Author Topic: Rand Paul & Ron Paul Appreciation Thread  (Read 15267 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Rand Paul & Ron Paul Appreciation Thread
« on: March 10, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »

Best political donation I have ever made by far.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Rand Paul Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:51:18 AM »
I hope he runs for Pres on day. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 06:53:52 AM »
Not as good and honest as his dad.    :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:55:35 AM »

I'll take a 90% loaf any day over a 0% turd sandwhich.   

BTW - the first clip is total kick ass.  He put the communist bitch right in her place.   

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 06:56:35 AM »

Yup, I like ROns tactics better, brutal honesty.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 06:58:04 AM »

Did you watch the first clip?  That is not honest or blunt enough? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 07:00:16 AM »

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  I like Ron Paul myself, but the son just came on the scene.   He is off to a great start and will only grow better.

Check this out.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 07:03:52 AM »

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 08:52:09 AM »
I cannot bring myself to support some one who worships the Aqua Bhudda..... 

Haha, yeah right, Rand Paul is awesome, finally some one who's got some balls to shake up the senate with some common sense.  Rand Paul for pres 2016/2020, if our country makes it that far.   
Live free or die

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 07:38:21 PM »
Sen. Paul Unveils 5-Year Budget Plan: Eliminates Four Federal Agencies
ABC News ^ | 3/17/2011 | Mary Bruce

Senator Rand Paul, R-Ky., unveiled today his five-year path to a balanced budget, leaving several federal agencies behind. Among the items on the cutting room floor are the Departments of Education, Energy, Commerce and Housing and Urban Development.

“There’s a lot of things in here that everybody could agree to, Republicans and Democrats, but nobody’s leading on the president’s side and on our side we felt we needed to put this forward to get the debate started, at the very least,” the freshman Senator explained at a Capitol Hill press conference this afternoon.

The proposal also calls for the repeal of “Obamacare,” but leaves entitlements untouched.

“There’s an argument for every federal program up here… Nobody’s coming up here asking me for money that’s not for a good reason. But the alternative is that we get into a point of financial disaster where nobody gets any money,” he said.

According to Paul, a Tea Party conservative, the proposal will bring spending to the “historic average since World War II” in just one year. He further claims the budget achieves a $19 billion surplus by FY2016 and will bring all non-military discretionary spending back to FY2008 levels.

Paul’s proposal gained support from freshman Senator Mike Lee, R-Utah, who today challenged anyone who opposes the plan to come up with a better option.

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.abcnews.com ...

________________________ ________________________ __-

Great job by Rand Paul.   I really like this guy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Rand Paul & Ron Paul Appreciation Thread
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
Could we have Father and Son for Prez and Veep? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 05:06:17 AM »

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 06:33:58 AM »
I hope he runs for Pres on day. 

so do I.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 11:59:09 AM »
Which Paul for president?
By: CNN's Rebecca Stewart

(CNN)- Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul makes his first stop in Iowa on Saturday, home of the first-in-the-nation presidential caucus. Paul, son of two-time presidential candidate Ron Paul, will be holding two signing events for his book, "The Tea Party Goes to Washington," but remained vague on which Paul will run for president in 2012.

"We haven't talked about it that much," he told Radio Iowa, in an interview Saturday. "I've told people that the only decision I've made is that I wouldn't run against him."

Congressman Ron Paul has not committed to a third bid for the Republican presidential nomination, but his son said, "I think that the signs I see of his travel and where he's going and how much he has been going lead me to think he might be interested in running again…even if he does, I want to be part of the process in some way."

The senator scoffed at potential criticism over his lack of experience, noting that it didn't hurt Obama and saying, "Lincoln was elected with two years experience as a congressman 15 years before he ran for president. Obama, I think, announced he was running 43 days into his term."

Then-Senator Obama actually announced his bid for the presidency on February 10, 2007, two years and one month after taking office in January of 2005.

"I think people can make any criticism they want and whether it's valid or not, I think that's the winnowing process that goes through a primary," Paul continued.

Drawing on his "passion to try to fix the problems in our country before it's too late," Paul asserted that he sees a "shorter time line," than 15 or 20 years when it comes to the presidential call to serve, mainly because "there's no money left."

"Is it just good for a country to continually spend beyond their means?" he asked.

And Paul's critique of the nation's spending habits isn't restricted to Democrats. "I see it as not just a Democrat/Republican problem. I think Republicans are part of the problem as well," he said.

Singling out the "entitlement program for prescription drugs," Paul called out his party peers, saying "Republicans are 100 percent against ObamaCare, but the vast majority of them voted for the prescription drug program."

The freshman senator wrote his book on the Tea Party in an attempt to chronicle the movement, which he believes will play a major role in deciding the 2012 GOP nominee for president. It was released in February by Center Street, an imprint of Hachette Book Group.

Planned Iowa events include a book signing in Ames, home of the Iowa Straw Poll scheduled in August, a statewide barometer of whom Iowa Republicans will select for the party nomination.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/02/which-paul-for-president/#more-152571

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 01:25:07 PM »
Whichever Paul runs - they should pledge to give the other one plenty of input.  Both of them would be good for america - better than the status quo people that both sides seem to deliver.

Face it - A president Cantor isn't going to be all that different.  President Palin or President Newt... in 10 years, the country will pretty much look the same.  They wo'nt cut entitlements that much.  They sure as heck won't cut 4 departments like this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 01:41:29 PM »
Paul paul 2012. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 01:46:19 PM »
I have acutally been  impressed with Rands speeches lately... very well spoken, so much so that even the average chimp public can understand what he's saying. He could be a force in the near future.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 10:34:07 AM »
Which Paul for president?
By: CNN's Rebecca Stewart

(CNN)- Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul makes his first stop in Iowa on Saturday, home of the first-in-the-nation presidential caucus. Paul, son of two-time presidential candidate Ron Paul, will be holding two signing events for his book, "The Tea Party Goes to Washington," but remained vague on which Paul will run for president in 2012.

"We haven't talked about it that much," he told Radio Iowa, in an interview Saturday. "I've told people that the only decision I've made is that I wouldn't run against him."

Congressman Ron Paul has not committed to a third bid for the Republican presidential nomination, but his son said, "I think that the signs I see of his travel and where he's going and how much he has been going lead me to think he might be interested in running again…even if he does, I want to be part of the process in some way."

The senator scoffed at potential criticism over his lack of experience, noting that it didn't hurt Obama and saying, "Lincoln was elected with two years experience as a congressman 15 years before he ran for president. Obama, I think, announced he was running 43 days into his term."

Then-Senator Obama actually announced his bid for the presidency on February 10, 2007, two years and one month after taking office in January of 2005.

"I think people can make any criticism they want and whether it's valid or not, I think that's the winnowing process that goes through a primary," Paul continued.

Drawing on his "passion to try to fix the problems in our country before it's too late," Paul asserted that he sees a "shorter time line," than 15 or 20 years when it comes to the presidential call to serve, mainly because "there's no money left."

"Is it just good for a country to continually spend beyond their means?" he asked.

And Paul's critique of the nation's spending habits isn't restricted to Democrats. "I see it as not just a Democrat/Republican problem. I think Republicans are part of the problem as well," he said.

Singling out the "entitlement program for prescription drugs," Paul called out his party peers, saying "Republicans are 100 percent against ObamaCare, but the vast majority of them voted for the prescription drug program."

The freshman senator wrote his book on the Tea Party in an attempt to chronicle the movement, which he believes will play a major role in deciding the 2012 GOP nominee for president. It was released in February by Center Street, an imprint of Hachette Book Group.

Planned Iowa events include a book signing in Ames, home of the Iowa Straw Poll scheduled in August, a statewide barometer of whom Iowa Republicans will select for the party nomination.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/02/which-paul-for-president/#more-152571

To me, Rand comes off as 1000x more electable than his father. Ron is too old and too alienating to win.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »
Rand Paul has a great demeanor about him. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »
Rand Paul has a great demeanor about him. 
So do you, but I wouldn't vote for you...
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 02:28:44 PM »
So do you, but I wouldn't vote for you...

No I dont have a good demeanor.   I would be barking orders, calling spades a spade, putting welfare bums and illegals in their place, putting lazy bastards to work cleaning toilets, firing govt workers left and right, etc, and telling people off every second, and loving it.     

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 06:29:29 PM »

Ron Paul dominates the debate despite loaded questions by neo con fox news
Live free or die

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 06:35:27 PM »
Huckabee is the one guy I really cant stand in the gop who is flirting w running.   He makes me sick with his pastor schtick. 

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 06:39:10 PM »
He is in there because the evangelicals will all vote for him.  They will never vote for Paul becuase he wants to legalize pot and he doesn't like to perpetually bomb and invade muslim countries.  I think the devout christian vote is one of the biggest threats to honest candidates like Paul, Cain, Johnson.  They just take their orders from their preacher and Hannity and don't ask questions.
Live free or die