a good save, ...or do I still look incredibly dense?

Good save and far from dense after posting the "Chemical Analysis of the Sexes" good stuff!  :D
W

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 11:49:56 PM »
Half right, I work for the govt in a govt building but not in a courthouse.

Good save and far from dense after posting the "Chemical Analysis of the Sexes" good stuff!  :D

{LOL} Thanks. Glad you liked it. I was only going to post the chemical analysis of man, ...but quickly figured I'd better give equal time to the chemical analysis of women, ...or someone was gonna get awfully angry.  ;D   :P
w

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »
I was only going to post the chemical analysis of man, ...but quickly figured I'd better give equal time to the chemical analysis of women, ...or someone was gonna get awfully angry.  ;D   :P

;)
W

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 06:37:55 PM »
Beat the shit out of him and teach him you aint no pussy