Author Topic: New York..... love Alicia Keys  (Read 8643 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: New York.....
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 07:45:33 AM »
Cool city....I don't live in the city but I can be in Manhatten in less then an hour train ride.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 07:50:02 AM »
And she's dumb as a stump....congrats!

A quick look at her wikipedia says she was valedictorian of her high school class at 16 and enrolled at Columbia University before dropping out to be a singer. Methinks stumps must be pretty smart then. :-X

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »
A quick look at her wikipedia says she was valedictorian of her high school class at 16 and enrolled at Columbia University before dropping out to be a singer. Methinks stumps must be pretty smart then. :-X

Haha....BOOM.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 08:25:06 AM »
Man,

Her skin looks freakin greasy!

Gross

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 08:26:29 AM »
"Adult" Acne must be a nightmare

w8m8

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 08:27:40 AM »
Unfortunately, that's what the music scene seems to be about these days...

Don't finish school, don't learn a job, be a loser, but then you can still be a music star and make it to the top!!

Seriously, how many singers out there can sing like Alicia (three octaves!), actually play musical instruments, not that computer enhanced bullshit that 99% is about.

good post !!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 09:51:26 AM »
Crazy improvement on her skin.  With enough money, you can make yourself attractive and healthy looking.
Except Christine Aguilera.  Get a nose job, lose the fake tits.
Free advice from the Croatch.
I thought you were against plastic surgery.....and steroids, round wheels, airplanes, ships and any other piece of technology that has made the world go round.  :)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 10:00:28 AM »
apparantly this pic was on a Simpson's episode prior to 911

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 10:02:59 AM »
apparantly this pic was on a Simpson's episode prior to 911

240 in with tinfoil hat in....3.....2.......1... ....

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2010, 10:04:15 AM »
You still need to know how to play an instrument (the computer, electronic keyboard, etc) in the case of electronic music.

When you strike a key on a piano, a hammer hits a string which vibrates and creates a sound in the analog domain which you can hear.

With an electric guitar, the sound from plucking a string is picked up by a transducer where it is converted into an analog electric signal, which is then made louder/altered by an amplifier and converted back into the acoustic domain by a loudspeaker.

With a keyboard/sampler/computer, a key on a keyboard (for example) is hit which is a mechanical analog action that in converted into a digital impulse that triggers a digital sound/sample which is then converted back to an analogue electical signal that is amplified and fed to a loudspeaker to be converted into the analogue acoustic domain, which the human ear can detect.

Note the progression in technology which enable new styles of music.

The electronic keyboard is basically the same as a piano, except with a piano you are stuck with a piano, and with the computer you can make basically any sound you want.

Let's face it, the piano is an ancient instrument that is still around today because it has a pleasant sound to people mainly due to conditioning from a young age in the same way that people believe in various religions depending on how they were brought up and which part of the world they live. I bet if you heard a piano for the first time in your life today you would not think it was anything special. Though you might be impressed by the technical ability of the player.

A lot of electronic music uses "new" synthesized sounds which are unfamiliar to a lot of people, and many people simply cannot handle "new" and unfamiliar.  

All throughout history old people are always complaining that the music they listen to was better than the new stuff. They just have failed to adapt.

PS there is no such thing as good or bad music as there is no objective metric to measure how "good" music is. That's why music charts are based on sales and downloads, as there doesn't seem to be any better method of assessing music quality due to subjectivity of each listener.

fine, but what about assholes like Kanye who's made a career off sampling 100% of his "music" and then using a vocoder to sing over it.  it takes absolutely zero talent to do what he does.  but then again, he's a fucking unimportant bitch, so who cares.

also, ever hear of autotune?  it can make fatpanda's farts sound like pavarotti.  it used to take years of voice training to acquire the kind of singing voice anyone can produce with a click of a mouse key today.  
Deep Tissue Massage

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 10:10:18 AM »
Tracey Bingham did the "drop out thing", to become an actress. She apparently dropped out from Harvard (or was kicked out, or student loans fell thru), she got on Baywatch, did Playboy, fell off the face of the earth..

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 10:13:32 AM »
Big, overrated, overpriced city, bottom line.
I hate the State.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 10:13:53 AM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2010, 10:15:02 AM »
I dislike being around that much humanity.....give me a lakefront cabin, beer and some steaks.....and you can have all of NYC,.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2010, 10:15:49 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2010, 10:16:11 AM »
I have been here my whole life.   concrete jungle is the best way to describe it.  

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2010, 10:16:19 AM »
I dislike being around that much humanity.....give me a lakefront cabin, beer and some steaks.....and you can have all of NYC,.

I hear you. I used to have to 'commute' over 2 hours just to see my gf and we lived in the same city. Retarded.
I hate the State.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
I hear you. I used to have to 'commute' over 2 hours just to see my gf and we lived in the same city. Retarded.

Thats just crazy.  And since most people are just assholes, I don't want to be around any more than absolutely necessary.... ;D

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »
I think I love Alicia Keys...and possibly New York now because of her!!
Damb she's HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any New Yorkers here?? Tell us about your City!!!!

Alicia is gorgeous! NYC is great.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 12:08:24 PM »
Unfortunately, that's what the music scene seems to be about these days...

Don't finish school, don't learn a job, be a loser, but then you can still be a music star and make it to the top!!

Seriously, how many singers out there can sing like Alicia (three octaves!), actually play musical instruments, not that computer enhanced bullshit that 99% is about.
I'm sure quite a few.  The reason why they aren't popular, is there is only so much room for musicians in the music business. :D
Like Norah Jones.  Just because someone plays an instrument and sings, is more novelty in the industry, than your typical Gaga bs.  She can play a piano and sing, as well...probably not as well though.
You could go to NYC and find a dozen decent singer/songwriters easily, who play an instrument...but that's not what popular music is today.
N

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 12:20:10 PM »
That sounds heavenly

i have been in the boogie down bronx my whole life.  I'll take a lakeside cabin any day over this. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 12:20:38 PM »
That sounds heavenly

I prefer cider to beer but otherwise det er bra.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »
Cider? C'mon man  ;D..

Heldigvis bor jeg i Norge, skog og villmark er like i nærheten om jeg føler for det  ;D

Love for beer=self deception.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2010, 12:36:15 PM »
I usually drink stronger spirits but a cold beer is great sometimes, so I disagree.

Cold is fine but the taste; what happens is people drink it for years and then believe it tastes good but what really happened is that they have conditioned themselves to believe it. Fact is, beer does NOT taste good. Cider, on the other hand, does. ;)
I hate the State.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »
Cider? C'mon man  ;D..

Heldigvis bor jeg i Norge, skog og villmark er like i nærheten om jeg føler for det  ;D

Siden du bor i Norge ... sjekke dette ut.

Gracie Rules