Author Topic: Ralph Nader...  (Read 554 times)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Ralph Nader...
« on: September 27, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »
Could some of the Americans on here please explain to me why Ralph Nader isn't a viable candidate in the US?

From what I understand (as a European) Nader is THE most accomplished consumer advocate... if not THE most accomplished humanitarian the US has ever seen. I mean he's done more for the average American as a private citizen than the majority of US presidents combined...

If he'd done the same in Europe he'd have his face on Mount Rushmore (or the European equivalent).

He's running for president and isn't invited to the debate? WTF? From the Q&A vids of him that I've seen (type: "Google" and "Nader" into Youtube) he'd have eaten McCain and Obama alive...

Is there something seedy in his past that I'm not aware of?

the Luke

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Ralph Nader...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »
If the neoconservative threat wasn't so ugly, and it is; if the republican candidate didn't scare the hell out of so many progressive voters, you would probably see a much bigger group bailing to Nader.  Many dems would like to see what Nader stands for included in the party.  A majority of dems are not happy with corperate control of the government.  But you have guys like Dennis Kucinich that say the same thing but try to change the party from within the party, just like Ron Paul does.  Nader kind of takes it to a different level.  He wants to force his these reforms by spoiling the election more than he actually wants to be president.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 06:04:17 PM »
Could some of the Americans on here please explain to me why Ralph Nader isn't a viable candidate in the US?

From what I understand (as a European) Nader is THE most accomplished consumer advocate... if not THE most accomplished humanitarian the US has ever seen. I mean he's done more for the average American as a private citizen than the majority of US presidents combined...

If he'd done the same in Europe he'd have his face on Mount Rushmore (or the European equivalent).

He's running for president and isn't invited to the debate? WTF? From the Q&A vids of him that I've seen (type: "Google" and "Nader" into Youtube) he'd have eaten McCain and Obama alive...

the Luke

Why isn't Ron Paul? Same reason, special interest groups...

I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 06:13:01 PM »

the Luke

That's not how it works, Luke. You don't just get invited to the debates, simply because you're running for president. First, he needs to have a LOT MORE $$$$ behind him, which he currently does not as an independent. He would probably have to join Team "Red" or Team "Blue" and become the nominee of one of those camps to make it to the debate.