Author Topic: Republicans discuss anti-Trump convention coup  (Read 371 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Republicans discuss anti-Trump convention coup
« on: June 08, 2016, 12:38:13 PM »
Only the very delusional still believe Trump is running an actual campaign for President.   He's an arm of the "Clinton 2016" campaign.  And top repubs are starting to get very vocal about ousting him at the convention.

It'll be amusing when 240 and msnbc are telling you Trump is a dem plant destined for ousting, when the "Trusted" FOX NEWS won't talk about it ;)

After nearly a week-long firestorm surrounding Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and his attacks on a federal judge because of his Mexican heritage, which led to harsh criticism from his supporters and even one un-endorsement, some Republicans are raising the specter that a new nominee could replace Trump.

Bob Vander Plaats, a supporter and campaign co-chair of former candidate Sen. Ted Cruz, suggested that a convention coup at next month’s Republican nominating convention in Cleveland is possible.

“Everything’s got to be on the table,” said Vander Plaats, acknowledging to NBC News that could mean an effort to unbind the delegates from having to vote for Trump on the convention floor.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/some-republicans-discuss-anti-trump-convention-coup

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Republicans discuss anti-Trump convention coup
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 08:45:20 PM »
Carville: Trump May Not Be Republican Nominee

BREITBART

Tuesday night on MSNBC’s primary voting coverage, long-time Clinton adviser and Democratic operative James Carville said there is a possibility the presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump will not be the final nominee after the Republican National Convention this summer in Cleveland, OH.

Carville said, “I honestly believe this, I think there’s some chance that Trump will not be the nominee. I think what we see and hear is a real unraveling. For today the news that came in that people are not endorsing him and pulling back and everything else. I think this thing is going at a lot faster speed than we can imagine. The pressure on him will be enormous.”

When asked how it would be possible for Republicans to remove Trump, he continued, “I don’t know. I suspect they would have to nominate Cruz or somebody very conservative, because you would have to look at the delegates that are going to be in Cleveland. They can’t un-delegate. They can pass any rule. They have the power to pass rules.”

He added, “I just really, really think — from this is what we call in law school, a declaration against interest. I would like for him to be the nominee. I don’t know what will happen in Cleveland if he’s not. I honestly believe, and I’ve been texting and talking to a lot of political people back and forth, and they don’t think I’m crazy. They think there’s some chance it could happen like this.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Republicans discuss anti-Trump convention coup
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 05:51:58 AM »
I still wish Bloomberg were running.